Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I use Toyo drag radials for the track.
    And you are getting plenty of heat into them?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And you are getting plenty of heat into them?
    No. I suck at burnouts =X

Like I said, I am a complete NOOB! lol
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No. I suck at burnouts =X

Like I said, I am a complete NOOB! lol
    Practice on a back-road somewhere, better than learning in front of people at a drag-strip Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Went to the drag strip again last Friday. Forgot to take my COBB, so I didn't get any logs. Shifting 3-4 at 6100 seemed to help a lot (Thanks @dzenno).

My three best runs:

Click here to enlarge

First two were with meth (OTS Stage 2+) and third was without. I didn't shift till 6700 on the 12.7 run, accidentally.

Here are a few runs my friend ran in my car.

Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @nafoo, big improvement from the first time out. What were the conditions like down in Florida? Were you full weight? I think in good DA you have quite a bit left in there...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    @nafoo , big improvement from the first time out. What were the conditions like down in Florida? Were you full weight? I think in good DA you have quite a bit left in there...
    I'm in Houston, Texas. It was 90 degrees. I was at 3700 lbs (no back seats, cf trunk, 1/4 - 1/8 tank of gas).

What does DA stand for?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    DA, in layman terms, is a calculated value based on weather conditions at the time you did your runs. It can go from zero in both negative and positive directions. The higher/more positive it is the slower your car will be as it gets affected by humidity/heat/etc. For a full on explanation you can Google of course.

Here's a calculator on dragtimes to help you visualize what your times/traps could've been possibly in zero DA:

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-...calculator.php
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ahh, cool.

DA started at 2112 and went down to 1663 by the end of the night.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Went to the drag strip again last Friday. Forgot to take my COBB, so I didn't get any logs. Shifting 3-4 at 6100 seemed to help a lot (Thanks @dzenno ).

My three best runs:

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...2/06/121-1.jpg

First two were with meth (OTS Stage 2+) and third was without. I didn't shift till 6700 on the 12.7 run, accidentally.

Here are a few runs my friend ran in my car.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...2/06/121-2.jpg
    Good stuff, you hit a 1.87 which is not bad and a nice improvement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Good stuff, you hit a 1.87 which is not bad and a nice improvement.
    Thanks. I'm at stock M3 #s, right? Need more booooost! =P

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm at stock M3 #s, right?
    Yep, you are right there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For what it's worth, I ran consistent 12.7's with a 2.0-2.2 60' @ 112-114 mph. No meth, no LSD. 6AT. You should make the trek out to San Antonio Raceway sometime and see what you can do there.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your better than stock m3 times, especially with a 6mt....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would assume nafoo is running at Royal Purple Raceway (former Houston Raceway Park), which should be hands down a better prepped track than SA. HRP is arguably one of the fastest tracks in the country. I think in 2010 it held the record for fastest trap speed. Although, there may be some benefits in SA with regards to humidity. I trapped 119 in SA and never hit that in Houston.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Not really, it's right in the range.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    DA, in layman terms, is a calculated value based on weather conditions at the time you did your runs. It can go from zero in both negative and positive directions. The higher/more positive it is the slower your car will be as it gets affected by humidity/heat/etc. For a full on explanation you can Google of course.

Here's a calculator on dragtimes to help you visualize what your times/traps could've been possibly in zero DA:

http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-...calculator.php
    Wow had no idea this existed, thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    For what it's worth, I ran consistent 12.7's with a 2.0-2.2 60' @ 112-114 mph. No meth, no LSD. 6AT. You should make the trek out to San Antonio Raceway sometime and see what you can do there.
    Did you ever log your runs? Shiv says MT loses about .3-.4 secs a shift. I saw in my logs it usually took me .4-.5 to shift gears. Just wondering what I could run if I were AT.

There was a M3 there that ran 12.7@109. Not sure if it had any performance mods or it was DCT, MT, or AT but it was very pretty.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ianthegreat Click here to enlarge
    I would assume nafoo is running at Royal Purple Raceway (former Houston Raceway Park), which should be hands down a better prepped track than SA. HRP is arguably one of the fastest tracks in the country. I think in 2010 it held the record for fastest trap speed. Although, there may be some benefits in SA with regards to humidity. I trapped 119 in SA and never hit that in Houston.
    Yeah, these were at RPR. Thats what I heard about this track, but I don't think that's the case anymore. They must have adjusted their equipment because I'm right at or slower than other similarly modded 335s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very close for a stock M3 and average driver, probably better than one in those conditions.

It seems as though your MPH went down with your 60'. interesting...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    very close for a stock M3 and average driver, probably better than one in those conditions.

It seems as though your MPH went down with your 60'. interesting...
    MPH was between 110 and 112 because of meth. Running it gave me the extra 2 mph. I mistakenly thought it was slowing down my 1st and 2nd gears, so I turned it off in the later runs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12