Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 9 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Question Tuner Innovations

This post by BB88 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Terry asked if I was the guy who thought only college student and day laborer's bought his product: My response to him is this:

Terry- You either have reading comprehension issues are are deliberately trying to deceive. I suspect it's a combination of both. The only reference that i've ever made to college students and JB4's is that I would have purchased one had i still been in college. I have absolutely no idea where you got the notion that i think Day Laborer's buy your product. Only you know the true demographic's of your customers, so perhaps you're just a little bit sensitive and you let the truth slip. Who knows?

Anyway, can you please answer my question?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I think the answer you are looking for is the Terry tuner or something. I remember reading somewhere that Terry started it all with a free tune and Shiv took Terry's free tune and turned it into Procede.

But then again, I wasn't around then, so I really have no clue and I'm basing all of this on stuff I read from people who are most likely in the same boat as me.

lol!
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Terry's intention behind terry tuner was to show that increasing boost on this platform was not Rocket science as Shiv was claiming it to be. That's how I see it... Correct me if I was wrong.
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dont bother, your negative for being ridiculous, and now trying to circumvent the rules. so first you will be negged again, and then this named banned

@Sticky

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't try to circumvent the rules, serve your time until you can post again. This account is banned, later.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BB88 Click here to enlarge
    Terry asked if I was the guy who thought only college student and day laborer's bought his product: My response to him is this:

Terry- You either have reading comprehension issues are are deliberately trying to deceive. I suspect it's a combination of both. The only reference that i've ever made to college students and JB4's is that I would have purchased one had i still been in college. I have absolutely no idea where you got the notion that i think Day Laborer's buy your product. Only you know the true demographic's of your customers, so perhaps you're just a little bit sensitive and you let the truth slip. Who knows?

Anyway, can you please answer my question?
    Sure, here is a list just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are many more like first to offer an n54 intake to market, first (and only?) to tune the 335d, first to bring an n55 tune to market, and that sort of stuff. I will search and post back your e90post quote on what you referred to as "blue collar" workers.

First (and maybe only?) to offer proprietary piggyback hardware fully designed and programmed in house.
    First to offer a color coded plug and harness.
    First to offer an all in one single box solution. e.g. no external relays, ballasts, etc.
    First to offer fuel pressure biasing / open loop fuel control.
    First to offer a feed forward adaptive PID system which was in the very first JB3.
    First to offer a true bypass map. Not a "stock like" tuned map.
    First to offer more than 2 maps.
    First to offer user adjustable nitrous integration.
    First to offer a fully user adjustable in dash shift light, timing gauge, and meth gauge, among others.
    First to offer an always active (even when driving) command center allowing for selection of all the features included in the sheet below. Many of those features are still only available with the JB4.
    First to offer an RPM by RPM user adjustable interface for custom tuning
    First to offer a non-4.7k fuel biasing resistor including support for user swappable resistors.
    First to offer gear-dependent CPS control.

In terms of n54 performance:
    First n54 legitimately in the 11s
    First turbo only n54 to 120mph
    First Xi in the 11s
    First N54 to 125mph
    First N54 to 130mph
    First N54 to 450whp (need to double check dates on this one but pretty sure we have it)
    First N54 to 500whp

Not to mention we've tuned more n54 motors than any other tuner.

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As promised:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue
    PROcede: 24 (41%)
    25-34: 18 (75%)
    35+: 4 (17%)
    Unanswered: 0 (0%)

Education
    High School/Vocational: 5 (21%)
    Bachelors: 15 (63%)
    Masters+: 1 (4%)
    Unanswered: 3 (13%)

Occupation
    Blue Collar: 6 (25%)
    White Collar: 14 (50%)
    Student: 1 (4%)
    Unanswered: 3 (13%)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue
    Traditionally, blue collar workers are refered to as unskilled laborer's.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You did not even need to respond to him.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

6 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Some people have other people's balls so far in their mouths, I wonder if it's possible for them to think rationally...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    We should start a poll over here for the Biggest Vishnu Ball Licker. Usually I would say bryce would take the cake but laguna seca would make it a close race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

This guy is truly delusional. He emailed me demanding a reply. I attempted to explain how we've developed our own hardware and software since 2007, that Vishnu purchased their technology, and that the respective technologies have never had much in common. Essentially undercutting his entire premise. I also mentioned that I had a lot more respect for Cobb as an engineer as they have developed their own hardware and software.

His reply, and I quote "... Everything you stand for is built on lies...I have absolutely no idea how you sleep at night".
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Lol I love the poll on occupation, age, education....blah blah

Don't you think the results could be skewed slightly....let's think about it, the poll is being conducted via the INTERNET, on a BMW enthusiast forum, and is visible by the public.....how many people are going to post the truth, how many uneducated people are surfing the Internet on BMW forums, what age group generally looks at bmw forums, etc. The poll is laughable.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I normally don't partake in these discussions, but SMACKED in the face with the truth, yet still in denial.

I only wish I had 1000 rep points to view the first post.
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am very upset withTerry, but he is a great professional with his work and knows what he does on the platform bmw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This guy is truly delusional. He emailed me demanding a reply. I attempted to explain how we've developed our own hardware and software since 2007, that Vishnu purchased their technology, and that the respective technologies have never had much in common. Essentially undercutting his entire premise. I also mentioned that I had a lot more respect for Cobb as an engineer as they have developed their own hardware and software.

His reply, and I quote "... Everything you stand for is built on lies...I have absolutely no idea how you sleep at night".
    The poll was interesting just to see all the engineers in the responses. However, then he drew his conclusions and the white/blue collar thing just blew up in his face, not to mention the education bit and it all went to $#@!. And taking what Shiv and others say as fact, he runs around looking to burn BMS for what he perceives are "moral" wrongs, using heresy as evidence and creating anecdotal references to his own business as a jewelry maker (he felt terrible once for copying a jewelry design, etc).

All of this from a guy that "got on it" around a corner, in an area full of people in the middle of a city.
    Click here to enlarge
    I can't be the only person saying WTF, right??? His argument for trying to drift through a corner on a busy city street? He was upset, and the E46 M3 has lots of control in oversteer situations...but it's not his fault, the car wasn't working right due to shoddy modifications...that he knew about and still drove the car like that...

Anyway, point being take what he says in the context of a hyper-fan-boy, logic seems to escape him and his decision making abilities have to be called into question from the evidence he himself provides.

I like the JB4 and I love the BMS customer service, but I'll be damned if I ever see myself becoming a zombie fanboy like some of these Procede guys. Fact is, if something else works better for me I'll buy it, and based on how Terry interacts with non-JB4 users on n54tech and here, as long as it works for you he's happy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Maybe he banged his head in the crashClick here to enlarge
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So much WIN in this thread, I can't rep anymore for today. rofl
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Maybe he banged his head in the crashClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Heh that laguna guy thinks I am bashing procede because I asked SIKH where he's gonna build his transmission when it goes south....

"SHIV PROMISED HE WILL NOT BLOW UP AUTO TRANSMISSIONS!"

Well, shiv promised a lot of things that didn't quite come true now, as we all know. Click here to enlarge

PS laguna is WAY worse than Bryce. At least Bryce tried all the tunes before bashing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Must...fight..urge...to...interject...and...lose.. .rep...points...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol Shiv definitely created the first big turbo and ran 10s with the car but the sketchiness of how he did it, what he did to the car and his marketing cannot be debated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Heh that laguna guy thinks I am bashing procede because I asked SIKH where he's gonna build his transmission when it goes south....

"SHIV PROMISED HE WILL NOT BLOW UP AUTO TRANSMISSIONS!"

Well, shiv promised a lot of things that didn't quite come true now, as we all know. Click here to enlarge

PS laguna is WAY worse than Bryce. At least Bryce tried all the tunes before bashing.
    The auto is trouble, fact is running at ~450 wtq I've already got mine needing work, likely because of many hard launches. If you drive like grampa on 500wtq your trans is fine, but drag race it and such and it will need work, at the very least a rebuild eventually and why not do some work on the valvebody and torque converter when it's out...

Anyone talking about the auto lasting a long time at 600whp/450wtq single turbo is trying to keep the sheep happy, be hard to sell turbo kits if you said part of it was an expensive trans rebuild Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol I do drive like gramps. Click here to enlarge I never launch the car. If I do it's only at the drag strip so maybe 10x a year? Lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Lol I do drive like gramps. Click here to enlarge I never launch the car. If I do it's only at the drag strip so maybe 10x a year? Lol.
    When this platform reaches the level of maturity when Cobb can fully flash the DME to run RBs on an E85 mix, I am picking up another 07 stick.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast