Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    First off, I'm not impressed at all knowing Sacramento raceway is at sea level. Second, with a 1.5 60' should have been in the mid 10s. Third, RB can put the same numbers, not on dyno or 60-130 but very close or the same results in a 1/4 mile. Fourth, this kit is $7500-8500.

Can someone from the other forum asked Shiv to post a slip without an excuse?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i honestly think you guys are handicapping the 6mt more than it deserves. Yes, the AT is faster at shifting but the MT isn't impossible to launch and a good driver can get some damn good shift times. My point is that a 650+WHP car shouldn't require the stars to align to crack into the 10 s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    So... 630 WHP or there abouts... car runs an 11 with a trap of 130 at a weight of 32xx lbs. All things considered this is just a $#@!ty platform and people need to realize that this is not a good drag car. It only needed gearing changes, a turbo conversion and full slicks to run against a bolt on z06, lol. Not hating, just telling it how it is... This is far too much effort to get a platform to run low 11s...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jay335i Click here to enlarge
    First off, I'm not impressed at all knowing Sacramento raceway is at sea level. Second, with a 1.5 60' should have been in the mid 10s. Third, RB can put the same numbers, not on dyno or 60-130 but very close or the same results in a 1/4 mile. Fourth, this kit is $7500-8500.

Can someone from the other forum asked Shiv to post a slip without an excuse?
    Id do it but infractions give me hives. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

This "new world record" business is hilarious. This guy will have 1000 or so world records shaving .000001's off his run every single time. If that car runs 10.999 I will still consider it an 11's car.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 6mt excuse is bull$#@!. Plenty other platforms raping at the track with a manual. Hell I can show you a blown 5.0 manual going 10.2 at 135 with th factory 6 speed.

As for his 60 you guys are new to this, with that much power a high 1.5 on slicks is nothing special. That thing should be running high 1.4 if the driver and car are on the same page.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What I'm most curious to see is what would the car run on DR's with the stock 3.08 gearing?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    i honestly think you guys are handicapping the 6mt more than it deserves. Yes, the AT is faster at shifting but the MT isn't impossible to launch and a good driver can get some damn good shift times. My point is that a 650+WHP car shouldn't require the stars to align to crack into the 10 s
    This.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    So... 630 WHP or there abouts... car runs an 11 with a trap of 130 at a weight of 32xx lbs. All things considered this is just a $#@!ty platform and people need to realize that this is not a good drag car. It only needed gearing changes, a turbo conversion and full slicks to run against a bolt on z06, lol. Not hating, just telling it how it is... This is far too much effort to get a platform to run low 11s...
    And this.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    This "new world record" business is hilarious. This guy will have 1000 or so world records shaving .000001's off his run every single time. If that car runs 10.999 I will still consider it an 11's car.
    Plus this.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    The 6mt excuse is bull$#@!. Plenty other platforms raping at the track with a manual. Hell I can show you a blown 5.0 manual going 10.2 at 135 with th factory 6 speed.

As for his 60 you guys are new to this, with that much power a high 1.5 on slicks is nothing special. That thing should be running high 1.4 if the driver and car are on the same page.
    Is why he fails.

I am amazed, really I am. If my 3200 lbs mustang had 650 whp it would be running 9s, even in a manual. Granted BMWs arent made for drag racing, fair enough. Whats with the 130 traps then? I did notice him sit in 1st gear bouncing off the limiter, driver error then.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't forget, this car is a mid 10-second car. Theoretically. Maybe. Well, maybe a bit more than maybe. But definitely in theory. Click here to enlarge

Somehow, every word that comes out of the guy is coated in snake oil.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sleepermg Click here to enlarge
    Don't forget, this car is a mid 10-second car. Theoretically. Maybe. Well, maybe a bit more than maybe. But definitely in theory. Click here to enlarge

Somehow, every word that comes out of the guy is coated in snake oil.
    I respect the endeavour to try and go single turbo on the platform. But he is such an unpredictable guy that it makes me not care about anything he does. He talks a ton of $#@! that's for sure.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know no one will like this but this platfom past the 450 WHP mark is both cost and logic ineffective.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know no one will like this but this platfom past the 450 WHP mark is both cost and logic ineffective.
    Uograded twins aren't all bad

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is true for the most part, but dont forget we havent really had that many experiences with cars in the 500+ range. Just a handful of people are 500+ and the platform is still young. I think in time it will evolve into greatness.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    I just dont get it 19-16 psi 127mph
    to his 24-23 psi is only 130mph..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Past 450 there are reliability issues in terms of auto tranny guys, traction issues and cost effectiveness issues as well as dd issues where u r much better off by driving a different car unless u have poor logic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The N54 doesn't have a live axle and has an automatic that can launch in second gear. Click here to enlarge

Come on dude we both had manual 135i before, they're a nightmare to launch with big power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    About hitting the rev limited for 0.8seconds, how do you know he didn't wait just to get his car in speed with the wheels? he could have slipped to redline and waited to match speeds before shifting, right?
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    why is Bryce Atkas of ACI Dynamics not commenting on this today?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    About hitting the rev limited for 0.8seconds, how do you know he didn't wait just to get his car in speed with the wheels? he could have slipped to redline and waited to match speeds before shifting, right?
    Good post. It is. Ether to ride out the spin then to bog the next gear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Past 450 there are reliability issues in terms of auto tranny guys, traction issues and cost effectiveness issues as well as dd issues where u r much better off by driving a different car unless u have poor logic.
    As much as I like to see other people making big power with their cars, the fact that BMW's are not made for drag racing is apparent over and over with different models over the years. They need way more power to overcome their short comings against other cars in this department. With that said though, they can be pretty quick street cars without much effort, which is all that myself or most owners are really looking for. I hope the single turbo thing goes somewhere when other companies get into the game and give factual results, as well as running the car in normal street trim on drag radials. It's just funny coming from the Evo world, where a 650whp+ car is knocking on the door of running 9's. It's not all the AWD thing either, since after the initial launch difference(.2-.3 seconds maybe), it doesn't account for the ~2 second difference. Like I said though, more power to everyone pushing the platform, but a low 11 second DD is still an awesome car, and more than enough for most people outside of a drag strip(or empty highway).
    Current: 2012 CTS-V - stock for now
    Past: 2009 135i 6MT - JB4, bolt ons, meth, E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Explain how you're going to break something when you're putting around in vacuum 99% of the time. It's common sense that stuff is going to break if you continually beat on a car that's making double the factory power output on stock components. I rarely beat on my car actually. I think I spend more time WOT datalogging and dialing stuff in than for my own enjoyment. Click here to enlarge

Traction wise it's not undrivable by any stretch of the imagination.

I already budgeted for a trans build anyway so whatever. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    why is Bryce Atkas of ACI Dynamics not commenting on this today?
    LOL Is this @bryce?

Click here to enlarge

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bryce-atkas/45/68b/4a8
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Uh isn't Bryce in Texas?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did I miss something? Not for nothing but why does it matter what he looks like?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did I miss something? Not for nothing but why does it matter what he looks like?
    Doesn't matter at all, i just found it funny LM stated his first and last name on here so i naturally googled it
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast