Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, just so we are all on the same page, these turbos use dual ceramic ball bearings, and the oil change interval should be shorter due to no water cooling which leads to faster breakdown of the oil?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abid@ASR Click here to enlarge
    Actually, yes standing 1 mile runs do tell quite a bit more about the vehicles potential over 1/4 mile runs. Ask anyone else in the industry who's educated enough on the subject to know the difference, and that's the same answer you'll get time and time again. 1/4 mile figures are great, but have way too many variables involved to put so much emphasis on just that 1 method of testing. A 400hp Mustang with a 9" rear is capable of 10 second passes at 115mph with DR's. Does that make it a fast street car? How well will that car do on the street against a high 11 second car that does 125+ mph? Just because you may think that you and others on the forums are more familiar with your form of testing, doesn't make it a superior form of testing. 1 mile runs put an abundantly high amont of load and stress on the engine, really putting its reliablity and hp to the test. Do you even know how important the first 1/2 mile is and how much speed you have to pick up to be able to hit 180mph at the back half? This is a subject you're obviously not very familiar with. Apparently all our dyno sheets, standing 1 mile results, head to head race videos with 10 second 132mph cars, is not enough to prove our product and it's potential. Lets not forget the cars we repeatedly beat in the standing mile Porsche Carrera GT, Heffner TT Audi R8, Saleen S7 just to name a few. If those results are not enough to prove to you what this product is capable of, than you should do your homework on the subject matter before passing judgement and making claims based on pompous digital stopwatch methods. Yeah, that's a form of testing we're all familiar with, right?
    ok, so i guess you just don't want to make money then, i forgot your in business for other reasons, i mean, ill say it again, the way to show what you can do would be to excell at the usual ways to compare cars. oh yes, i am well aware of a 115mph trap vs 125+mph. which is why im saying, why have you not done it yet?

so you raced what head to head? i did not see these..where are they?

your 550+hp dyno? yea, i believe that one alright, how $#@!in hard is it to go on the road and do a 60-130 run? i mean, you could always have used the standing mile that you are so proud of.. how $#@!in hard is to take one afternoon and head to a dragstrip, run the POS and report back..

your avoiding the USUAL comparisons because you have nothing new to show. Your hiding it and avoiding, we all know it. so don't even bother to reply unless you are gonna post inofrmation, i mean your character is already compromised since you already said that you have "sold many of these to a car club here in cali that requests not to be named since its illegal in their car class"

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
    If only this thread were NWS...
    your just dying to post NWS wherever you can HUH Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Well...

I like boobies.
    I love boobies! + 100000000000000000000000000
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ok, so i guess you just don't want to make money then, i forgot your in business for other reasons, i mean, ill say it again, the way to show what you can do would be to excell at the usual ways to compare cars. oh yes, i am well aware of a 115mph trap vs 125+mph. which is why im saying, why have you not done it yet?

your 550+hp dyno? yea, i believe that one alright...
    lol, you must have some vendetta against ASR Click here to enlarge or you're just playing devil's advocate... the videos have been posted countless times, im very surprised you have no recollection of any of it. its been posted on m5board, e90 and even here lostmarine! here's the link: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...vs-ASR-R35-GTR

as for the dyno, that too has been posted too much already. the dynos also can be found in multiple threads here. i too will post a dyno when i have the turbos myself so i dont need to search for that one for you Click here to enlarge

oh and last but not least, the strip numbers you want. afaik, asr's best numbers at the 1/4th are 11.6 @ 126? maybe 128? i dont remember perfectly. also the 1 was using street tires/HRE rims and does not have a proper LSD, i also dont have a slip for you because im not ASR sorry, but i think abid said the short time was over 2 seconds, which tells you how much he caught up on the mid to back half.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    So, just so we are all on the same page, these turbos use dual ceramic ball bearings, and the oil change interval should be shorter due to no water cooling which leads to faster breakdown of the oil?
    That's not how it works. Oil change intervals are not shorter and there is no oil breakdown to be concerned about, unless you're using a cheap non-synthetic conventional oil. Most fully synthetic oils such as mobil and castrol are sufficient enough to support this application for up to 5k oil changes. Although, we use Total/ELF fully synthetic race oil on all of our BMW and Porsche applications. This oil is a group 5 rated oil, whereas mobil and castrol are group 3 which makes a huge difference when you're talking about thermal breakdown point. If anyone plans on having performance mods installed on their cars and they're not doing fully synthetic oil changes every 5k miles, they shouldn't be doing performance mods to begin with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abid@ASR Click here to enlarge
    That's not how it works. Oil change intervals are not shorter and there is no oil breakdown to be concerned about, unless you're using a cheap non-synthetic conventional oil. Most fully synthetic oils such as mobil and castrol are sufficient enough to support this application for up to 5k oil changes. Although, we use Total/ELF fully synthetic race oil on all of our BMW and Porsche applications. This oil is a group 5 rated oil, whereas mobil and castrol are group 3 which makes a huge difference when you're talking about thermal breakdown point. If anyone plans on having performance mods installed on their cars and they're not doing fully synthetic oil changes every 5k miles, they shouldn't be doing performance mods to begin with.
    Ok, just wanted to clear that up, because a rep from Precision Turbo said that air cooled setups are ok for racing because you change your oil a lot anyway, and he did say around 5,000 miles would be a good idea, with high quality synthetic of course.

Your turbo upgrade is dual ceramic ball bearing, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

your 550+hp dyno? yea, i believe that one alright, how $#@!in hard is it to go on the road and do a 60-130 run? i mean, you could always have used the standing mile that you are so proud of.. how $#@!in hard is to take one afternoon and head to a dragstrip, run the POS and report back..

your avoiding the USUAL comparisons because you have nothing new to show. Your hiding it and avoiding, we all know it. so don't even bother to reply unless you are gonna post inofrmation, i mean your character is already compromised since you already said that you have "sold many of these to a car club here in cali that requests not to be named since its illegal in their car class"
    How mature of you to resort to childish fowl mouthed name calling to get your point across. How old are you again exactly? Before trolling a thread you should do your homework and that way you won't get caught looking so foolish and infantile all the time.

First off, who said we never ran the 1/4 mile our 135i? The only person making these bogus claims and rumors is YOU! We ran the car in the 1/4 this past March, but since we didn't have an LSD it was pointless for us to put DR's or Hoosiers on. So, instead we went to the track to see what kind of mph the car would trap in street boost form. Race gas boost was pointless to run due to heavy wheel spin without an LSD and DR's or Hoosiers. The result 11.68 @ 126.93 @ 18psi with a short time of 1.959. This run was done on meth/pump 93 on 19" HRE's and Nitto Invos. It was our choice not to post 1/4 mile results until we had an LSD, Hoosiers, and Race Gas to run with. This way there would be no excuses. Take a look at the slip below which negates your first bogus claim.

Secondly, oddjob2021 has already replied to yet another one of your bogus claims in regards to no heads up racing videos. Just because you don't know how to use the search function on several different bmw forums, doesn't give you the right to bash a vendors reputation with lies and rumors.

Thirdly, our 538whp/530wtq dyno sheet also all over every BMW forum just like oddjob2021 stated. Oh that's right, you think that's fake too right? Are the standing mile numbers fake too that support the hp necassary to reach 180mph with our POS?

Fourthly, who said the bmw race teams we sold product to were in California? Again, YOU spreading rumors and lies! Let's not get into a discussion of character when I've proved everything you've said to be rumors. lies, and conjecture coming from your mouth. You should really quit while you still have a leg to stand on. Trying to refute this information I've posted will only make you look more asinine and foolish. If that's your goal then be my guest!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so this all one car?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    so this all one car?
    shah, im guessing you're asking if all the data and information in this thread is related to one car? if so, yes that is the case my friend. the videos of races, the mile numbers, the dynos, the videos i have in my OP, and the strip numbers all belong to the ASR 135i. however, in the old race videos that i linked up above, the procede hadn't released v4 yet, so it was running a custom v3 file. the dyno also is from v3 logic.
    Last edited by oddjob2021; 06-18-2010 at 02:37 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Thank you Oddjob, i honestly did not see those videos. i will watch them now.

if your talking about the back half though, he gained 29mph, thats not hard to do, so it hold no weight to me

so Abid, who cares how old i am? that holds no weight in the conversation, i say $#@! when i get mad at retards that don't do what they are supposed to do..

But now you are showing what im asking for, so there you go, 1 1/4 mile run, thank you, i did not see that either.
    you gained 1 mph over the "fastest no nos run" thats pretty good i admit. but aren't you already 200# lighter than a 335 since your in a 135? im betting you have all the weight reduction as well, sooo...
    don't use the LSD comment though, its irrelevent. Lsd or no lsd you can run DR's and i can say more on that but it pointless to even keep commenting since i don't think you understand what im saying.

yes i don't believe your dyno at all.

also, i may have been wrong on the california part, but:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

if your talking about the back half though, he gained 29mph, thats not hard to do, so it hold no weight to me

so Abid, who cares how old i am? that holds no weight in the conversation, i say $#@! when i get mad at retards that don't do what they are supposed to do..

But now you are showing what im asking for, so there you go, 1 1/4 mile run, thank you, i did not see that either.
    you gained 1 mph over the "fastest no nos run" thats pretty good i admit. but aren't you already 200# lighter than a 335 since your in a 135? im betting you have all the weight reduction as well, sooo...
    don't use the LSD comment though, its irrelevent. Lsd or no lsd you can run DR's and i can say more on that but it pointless to even keep commenting since i don't think you understand what im saying.

To be quite honest, no one cares that the data and proof hold no weight for you. Who are you for us to prove anything else to anyway? Certainly no authority on the subject, or even a person of importance for that matter.

You're just not man enough to give credit where credit is due and know when you're wrong and beaten. First you say we have no 1/4 mile figures that show how fast the car is capable of going, then you get shot down with a proven timeslip that was done with less hp than our max figures. Now you resort to your idiotic assumptions again about how that couldn't be true unless we gutted the car out. I wouldn't keep betting if I were you, because you've been wrong 100% of the time. Apparently you don't learn from all your previous errors, yet you have the audacity to call others retards. The car was in full street trim with full interior and it is a manual not an A/T. Your lack of education and knowledge on the subject shines through with your pitiful statements. Do you have any idea how much of a difference there is between A/T N54's and Manual N54's in the 1/4? Go do your homework!

Myself and everyone else here could care less if you don't want to believe the dyno sheets. The fact still remains that you have no choice but to believe it since mathematically the dyno figures add up to the Standing 1 mile results, heads up racing results, 1/4 mile results, etc. Why don't you prove to everyone else here how fake our dyno numbers are by posting factual data of any 335i/135i making under 500whp running against high 10 second GTR's and Porsches with similar results as ours. Better yet, why don't you post dynos and videos of any 180mph standing mile cars with less than 540whp. I'm sure we'd all love to see it!

The fact is you jumped on this thread trolling your way in, and all your lies and theories backfired on you with proven facts plain and simple. Go preach your shot down theories and lies to someone who cares, because quite frankly we're all tired of hearing it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Suggestion: Ignore the troll.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    shah, im guessing you're asking if all the data and information in this thread is related to one car? if so, yes that is the case my friend. the videos of races, the mile numbers, the dynos, the videos i have in my OP, and the strip numbers all belong to the ASR 135i. however, in the old race videos that i linked up above, the procede hadn't released v4 yet, so it was running a custom v3 file. the dyno also is from v3 logic.
    obbjob, thank you for answering my question. i was asking if all this info is from one car.

Abid, sell your kit and make those numbers constantly with other cars. This will make people shut up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

He gave you what you wanted and answered the questions. The speed picked up on the back half without nitrous is pretty impressive. Seems he is getting gains similar to the guys with nitrous and that doesn't impress you?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

beaten on what? he finally showed a 1/4 slip after years only when provoked by a so-called "troll" as described by dirty lying little $#@!?

please, who cares what i say? your right, probably noone, but i can gurantee noone but "randomtask" is buying your crap with no proof, so who am i? just another non-customer i guess..At or mT, i didn't say either one, so i dunno where you pulled that from, since i didn't say it, but you seem quick to point out other erros, but not your own.. I have a hard time believeing that your 135 "race" car was in "full street trim" im not a genius but isn't that an oxymoron?

and while we are at it, so you had video's of asr car vs asr cars driven by asr friend/workers... to show how "powerful" the "new" asr 135 is.. gee.. do i need to filll in the blanks or what?

where was i beaten sticky? your the first one in line to ask for a 60-130 run becasue thats how the "big dogs" compare power.. 1/4 runs are about traction.. and no, 29mph in the back half DOES NOT impress anyone, i can do it on 16 psi while dialing in the car with a new setup.

hey Shiv.. why didn't you call me up when you came to pick up the new N55. i would still love to enjoy a conversation within you in person Click here to enlarge

on a side note. i actually did not see those video's and thanked oddjob for linking them.

forgive me for not believe everything someone trying to sell me their product, at face value. i just want info and find it strange that people withold it for no reason..

and lastly, i guess we can oversee the fact that you are willing to help others cheat.. so your morals are clearly compromised, but we can ignore that part.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ You are getting a bit too offensive when he is sharing info. He doesn't owe anyone anything but he has posted a lot of good, unique info here.

Yes, 60-130 is how the big dogs compare power. 1/4 mile doesn't show traction, ET does, the trap doesn't (usually).

You can get 29 mph on the back half on the stock turbos you are saying? Without nitrous, is that right?

You are saying I'm helping someone cheat here or are you talking to shiv?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ^ You are getting a bit too offensive when he is sharing info. He doesn't owe anyone anything but he has posted a lot of good, unique info here.

Yes, 60-130 is how the big dogs compare power. 1/4 mile doesn't show traction, ET does, the trap doesn't (usually).

You can get 29 mph on the back half on the stock turbos you are saying? Without nitrous, is that right?

You are saying I'm helping someone cheat here or are you talking to shiv?

you are correct, I am a bit edgy, lots of things going on, for that i do apologize.

He is posting info, and thats what i am really after, if the turbo's are as good as claimed, then it should show. i don't like the fact that i have to provoke to get info released.

29 mph on the back end is part of bench racing, which im always up for as its much more cost effective.

not you sticky, the person i speak of knows who they are Click here to enlarge

**edit** is it me or did the timeslip suddenly dissapear? funny Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by LostMarine; 06-19-2010 at 02:15 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    **edit** is it me or did the timeslip suddenly dissapear? funny Click here to enlarge
    what are you talking about?? the time slip is their
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    He just needed to refresh Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    Sticky is right, i never came back and edited.. sorry for that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you are correct, I am a bit edgy, lots of things going on, for that i do apologize.

He is posting info, and thats what i am really after, if the turbo's are as good as claimed, then it should show. i don't like the fact that i have to provoke to get info released.

29 mph on the back end is part of bench racing, which im always up for as its much more cost effective.

not you sticky, the person i speak of knows who they are Click here to enlarge

We release information when we are good and ready. What benefit would it be to us if we posted this 1/4 mile information earlier, when it's doesn't reflect the vehicles full capability on race gas with a lsd and slicks? All it that does is further prove my point about people like yourself trying to use that information to further push whatever agenda it is you have against ASR.

So, you think the races we did against ASR built GTR's and Porsches with the owners of the vehicles driving are fixed? There you go again making up lies that someone else is driving the vehicles. Do you not realize that Porsche and GTR products reflect almost 45% of our clientel and that I personally own a GTR as well? You really arent that bright if you think I'm going to go out of my way to sabotage my ability to sell GTR and Porsche products , just to sell N54 Turbo upgrades. Both the GTR and the 997TT we raced were built by us and are both high 10 second cars that trap an average of 132mph. I guess you could tell by watching the videos that we were only running the GTR and Porsche at partial throttle to fix the race right?

Like I said before, haters like you are just not man enough to accept the fact that a product like ours actually does what it says it can do. Furthermore, you have no logical answer to the question I've posed to you several times about how it would be possible for us to run 180mph trap speeds in the standing mile without 540whp. You have yet to show even 1 vehicle that makes less than 500whp and has run 180mph in the standing mile. Lets not even get into this crap about you betting that the car was gutted out, when there are videos and numerous amount of spectators that can show the car was in full street trim both at the 1/4 mile and 1 mile event. Not to mention the fact that even if it was gutted out, it's still not enough weight to come remotely close for what is needed to hit that mph. So, this just further proves that your logic makes no sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    good stuff ASR

ignore him, he's got either an agenda in this one or simply enjoys being a dick at times.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ignore all humans make power, and rape tires.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You guys are both right. Time to move on to more productive discussions!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sniz Click here to enlarge
    good stuff ASR

ignore him, he's got either an agenda in this one or simply enjoys being a dick at times.
    no agenda other than getting info. if they are as good as "advertised" is should speak for itself.

and yes, i do enjoy being a dick Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast