Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    that video makes GT5 look so much better than Forza.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    that video makes GT5 look so much better than Forza.
    I would have to agree. The car looks a lot better.

I love the cardboard people in each game. Forza does seem to have more realistic trees, but who looks at those going 180mph in a Zonda.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    After playing a lot of GT5 I've come to the conclusion that it's your typical Japanese game. Polyphony Digital thinks it knows better than the gamers who buy their games so they think it's ok for us to have to get to level 30 (or 40? I forget which but every level after 20 takes FOR $#@!ING EVER) before damage is enabled or before we're even allowed to manually adjust the gear ratios (before that you buy a "fully customizable transmission" for $20,000 and it only lets you set the top speed).

The biggest issue with this game, and this has been true of all GT games, is that they're nothing more than a chance for Japanese people to pretend like their cars aren't as $#@!ty as they really are. Not only are there way more Skylines and Civics than there be (52 Skylines and maybe 10 TOTAL BMWs) but the German and even American cars for the most part can't be tuned to the level the Asian cars can be. You can't, for example, supercharge an E92 M3 or turbocharge an E46 M3 even though it's commonly done in reality. Kaz Yamauchi even has two Ford GTs HIMSELF so he should know that they can be twin turbocharged but you can't do that in the game.

The best part of GT was always collecting the cars and tuning them to be absurdly fast but now you can't even make most cars as fast as they would be in real life, I spent a couple hundred thousand dollars on the engine of my Evo IX and it tops out around 500 horsepower....is this a sick joke?

With all of that said, I still love playing the game but it feels like playing a JRPG at times and it gets really frustrating. After a while you end up having to do the same race 20 or 30 times to get enough XP to level up and then you get to do a 4 hour endurance with a Miata...and then you have no where near enough XP to level again to unlock more races.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just ordered up a PS3 bundle. I will be picking this game up. Time for a change after 3 different Xbox 360 systems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Just ordered up a PS3 bundle. I will be picking this game up. Time for a change after 3 different Xbox 360 systems.
    WOW LOL red ring????
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Graphics are ofcourse better, but the environment and attention to detail is better in fm3.

To each their own...I might just pick up a ps3 as a blu ray player...so yeah. Might see how gt5 is compared to fm3...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345