Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Coolingmist CM7 vs. DO7

Coolingmist comparing themselves to Devil's Own. Note, this is not an independent test. The CM7 nozzle is on the right.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    interesting, wish they threw in snow's nozzle too, aquamist's too
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    Exactly, it isn't a complete comparison.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok I see the slight spry difference but will this actually lead to improved car performance? That is the only thing that matters to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blk135 Click here to enlarge
    Ok I see the slight spry difference but will this actually lead to improved car performance? That is the only thing that matters to me.
    Honestly, I don't know. They are making a big deal about the slightly different spay pattern.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, I don't know. They are making a big deal about the slightly different spay pattern.
    I know and I dont see this making any noticable power difference but I would love to be proven wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's a nice advancement. A lot of people complained the CM nozzles were harder to install and they fixed that as well as improved the spray pattern. Win/Win!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think what they were trying to show here was the 'bad' spray, sprays drops out when it turns on and off. the 'good' spray, when it cycles on and off doesnt make droplets. you only want an atomized spray of water/meth, drops are bad.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In water meth injection you want as wide of a pattern as you can get. The more narrow is worse because you will have less usable fluid. Also, you want it to be as wide as possible at the base and atomize as close as possible to the injector. The injector can make or break your kit. Its not just how much you spray but the pattern/atomization that will determine performance.

There are a number of things that are different about our new injectors, its not just spray pattern. You should look at the construction of the nozzle to see how its built. The insert in our nozzle for example is stainless steel and screws in. it will not come loose. Ours can actually go into a bung which you cant really do on the DO nozzle.

There are a number of members on N54 tech that are making comparisons and you will see for yourself what they think.

Im not trashing the DO nozzle or saying that its terrible, Im saying we have a better injector in many ways.

CM
    Last edited by coolingmist; 06-24-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think what they were trying to show here was the 'bad' spray, sprays drops out when it turns on and off. the 'good' spray, when it cycles on and off doesnt make droplets. you only want an atomized spray of water/meth, drops are bad.
    No, that has nothing to do with it. It was the spray pattern and where the atomization is that we are talking about.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by coolingmist Click here to enlarge
    In water meth injection you want as wide of a pattern as you can get. The more narrow is worse because you will have less usable fluid. Also, you want it to be as wide as possible at the base and atomize as close as possible to the inejctor.

There are a number of things that are different about our new injectors, its not just spray pattern. You should look at the construction of the nozzle to see how its built. The insert in our nozzle for example is stainless steel and screws in. it will not come loose. Ours can actually go into a bung which you cant really do on the DO nozzle.

There are a number of members on N54 tech that are making comparisons and you will see for yourself what they think.

Im not trashing the DO nozzle or saying that its terrible, Im saying we have a better injector in many ways.

CM
    I don't really know much about nozzles so would you be able to share the details about the construction? How is it built different or what sets it apart I should say? Just that it can be screwed?

I saw some of the results with the new nozzle and they were impressive.

So from what I gather here this nozzle is better because the pattern sprays wider. Isn't the max width angle limited by the area you are spraying into anyway?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Snow uses Hago Agricultural nozzles like the ones McMaster Carr sells. They just machine the tips. I would welcome someone to do an independent test. I dont really care what aquamist sells or does, everything they use is not standardized. Fittings, hose is all different. Competing with them is not that important in our overall business as we dont cross paths that much with the exception of a few models of cars.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here are some pics we took. You may or may not have seen these. The wider the angle the better the atomization is. Also, since you are in such a small pipe, the wider the angle the more atomized meth will enter into the engine vs hitting the wall. Think of it this way, would you prefer to have one that sprays straight to the wall and is only 1/2 inch wide? What is that going to do? you will have almost no atomization as most will hit the wall. The wider the angle the more usuable fluid will atomize and enter the engine.

I tried to post a picture to show you the differences but I got an error saying I cannot.

I don't really know much about nozzles so would you be able to share the details about the construction? How is it built different or what sets it apart I should say? Just that it can be screwed?

I saw some of the results with the new nozzle and they were impressive.

So from what I gather here this nozzle is better because the pattern sprays wider. Isn't the max width angle limited by the area you are spraying into anyway?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here are some pics we took. You may or may not have seen these. The wider the angle the better the atomization is. Also, since you are in such a small pipe, the wider the angle the more atomized meth will enter into the engine vs hitting the wall. Think of it this way, would you prefer to have one that sprays straight to the wall and is only 1/2 inch wide? What is that going to do? you will have almost no atomization as most will hit the wall. The wider the angle the more usuable fluid will atomize and enter the engine.

I tried to post a picture to show you the differences but I got an error saying I cannot.
    Correct, guest vendors may not post advertising material. Sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes it doesn't Click here to enlarge

So the wider the angle the better? It can only get so wide though so aren't you just about that point with this new nozzle?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Correct, guest vendors may not post advertising material. Sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes it doesn't Click here to enlarge

So the wider the angle the better? It can only get so wide though so aren't you just about that point with this new nozzle?

Lets put it this way. The DO nozzle is too narrow. Why? The DO nozzle is based on our standard nozzles. Same company same design. They added 3-4 threads where the hex nut on the standard nozzle. By doing this the pill inside would jump around. You will notice that the pill that DO uses (and our standard nozzle) is held in place by the filter. Since the DO nozzle was stretched in order to get the nut in the middle, the pill on the inside does not get held in place by the filter. So in order to "Fix" that, they recessed the orifice pretty far. Now the pill is held flat. Unfortunately, because of this, it prevents the nozzle from having a wide spray angle. Otherwise it will hit the walls of the recess.

I did not want to go into that, but there you go.

The reason for the comparision is to show our customers what they are paying for. The DO nozzles are not a terrible nozzle or even a bad nozzle but we saw alot of areas that can be improved and thats what we did.

I believe that anyone that has both nozzles will agree with our position on the quality. I will also let customers be the final judge.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lets put it this way. The DO nozzle is too narrow. Why? The DO nozzle is based on our standard nozzles. Same company same design. They added 3-4 threads where the hex nut on the standard nozzle. By doing this the pill inside would jump around. You will notice that the pill that DO uses (and our standard nozzle) is held in place by the filter. Since the DO nozzle was stretched in order to get the nut in the middle, the pill on the inside does not get held in place by the filter. So in order to "Fix" that, they recessed the orifice pretty far. Now the pill is held flat. Unfortunately, because of this, it prevents the nozzle from having a wide spray angle. Otherwise it will hit the walls of the recess.

I did not want to go into that, but there you go.

The reason for the comparision is to show our customers what they are paying for. The DO nozzles are not a terrible nozzle or even a bad nozzle but we saw alot of areas that can be improved and thats what we did.

I believe that anyone that has both nozzles will agree with our position on the quality. I will also let customers be the final judge.

CM
    Good info and that sounds quite reasonable. Seems your customers are quite happy as I believe CB335 (sp?) posted some great results at the strip with the new nozzle.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just thought I would add this to coolingmist discusison:

This will work with CMGS or VC2 or any other controller on the market. If you want the all in one design, you need the VC2 as its molded for that controller insert.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Coolingmist, I'm curious as to why you gave me a neg rep for posting your own videos?

Guest vendors are not supposed to be able to use the rep system so I will fix that shortly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it was an accident. I never saw a "reputation" system before. I thought when you press the buttons it shows you how many voted either way. There was no confirmation, as soon as I pressed it, it recorded.

You can change it if you want. Sorry.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it was an accident. I never saw a "reputation" system before. I thought when you press the buttons it shows you how many voted either way. There was no confirmation, as soon as I pressed it, it recorded.

You can change it if you want. Sorry.

CM
    Not a big deal, just wasn't sure if you did not like that we posted your videos. Heh, don't worry about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nah, if I post something in a public forum, its public domain. Cant have it both ways Click here to enlarge

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Some more info about these nozzles:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CBR335 Click here to enlarge
    Here is the first bit of data I collected from running the new CM M7 and M5 nozzles. Along with some pictures of the nozzle install into the CM meth elbow and my ER charge pipe, I have included a logging comparison of Map 5 (no meth) against Map 7 with meth. Both are done with 91 octane pump gas. Both data sets were collected from a single uphill third gear pull on the noted maps. BTW, the timing curve for map 7 is usually 1-2 degrees stronger than this example, but I wanted to show data from the same day, same conditions.

Stock IC, tune, ER charge pipe, and CMGS progressive meth at 600 ml/min max (8.5-15 psi). The differences are evident from the IAT, timing data, and the quickest and fastest 1/8 mile I've run in San Diego. Using the nozzles and less meth flow than my old setup, I was able to consistently run 1-2 mph faster and broke into the sevens for the first time. BTW, the slip I show below was with 100 octane, meth, and Map 9 (16 psi max). :burnrubber::happy

If there are any questions, please feel free to ask and yes, I am very happy with the new nozzles.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    By the way, here is a pic of these new nozzles:

Click here to enlarge

Terry just a got a big batch in so if you are interested go ahead and order them from BMS.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS
    Just got a new batch of the CM "super atomizing" nozzles in stock. We have sizes M7 and M5. Normal price on them is $29.99 + $10 shipping but we'll do free shipping for anyone who bought a CM kit from us. It's a nice little upgrade to the basic nozzles that come with the CM kits.

They are not on the site yet so just paypal to bms.order@gmail.com if you want one. Be sure to include your ship-too address and specify size. If inside CA add 8.25% sales tax.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice info.... i run DO and CM nozzles together.... I am ordering two new CM nozzles. I was thinking (2) #5's as I have a dual nozzles set up but I saw a thread on n54 that had a guy put in a #5 and #7 which should be too much for street applications but had a control to turn on nozzle on and off and even part of the way on..... I was thinking #7 for daily use and adding #3 for log's and stuff but it looks like CM doesn't have a new # 3 just yet.

So 2 # 5's #5 and #7 or maybe a # 7 and old # 3 or #5 that I have laying around???

I am pushing about 420 now with the DO#7 and Cm#3 that I currently run..... I am not looking for more performance per say.... just maybe use less meth with similar results and less drops of fluid going to the motor and more fog.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mobilefitt Click here to enlarge
    Nice info.... i run DO and CM nozzles together.... I am ordering two new CM nozzles. I was thinking (2) #5's as I have a dual nozzles set up but I saw a thread on n54 that had a guy put in a #5 and #7 which should be too much for street applications but had a control to turn on nozzle on and off and even part of the way on..... I was thinking #7 for daily use and adding #3 for log's and stuff but it looks like CM doesn't have a new # 3 just yet.

So 2 # 5's #5 and #7 or maybe a # 7 and old # 3 or #5 that I have laying around???

I am pushing about 420 now with the DO#7 and Cm#3 that I currently run..... I am not looking for more performance per say.... just maybe use less meth with similar results and less drops of fluid going to the motor and more fog.
    Why are you running the CM and DO nozzles together? Should it not be one or the other?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast