Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 125 of 125
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    202
    Rep Points
    84.5
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    didn't shiv say something along the lines of his single turbo n54 being way more fun to drive than a tuned gtr? Click here to enlarge

  2. #102
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    522
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I chose not to read this thread due to sticky's comments on the first page. i will now go look for more info on a different forum.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,195
    Rep Points
    31,312.9
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    I chose not to read this thread due to sticky's comments on the first page. i will now go look for more info on a different forum.
    You people and your sensitivities. You chose to post though.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,195
    Rep Points
    31,312.9
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Seriously nobody watches 30 rock to even get the reference?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    915.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    didn't shiv say something along the lines of his single turbo n54 being way more fun to drive than a tuned gtr? Click here to enlarge
    GTRs are boring drives. Very fast, still but boring, as the electronic gimmicks do everything. You just point the car in the direction you want, push the throttle and the in-built playstation does the rest.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    1,191
    Rep Points
    915.6
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Ok, I know I'll get neg repped again for this, but well...

    Regarding LMs record: why didn't anyone on RBs break this record for over a year, despite tuning developments from all camps?? Maybe there's a good reason for this? Maybe others don't want to push things to the point where $#@! will just break??

    What I'm waiting for from the Vishnu camp is good 60-130 times. Those will tell ME how fast the car really is. I don't give a $#@! about 1/4mile times, which have nothing to do with how a car performs in real life.

    And seriously, why is there still no proper fueling solution for our cars? 4 meth nozzles? WTF! Shouldn't the flash tuners be able to sort this out easily? Injectors aren't the bottleneck as shown some months ago already.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,195
    Rep Points
    31,312.9
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    GTRs are boring drives. Very fast, still but boring, as the electronic gimmicks do everything. You just point the car in the direction you want, push the throttle and the in-built playstation does the rest.
    I agree with you.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Apologies, i forgot you even had an n54.
    It means little now as the car is gone, but i know wha the car did, and how much more it had in it.
    I still have it that's what hurts more. Sitting with all the right groceries. When I am done with the 63 might do the box.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Ok, I know I'll get neg repped again for this, but well...

    Regarding LMs record: why didn't anyone on RBs break this record for over a year, despite tuning developments from all camps?? Maybe there's a good reason for this? Maybe others don't want to push things to the point where $#@! will just break??

    What I'm waiting for from the Vishnu camp is good 60-130 times. Those will tell ME how fast the car really is. I don't give a $#@! about 1/4mile times, which have nothing to do with how a car performs in real life.

    And seriously, why is there still no proper fueling solution for our cars? 4 meth nozzles? WTF! Shouldn't the flash tuners be able to sort this out easily? Injectors aren't the bottleneck as shown some months ago already.
    Once a flash tuner gets a hold of a single turbo they'll have a much better time fueling it.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    ^ ewwww, cut your nails Shiv!
    lmfao
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    158
    Rep Points
    2.1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Once a flash tuner gets a hold of a single turbo they'll have a much better time fueling it.
    The Flash Tuners have been working on an RB flash tune for some time now. probably since before Vishnu started on the Single. IMHO I think the RB users should put more pressure private and public for the release of the new flash tunes for the RB. There is a lot of talk of what flash tunes will do for Single fueling, should this not apply to the RB as well. A few posts up some one brought up a great point of why has LM's record not been broken by another RB car. It has been stated that the RB's have more in them so lets push to see what they have. Its all great fun to bash on the one tuner that is pushing other tuners to innovate however why not push on the other tuners to innovate.

    IMHO the single turbo is a whole new learning curve from driving it down a 1/4 mile to the way it is tuned. It will be a steady push to the end but will get there. I think some on this forum have lost sight of the goal, promote new ideas foster them and they will grow. If you spend all day crying over the 10's then maybe a little nudge to your respective tuner will get your individual cars there. Click here to enlarge

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,676
    Rep Points
    3,291.4
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Which part of "no fueling limitation" didn't you understand? What needs to be done to prove that, which already hasn't been shown?

    I don't think anyone here is crying about the 10s...in fact I'd think those cries are loud and clear from that camp throwing everything imaginable to get into 10s...again, that's totally understandable as ETs with a 6MT are TOUGH!

    my thing has never been ETs with Shiv's car, its always been about traps being relatively low for the power dynoed and presented...do you disagree? just roll the damn car off the line with a 2.5 60" and go for the trap and show the car's got balls...there's got to be some RB cars down there...line up and do a roll on since that's a lot easier
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 05-11-2012 at 02:26 PM.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Regarding LMs record: why didn't anyone on RBs break this record for over a year, despite tuning developments from all camps?? Maybe there's a good reason for this? Maybe others don't want to push things to the point where $#@! will just break??
    I can only comment on this part, and i was gonna offer that advice to shiv today anyway,pretty coincidental, but you nailed it on the head. If you want to be fast, you have accept the fact something may break, and SOMETHING probably will..

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    The Flash Tuners have been working on an RB flash tune for some time now. probably since before Vishnu started on the Single. IMHO I think the RB users should put more pressure private and public for the release of the new flash tunes for the RB. There is a lot of talk of what flash tunes will do for Single fueling, should this not apply to the RB as well. A few posts up some one brought up a great point of why has LM's record not been broken by another RB car. It has been stated that the RB's have more in them so lets push to see what they have. Its all great fun to bash on the one tuner that is pushing other tuners to innovate however why not push on the other tuners to innovate.

    IMHO the single turbo is a whole new learning curve from driving it down a 1/4 mile to the way it is tuned. It will be a steady push to the end but will get there. I think some on this forum have lost sight of the goal, promote new ideas foster them and they will grow. If you spend all day crying over the 10's then maybe a little nudge to your respective tuner will get your individual cars there. Click here to enlarge
    There is a pretty good RB flash tune out there already with no fueling limitations, at least on RBs.

    Fwiw, I think shivs work is great! Guarantee well see 10s when that 6AT gets out there.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,676
    Rep Points
    3,291.4
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I can only comment on this part, and i was gonna offer that advice to shiv today anyway,pretty coincidental, but you nailed it on the head. If you want to be fast, you have accept the fact something may break, and SOMETHING probably will..
    Something WILL! On a 6MT, start with a few clutches (if you're going all out) and stock rear axle(s)...possibly a synchro in the gearbox here and there too lol

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The only way youre gonna see 10s out of an N54 with a manual is with 900 hp. An auto is gonna do it with 600 hp easily. Oldbooster was running bottom 11's 2 years ago in his Auto car. I bet he could have run 10s if he really wanted to. The manuals are going to be hard to get into the 10s because of the nature of BMWs and drag racing, match made in hell.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,053
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    The only way youre gonna see 10s out of an N54 with a manual is with 900 hp. An auto is gonna do it with 600 hp easily. Oldbooster was running bottom 11's 2 years ago in his Auto car. I bet he could have run 10s if he really wanted to. The manuals are going to be hard to get into the 10s because of the nature of BMWs and drag racing, match made in hell.
    Shiv is gonna run a 10 soon. Working on 2-Step logic and clutch engagement. On street tires yes, much extra horsepower needed to make up for the crappy low gear acceleration.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,195
    Rep Points
    31,312.9
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I don't know why everyone wants the RB comparison so badly, the single will walk them up top.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I can only comment on this part, and i was gonna offer that advice to shiv today anyway,pretty coincidental, but you nailed it on the head. If you want to be fast, you have accept the fact something may break, and SOMETHING probably will..
    +1 I have no glory aspirations to attempt breaking the 10 second club when I can't even break 11s. Click here to enlarge

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    8
    Rep Points
    4.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    +1 I have no glory aspirations to attempt breaking the 10 second club when I can't even break 11s. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    paging@themyst what was your FBO, stock turbo record on Cobb with no meth?

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,089
    Rep Points
    999.1
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Don't know to be honest. Never ran without meth.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    hmm, I wonder what the best trap would be with an FBO full weight car with cobb protune both on pump 93 and another on a mix of e85/93.

  24. #124
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    canada
    Posts
    522
    Rep Points
    122.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    just for a quick reference, e36s run 10s with a manual, about 550whp, no launch control stuff, with DRs, at about 135mph, at about 3300lbs.

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,195
    Rep Points
    31,312.9
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    just for a quick reference, e36s run 10s with a manual, about 550whp, no launch control stuff, with DRs, at about 135mph, at about 3300lbs.
    Lighter with more displacement (the 3.2's) and far more tuning options.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •