Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Has anyone gone to Island Dragway this year yet?

Just wondering if they fixed the track timer from last year. The track read 4-5 mph too slow on trap speeds back then.

Yes, I know Atco is where you go for the best times but Island Dragway is quantity over quality and it's only a 50 minute drive. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn i didn't know it read low mph when i was there last year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A good way to get people not to go to your track is to have equipment that reads 5 mph too low. Who the hell would want to go there?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol vbox said 118.7 slip said 113.98

Also there was a N55 tuned car trapping 102, a 335xi FBO meth trapping 108 let's just say the track was extremely broken.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    interesting I have to find my time slip from last year. I think I trapped a 117 or something like that on low boost. I dont like the location because it was in the middle of no where, and if you break something it took forever to get a tow. I don't think I will ever go there again.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Raceway Park is about 50 mins from me as well OP. I also live in NYC.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Just wondering if they fixed the track timer from last year. The track read 4-5 mph too slow on trap speeds back then.

Yes, I know Atco is where you go for the best times but Island Dragway is quantity over quality and it's only a 50 minute drive. Click here to enlarge
    Are you basing this soley on your incident w the vbox or do you have any other solid proof? I was there at least 2-3x a month last year&my 1/8mi&1/4mi traps where within 1-2mph of what I trap at Atco&MIR..weather conditions not being taken into account so Im quite sure weather played the wild card in the difference. I have made over 200 passes on this particular bike last year(MIR,Atco,Island,Lebanon Valley) so I know what it traps,in my experience the timing system at Island is not off by 5mph...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Are you basing this soley on your incident w the vbox or do you have any other solid proof? I was there at least 2-3x a month last year&my 1/8mi&1/4mi traps where within 1-2mph of what I trap at Atco&MIR..weather conditions not being taken into account so Im quite sure weather played the wild card in the difference. I have made over 200 passes on this particular bike last year(MIR,Atco,Island,Lebanon Valley) so I know what it traps,in my experience the timing system at Island is not off by 5mph...
    This was next to last day of the season when traps were terrible. If only my car was running poorly then I could blame the car. When everyone is running poorly it's the track.

FWIW, atco is usually within .5-1.5 MPH of the vbox. Vbox was consistently 4-5 mph slow this day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    leave it be, use it for a safe and repeatable logging session. if you want real ET, come on down, i got whatever you need to help you out, want a place to remove/store your seats, i got ya, need/want jack/tools video, charged laptop ect, i got ya..