Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    No, I wasn't being sarcastic. I haven't done any research, but I don't know why a matte paint job would be hard to clean. I don't see what would make it any different. You wouldn't have to worry as much about the swirl marks with a polished reflective metallic paint job, I'd think. Now, I could see how a matte vinyl wrap could be difficult to clean. That's something different.
    Here we go, I found the answer. BMW is requiring owners to sign a release due to the difficulties in taking care of the paint:

BMW is making the Frozen Gray M3 owners sign an agreement that they understand the care the “frozen” paint finish requires.

The agreement states that the warranty does not cover the matte paint if it is damage by the owner as a result of negligence, lack of maintenance or proper care, environmental damage or improper repairs.

Here is list of suggestions from BMW:

* Never polish or wax the frozen gray paint as it could lead to a glossy surface.
    * If washing your frozen gray M3 in a automatic car wash (you should be killed) choose a car wash that does not apply vehicle wax. Rinse the M3 with high pressure water to remove dirt before sending it through the automatic car wash to avoid scratches from sand, dust and other micro-particles.
    * Remove bugs, bird poo, tree sap, tar, fuel spills or oil immediately using a soft sponge.
    * Avoid strong rubbing while cleaning the frozen paint. BMW sells suitable products for maintaining the frozen paint at your local dealer.
    * Repairs to the paint (scratches, dents, etching) must be completed by a BMW trained body shop. Most auto body shop will not be capable of repairing the frozen gray paint.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Within fifteen minutes after going on sale, BMWNA announced that all units have been pre-ordered and sold out. Fast forward a few months later, and a Florida-based dealership surprisingly has one of those limited edition Frozen Gray M3s sitting in their lot. Vista BMW/MINI in Coconut Creek, FL has a Frozen Gray BMW M3 in its possession which it is now selling for $98,900, and their including the one day enrollment in the BMW Performance Driving School that was part of the original sales deal.
    $98,900? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    absurd. It will sit on the lot like the first GTRs that they tried to sell for 100k.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    absurd. It will sit on the lot like the first GTRs that they tried to sell for 100k.
    They are just looking for a sucker. You know, the guy who walks into the dealership unaware and they tell him what an amazing special edition M3 they have. Then 4 years later when he tried to trade it in and they offer him $25k for it he will go, wtf did I do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12