Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

2nd HPF single turbo car?

Call me whatever you want, but I just totally stole this from another site LOL. Anyway, credit goes to "TheJacka" for posting this up over there.

"Dress to Kill: 2010 BMW 335i" - HPF N54 Single Turbo

Click here to enlarge

Allie Magyar used to be part of the fast and furious crowd. Her 2000 Honda Civic with turbocharged LS/VTEC motor, custom Lavender paint job and full custom tweed interior was even featured in a tuner magazine back in the day. Despite maturing and starting a family, she’s never lost her passion for cars.

So, when BMW announced it was launching a factory turbocharged hardtop convertible a few years back, Magyar just knew she had to have one. Upon taking delivery of the brand new 2010 BMW 335i convertible a few years ago, she immediately began sourcing parts. With wheels at the top of her wish list and, set on the best quality available, a set of 19-inch HRE 590Rs with piano black powder-coated centers, polished lips and Kumho Ecsta tires got bolted on. A set of Brembo Gran Turismo brakes soon found their way on the car with six-piston front and four-piston rear calipers capable of much better chomping force on the larger 18- front and 15-inch rear rotors, respectively. Anticipating some possible future upgrades to her car, Magyar smartly purchased the HRE wheels the with “big brake clearance” sizing when she first got them, so they fit perfectly right away.

A double-sided Vorsteiner carbon fiber hood was to be the only exterior upgrade, but an opportunity arose to buy a full Kerscher Spirit kit and Magyar wasn’t about to pass it up. Kerscher’s Spirit kit accentuates the OEM body lines whilst adding some subtle styling via a new front bumper with integrated fog lights, side skirts and a rear bumper. The optional carbon fiber accents and front splitter are also on the car to help accentuate its sportier appearance. The exterior of the car still needed some updating, so it has been lowered using Cross’s competition series coil-overs. Cross is the European arm of JIC Magic suspension and the 15-way adjustable monotube dampers ensure a comfortable ride at any ride height. Initially, Magyar’s black beauty had a few simple upgrades like an Active Autoworks blow-off valve and ECM flash, but who doesn’t crave more power? So, naturally, the 3-series soon found itself in the hands of HorsepowerFreaks to get one of its very first 335i N54 turbo kits installed. This kit features a single turbo upgrade centered around Precision Turbo’s billet 6265 turbo that is paired here with a Tial 44 mm V-band wastegate. Due to the way HPF builds its kits and, depending on power preferences, the stainless steel tubular T4 flanged manifold can mate with a variety of turbo sizes ranging from 62 mm and all the way up to a 76 mm monster. The intake air is cooled via a HPF front mount intercooler, which fits nicely into the front opening of the Kerscher kit, while a HKS Super Sequential blow-off valve and Evolution Racewerks blow-off pipe provide more of an upgrade compared to the existing parts. Hot fumes race through a HPF down-pipe before running through a fully-polished 3.5-inch stainless steel exhaust system.

Air-fuel ratio, timing and all the important electronic stuff is managed by a Vishnu Performance Procede 3 engine control system. Unfortunately, power is limited by the capabilities of OEM direct injection system to about 500 hp. Too bad because those the turbos will easily push 650 hp. That said, the plan is to upgrade the BMW to stage two during the summer months when HorsepowerFreaks plans to install a new intake manifold, fuel rail as well as 1,100 cc injectors. The stage two turbo kit should be available by the time you’re finished reading this with a MSRP under $6,000 (U.S.). The tuner is well known for building some of the most reliable turbo kits on the market; and, its various project cars have hit well north of 1,000 rwhp on the dyno time and time again. With power and looks to kill, this car has become a street cruiser to die for. If you see “FAST GIRL” cruising around the Pacific Northwest, you’ll know this car has the balls to defend the bold statement on the license plate!

VEHICLE: 2010 BMW 335i
    OWNER: Allie Magyar
    ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 3.5L
    HORSEPOWER: 500 rwhp
    ENGINE MODIFICATIONS
    HorsepowerFreaks N54 single kurbo kit (Precision 6265 series billet turbocharger, tubular manifold, down-pipe,
    3.5-in. stainless exhaust, front mounted intercooler;
    Tial 44 mm V-band wastegate;
    Evolution Raceworks blow-off pipe;
    HKS Super Sequential blow-off valve;
    Vishnu Performance Procede 3 Engine Control System)
    EXTERIOR
    Kersher Spirit 3 complete body kit
    Vorsteiner carbon fiber hood
    WHEELS & TIRES
    HRE 590R wheels – 19 x 8.5 (f), 19 x 10 (r)
    Kumho Ecsta tires – 235/35/19 (f), 285/35/19 (r)
    Brembo Gran Turismo brake kit – 18-in. rotors, six-piston calipers (f), 15-in. rotors, four-piston calipers (r)
    SUSPENSION
    Cross 15-way adjustable competition coil-overs

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Written and Photos by Jacob Leveton
    http://www.pasmag.com/features/rides

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    By the way, I will negative rep the $#@! out of the first person that mentions the swirl marks on the door. That seemed to be one of the big topics over on e90post LOL. Maybe it's just me, but I was more surprised that HPF built a second car on the DL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I still cant beleive they list displacement at 3.5L. Someone on e90 blamed that on HPF, I blame the writer of the article.

Anyways, agreed on being surprised by the DL build. However, it does not seem that the owner is on e90.

EDIT: External dump on the WG FTW!

EDIT2: So, the "stage 2 kit" is $6k? That includes the Turbo, mani, DP, WG, Dump Tube, Exhaust, FMIC, and the port injection Intake Mani/fuel rail/injectors? Or is "stage 2" just the fueling change?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I don't remember if HPF ever actually stated what the price included (or maybe I missed it). It doesn't seem like Eric's car included any fueling upgrades. Maybe it explains on HPF's website?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I dont know either, I was just juding on what the article says.

"HorsepowerFreaks N54 single kurbo kit (Precision 6265 series billet turbocharger, tubular manifold, down-pipe,
    3.5-in. stainless exhaust, front mounted intercooler; Tial 44 mm V-band wastegate; Evolution Raceworks blow-off pipe; HKS Super Sequential blow-off valve; Vishnu Performance Procede 3 Engine Control System)"

And

"That said, the plan is to upgrade the BMW to stage two during the summer months when HorsepowerFreaks plans to install a new intake manifold, fuel rail as well as 1,100 cc injectors. The stage two turbo kit should be available by the time you’re finished reading this with a MSRP under $6,000 (U.S.)."

Now that I read it more, seems like the kit might also include CP, BOV, and Tune?

On top of all that, between the incorrect displacment and the misspelling of "turbo" I am not sure how much weight I should put into a lot of what this article is talking about.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

It's HPF's word. So Stage 2 will be ready by the time the F30 gets a facelift.
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

i hope HPF address that hack job of a manifold they had to re-rig because of the $#@!ty o2 sensor placement. pics of mani, hpf?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
    By the way, I will negative rep the $#@! out of the first person that mentions the swirl marks on the door. That seemed to be one of the big topics over on e90post LOL. Maybe it's just me, but I was more surprised that HPF built a second car on the DL.
    there are more headed that way as well Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I dont get it did they ever get the 1st car back to the owner in working order. Everyone was wondering why people would be jumping on the Vishnu Single, but this is weird you would think there would be more info (times, Dyno's, pictures of a new manifold) before a 2nd car.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    I dont get it did they ever get the 1st car back to the owner in working order. Everyone was wondering why people would be jumping on the Vishnu Single, but this is weird you would think there would be more info (times, Dyno's, pictures of a new manifold) before a 2nd car.Click here to enlarge
    good point actually.

only think i can think of, is that if people are willing to trust shiv, with his history of "OOPS!" and "no issues with my tuning, but here is a fix for last months non-issue", then why not send the car to hpf, using same hardware, but a much better backround/name...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

What's really "mind bottling" is the timeline. They JUST finished Eric's car up a few weeks ago, and they were supposed to be doing some finishing touches and shipping the car back to him for the summer (not sure if he even has it yet, since I haven't seen any "Got my car back after 2+ years, can't believe how awesome it is" OR "OMFG put my HPF single turbo sideways into a ditch" threads). Then today I see this article of this car that is already completed and surmisably good to go. The date of the original article is April 20th, so was this car completed before Eric's? Or maybe in tandum? Hard to believe they banged another one out within days of Eric's.

Here's the link to the original, B.T.W.

http://www.pasmag.com/features/rides...weqweqweqweqwe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Does anyone know what HPF is pulling here? Was this an Area 51 project or something... If they are running a fully built 1100 Whp drag car and aren't letting anyone know, I will be pissed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

well this is a surprise... did they pull this out of their ass? I didn't even know the first car was fully finished.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

BS article.

Owner of the only HPF single turbo 335i said the pics under the car are of his car.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPF335i#1
    This article is fake... There is only one HPF manifold in existence... and it on my car. Those pictures are from my car 6 months ago. lol. Sad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    BS article.

Owner of the only HPF single turbo 335i said the pics under the car are of his car.
    then why hasn't machrc pulled the thread on e46?
    im sure hpf would have corrected them if its bogus.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

If this is fake, then I diarrhea on the face of pasmag.com. I hope to fill their gaping hole with liquid feces, maybe mixed with a bit of rectal blood.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If this is fake, then I diarrhea on the face of pasmag.com. I hope to fill their gaping hole with liquid feces, maybe mixed with a bit of rectal blood.
    lol, pick up the phone and ask tomorrow man.
    im assuming you have an n54?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yep N54 here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Maybe it's just me, but I was more surprised that HPF built a second car on the DL.
    They, just like most shops, have a lot going on that is not posted on the forums.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    Why would there be more info before a second car?

There are two M3's being built with low comp motors, mine being one of them. Because there are two there should be more info?

The single turbo kits aren't even released. When Vishnu finishes up theirs HPF will likely finish theirs as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

ill get an update for your sewing circle. next time pick up the phone guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    ill get an update for your sewing circle. next time pick up the phone guys.
    Nah, I don't do participate in that anymore. Not enough time, with the book of the month club and all.