Thread: E92 M3 ESS VT3-725 Supercharger vs. C63 Weistec Stage 2 Supercharger

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by _AMG_ Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    125 less HP?
    How much power is Drew putting down?
    C63 Guy posted that Drew's car is 644 rwhp, and his C63 is 608 rwhp, same dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How I hope Drew will grow a pair and run me. I can't wait to slap him around.

Can't wait to get the car... almost there.

If it's that quick with that tiny little blower it's going to be a beast with a real SC.
    Does your car have the Gintani L/C stage 3 motor?
    That would be an interesting race.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the info.
    Don't know why LostMarine is stating the M3 is making 125 less hp yet its faster.
    Doesn't make much sense. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    AMG they hate drew here so be prepared for the assault!

Nice runs to drew and josh! Josh's Has the sickest c63 I've seen.
    Current:
    13 E92 M3 ZCP
    - WSIR 1:33:9 / BW C13 2:03:5 / ACS 1:56:7
    (Stock besides wheels/tires - Rs3)
    WSIR 1:32:8 / BW C13 1:59:2 / ACS 1:55:1
    (KW ClubSport 3 way / Rs3)
    WSIR 1:30:9 / BW C13 1:57:7
    (above plus Apr Wing)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1642 Post(s)

Does your car have the Gintani L/C stage 3 motor?
    That would be an interesting race.
    Yes and it won't be interesting.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1642 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    AMG they hate drew here so be prepared for the assault!

Nice runs to drew and josh! Josh's Has the sickest c63 I've seen.
    Difference between do not respect and hate.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes and it won't be interesting.
    Lol why?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Impressed... The Benz sounded like crap to me but thats just my opinion
    We stay swingin...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

I wonder if ESS increased the diameter of their XPipe to compensate for the greater power. I have yet to see that on a boosted E92.
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

^Wonder that too.....I'm also waiting on these headers that are supposed to be coming out....if there is power to be made with them they would probably be a good addition to a supercharged setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

125 less HP?
    How much power is Drew putting down?
    meant his 60-130 is is slower than a basic 600 kits

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    if thats true, then where is the dct vs manual/auto 10 mph advantage as well as weight difference advantage?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    ^Wonder that too.....I'm also waiting on these headers that are supposed to be coming out....if there is power to be made with them they would probably be a good addition to a supercharged setup.
    Are you referring to the "Motorsport 24" headers?
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge

if thats true, then where is the dct vs manual/auto 10 mph advantage as well as weight difference advantage?
    Weight advantage matters, but less as speeds increase. Stock DCT vs. built auto, not sure much difference there. I'd be more curious to know gear ratios/powerband info, to better understand where each vehicle's starting MPH sweet spot is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1642 Post(s)

Lol why?
    Because it will be too great of a power disparity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

That Benz has a twin screw with much more displacement. This means alot more TQ, real TQ not multiplied TQ lol. @EUGENE-Taiwan raced one of these stage 2 Weistec's with his Gintani stage 3 and lost quite bad, his videos are posted here. These AMG's are beast when get supercharged. Sure that C63 makes less power, but it has a far better low range and mid range than M3.

And whomever told you that 10 mph difference was just BS'ing you. DCT doesn't add power or something like that, and the difference between shifting speeds isn't that great to make 10 mph! Also this means that manual and auto shifting has equal speed, but this is BS as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Nice run, drew's car is definitley fast. Can't believe josh got the blower on his car. I remember him on the gintani dyno 3 years ago when he first got his wide body kit etc. Sickest car for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

i highly doubt any headers that are made for us will yield more power than the stock ones
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

tell one of them to come out this way....see how it stacks up against a 4200lb car with more hp and tq Click here to enlarge....we will see what a stock 6L90e tranny can do against a dct
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

In all reality there is no way DCT gives a 10mph advantage. THOUGH, I do think (and I know we disagree on this but were both entitled to our own opinions) that it is worth a couple MPH when going down the strip. Zim trapped 125 best on his setup with street tires and racegas etc. The only reason I hit 132 and run what I do is I make sure to go balls out kill mode every single time and leave absolutely nothing on the table (I put race gas in, make sure to mount my slicks), while others will head to the track without a drag setup. I guarantee if I went on street tires I would have been spinning so bad and only been able to hook in 3rd that my traps would have suffered pretty badly. Therefore, I think if the higher level 6 speed guys hit the track with a real set of slicks and race gas they way I do and Drew does then they would be able to trap around 125-127 consistently - therefore leaving about a 3-5mph difference between the DCT guys and 6 Speed guys.

Also, you can see the difference on the street as well. How is it that Zim and Izzy had their hands full with a stock Z06 and yet I am beating ZR1's with the very same kit? And how it is that Zim got beat really bad by ItalianStallions GTR with like two boltons and yet I can run with FBO E85 GTR's in kill mode? How is it that Danny's stock CTSV killed a 6-speed VT2-625 with sal driving and lost to me? I really do think a BIG difference is the DCT. I know you secretly feel the same way, which is why you made the right move and went with DCT too Click here to enlarge. Well probably be going back and forth about this until the end of time about this lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    i highly doubt any headers that are made for us will yield more power than the stock ones
    your probably right the stock ones are very well designed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

In all reality there is no way DCT gives a 10mph advantage. THOUGH, I do think (and I know we disagree on this but were both entitled to our own opinions) that it is worth a couple MPH when going down the strip. Zim trapped 125 best on his setup with street tires and racegas etc. The only reason I hit 132 and run what I do is I make sure to go balls out kill mode every single time and leave absolutely nothing on the table (I put race gas in, make sure to mount my slicks), while others will head to the track without a drag setup. I guarantee if I went on street tires I would have been spinning so bad and only been able to hook in 3rd that my traps would have suffered pretty badly. Therefore, I think if the higher level 6 speed guys hit the track with a real set of slicks and race gas they way I do and Drew does then they would be able to trap around 125-127 consistently - therefore leaving about a 3-5mph difference between the DCT guys and 6 Speed guys.

Also, you can see the difference on the street as well. How is it that Zim and Izzy had their hands full with a stock Z06 and yet I am beating ZR1's with the very same kit? And how it is that Zim got beat really bad by ItalianStallions GTR with like two boltons and yet I can run with FBO E85 GTR's in kill mode? How is it that Danny's stock CTSV killed a 6-speed VT2-625 with sal driving and lost to me? I really do think a BIG difference is the DCT. I know you secretly feel the same way, which is why you made the right move and went with DCT too Click here to enlarge. Well probably be going back and forth about this until the end of time about this lol.

I can tell you for sure running rickys VT625 and sals VT625 were 2 COMPLETELY different outcomes....that DCT does make a difference for sure. (just dont know exactly how much)
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Dct is only like a 2-4 mph advantage honestly.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

DCT FTR. End of story.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    And whomever told you that 10 mph difference was just BS'ing you. DCT doesn't add power or something like that, and the difference between shifting speeds isn't that great to make 10 mph! Also this means that manual and auto shifting has equal speed, but this is BS as well.
    I agree, but a certain crowd was very loud and vocal about the DCT advantage being worth 10mph when certain cars underperformed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

DCT is an advantage when the manual driver is below average. Ive tried to show this when i ran an equally modded m3, and against laloosh's manual car. i dont see any real-world actual mph advantage.

your car, given better traction, wouldnt do 132 again, i dont think, the 60' is a tricky thing.
    as for your highway runs, i honestly cant say for sure, your car is damn impressive in regard. have you run IMG's car yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

In regards to the above, LM on the 130+ traps I had I NEVER spun. My only issue was getting the car off the line and being able to go WOT in first gear because I knew I would spin. As you can see in the video, I babied the car off the line and then once in first (never spinning) I short shifted into second and STILL trapped 130+:

So your telling me that if I'm able to roll off the line exactly like I do in the vid and actually be able to go WOT in first without spinning my trap will decrease? Are you crazy? Cmon man, its common sense if I am able to do EXACTLY what I did in the video and dead hook in first instead of short shifting into second before boost kicks in my trap is going to undoubtedly increase. I think my car definitely has more in it in regards to trap speeds. I mean, I understand if it was spinning off the line and essentially got a head start, but I was rolling off the line on my best runs and short shifting to second and riding it out with dead traction - if anything the traps will increase if I start in first instead. Also, check the video of us at the track - on the run where I didnt spin much I trapped higher than the run where I spun (2mph difference). And on the runs where I trapped my best I didnt spin at all.

Izzy has to break in his motor, I've been busting his balls lately to run lol, once its broken In were going to get some good videos against one another
    Last edited by ERM324; 05-09-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast