Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

12 sec car sooooooo mad took the m6 to the track and best pass was a 12.18 at 122

Click here to enlarge

Have yet to do the clutch delay valve it might be my problem but for what ever reason car bogs at the top of first which it only does at the track and never on the street... it hooks and never bogs on the street
    .... the car has 11.50s in it all day with the proper launch it was cutting 2.2 60' times

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Get rid of the CDV and you'll bring that 60' down. I had troubles launching the 545i. With the CDV, my best ever 60' was a 2.3. I only ran that once though. I couldn't get the 545i to break 13s because of the 60' time.
    Click here to enlarge
    Bimmers + Chipotle + Beautiful Women = Life is Good

Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not f*cking your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

nice trap? 6spd i assume with full bolt ons if its trapping 120+

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    http://www.germanboost.com/images/im...377164_9-1.jpg

Have yet to do the clutch delay valve it might be my problem but for what ever reason car bogs at the top of first which it only does at the track and never on the street... it hooks and never bogs on the street
    .... the car has 11.50s in it all day with the proper launch it was cutting 2.2 60' times
    Question about this... I have a similar issue with my M (S65) - at the top of 1st gear, there is some hesitation (not sure what else to call it) - it's almost as if the car has a lack of fuel, air or spark - narrows it down pretty well, right? Click here to enlarge

Can you explain what you mean when you say bog - meaning, does it seem like it's not pulling/pausing for brief moments at the top of the operating range in first? This has started to happen to my car - and it's only when it's hot - meaning, I can get a few pulls out of it before it starts to happen. Traction control is completely defeated - and it's definitely not wheel-spin. Curious if you and I have the same or similar issue? I know the engine's are basically just 2 cylinders apart - am hoping to get this issue taken care of as it's driving me nuts.

Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Question about this... I have a similar issue with my M (S65) - at the top of 1st gear, there is some hesitation (not sure what else to call it) - it's almost as if the car has a lack of fuel, air or spark - narrows it down pretty well, right? Click here to enlarge

Can you explain what you mean when you say bog - meaning, does it seem like it's not pulling/pausing for brief moments at the top of the operating range in first? This has started to happen to my car - and it's only when it's hot - meaning, I can get a few pulls out of it before it starts to happen. Traction control is completely defeated - and it's definitely not wheel-spin. Curious if you and I have the same or similar issue? I know the engine's are basically just 2 cylinders apart - am hoping to get this issue taken care of as it's driving me nuts.

Thanks.
    yeah its sorta like that i dont know if its the tires dead hooking on the track and it bogging the motor or what? The car never does it on the street.... Its a six speed and the mods are as follows. agency power headers rpi scoops evolve tune evo sport pulleys afe cold air intake uuc short throw shifter. and RPI full exhaust. MT 19 inch drag radials 305/40

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge

Thanks.
    how high in the rpm band?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    how high in the rpm band?
    Seems to be happening above 5500ish - I really should take a video, as it's really hard to explain, but am pretty sure what is happening with his car is the same thing that I am going through with mine... Once the car is finally diagnosed (currently in the shop for a new plenum - they think it's leaking) - I will take some video (I highly doubt the plenum will fix it)... I have dug up as much info as I can, and there seems to be a few people having this issue - but there isn't much good data to go of off...

I will keep you guys posted - hopefully they say it's a bad coil/filter/etc. - it's very frustrating to say the least.

Cheers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Very kool
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Slip?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

yes ill upload them soon

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

yes ill upload them soon
    Ok, waiting...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

only see 121, not 122, great none-the-less

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Thanks for posting the slips, 121 is solid. Obviously with better 60 foots you are in the 11's, fairly deep too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    only see 121, not 122, great none-the-less
    It was an 12.90 on the 122 run.... my bad.... this is the slowest car i've ever ran at the track lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Nice trap, lame ET.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Nice trap, lame ET.
    Kind of messed up to say, they are not easy to get off the line.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Kind of messed up to say, they are not easy to get off the line.
    Yes. SMG M6's don't like launching from a dig, it's an MT so it's even worse. 122@12.9 is just weird lol.

@600whp S4 i feel for you bro. It must suck, specially after having AWD S4 and that crazy turbocharged Golf.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I forgot it was manual, no SMG excuses here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes. SMG M6's don't like launching from a dig, it's an MT so it's even worse. 122@12.9 is just weird lol.

@600whp S4 i feel for you bro. It must suck, specially after having AWD S4 and that crazy turbocharged Golf.

im just use to the g8 which is launch off the converter at 4psi of boost and run low 11s spinning down the track lol....

clutch delay valve comes in today off a 335 so hopefully they are the same and i will be heading back to the track also ordered a 100 shot for the car i would like to beat awd motor sports world record m5 run....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

In for the 11 second pass. People don't forget there's not much sidewall flex on a 19" tire. Makes it really tricky to get that 60ft down
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Wait a minute, you have the fastest M6, right? You outtraped Msizzle by 3 mph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Wait a minute, you have the fastest M6, right? You outtraped Msizzle by 3 mph.

I will beat mfizzle time aswell. clutch just took a $#@! in the car.. Just ordered the light weight aluminum fly wheel and the spec twin disc clutch..... it comes with a new slave cylinder... $#@! it better for $2400

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    car is going to FMU and getting a velocity stack set-up with the direct port 150 boy~~(150shot of n2o)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

car is going to FMU and getting a velocity stack set-up with the direct port 150 boy~~(150shot of n2o)
    Dude!!!! $#@!ing awesome, that is exactly what I would do. 10 second capable with a 150 direct port.

Document the build for us...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast