Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Santorum quits, so Romney it is?

Santorum quits, not that he ever had a chance: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/s...GVzdAM-;_ylv=3

So Paul and Gingrich remain but neither have a shot. I hate to say it but Romney vs. Obama and Obama has a pretty damn good chance of getting re-elected. Ugh, the American people are $#@!ing stupid.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think Romney has a better shot of pulling in the people that kind of fell off the Obama-train over the past 4 years. He's not as much of a right-wing nut-job as Santorum is. I consider myself a right-winger, but a little more neutral. Santorum would definitely have driven away those voters who were on the fence. I think a Romney/Paul card would be about unstoppable, but I don't see that happening

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I just pray to God, that the Obamanation does NOT get to stay.

GO GOP!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'm more right sided but I thought santorum was mentally retarded when I heard him speak. I think Obama stinks, and unfortunately this elections republicans are all idiots.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

It's going to be fun to watch Obama DESTROY Romney and expose him for the blundering fool that he really is.
    It's amazing how out of touch with reality the Republicans are. My prediction is that Obama will serve his second term and be replaced by Chris Christie in 2016.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I'm more right sided but I thought santorum was mentally retarded when I heard him speak. I think Obama stinks, and unfortunately this elections republicans are all idiots.
    +1

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    It's going to be fun to watch Obama DESTROY Romney and expose him for the blundering fool that he really is.
    It's amazing how out of touch with reality the Republicans are. My prediction is that Obama will serve his second term and be replaced by Chris Christie in 2016.
    -1 lol

Romney has some financial sense about him. His issue viewpoints notwithstanding, America is in dire need of a CEO more than a President. IE: FDR

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

There is absolutely no surprise here at all. Guy who is backed by and fights for big corporations to screw the average American gets the nomination. Money talks bull$#@! walks. Obama will be easily reelected here and do more damage for the next 4 years.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    There is absolutely no surprise here at all. Guy who is backed by and fights for big corporations to screw the average American gets the nomination. Money talks bull$#@! walks. Obama will be easily reelected here and do more damage for the next 4 years.
    It's called politics for a reason. The people want to hear how the candidate will help them out, but so do the corporations. And guess who has the money?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Framework has been laid, once in a2nd term, it's no hold barred on civil liberties.. Prep for more "change".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Framework has been laid, once in a2nd term, it's no hold barred on civil liberties.. Prep for more "change".
    I really do pray that you are wrong my friend. If for nothing else, my kids future.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Well, even though Ron Paul is my candidate of choice, I can't vote for romney if he ends up being the GOP candidate... Even if it means we don't replace Obama... Really sucks that a man of change can't really be the candidate... As they say, money talks, and it's pretty much spoken who they want to represent them... Looks like another 4 years of Obama... Unless Dr. Paul goes third party...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

If I can't vote Ron Paul then I don't even care. The other guys are a joke. More bull$#@! to hide the plan behind. Ron Paul likes to roast them in public, and doesn't care if he is going to go against the majority view. Or the media perceived majority view...

I just hope he doesn't get assassinated.

Must be nice to be the Federal Reserve. Print your own form of currency and send it out as you see fit, while billions of other people work their entire lives to try and make more than $50,000 a year, which means less and less every year. Inflation and Cost of Living adjustments have made the penny obsolete, and make a nice illusion of having value. Click here to enlarge

Hence the constantly rising value of things that are actually precious....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I thought we were gonna see a better showing from the GOP this time around after the McCain / Palin combo of 4 years ago... but somehow they have managed to field an entire team of people whom I doubt will be able to beat Obama. I don't really care because I don't mind Obama, but I definitely wouldn't have been against a good GOP candidate. Unfortunately, I really haven't fallen for any of them. Ugh.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It is going to be a closer election than some of you think. America is more split that it has ever been, Obama has had a very polarizing effect on the country. It will be interesting to see Obama defend his first 4 years in debates, I guess he will just continue to blame everything on Bush. Obama should squeak out a victory. Republicans need to keep control of house, maybe also gain majority in senate. The country has always done best when both parties have some control, checks and balances.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    Well, even though Ron Paul is my candidate of choice, I can't vote for romney if he ends up being the GOP candidate... Even if it means we don't replace Obama... Really sucks that a man of change can't really be the candidate... As they say, money talks, and it's pretty much spoken who they want to represent them... Looks like another 4 years of Obama... Unless Dr. Paul goes third party...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    If I can't vote Ron Paul then I don't even care. The other guys are a joke. More bull$#@! to hide the plan behind. Ron Paul likes to roast them in public, and doesn't care if he is going to go against the majority view. Or the media perceived majority view...

I just hope he doesn't get assassinated.

Must be nice to be the Federal Reserve. Print your own form of currency and send it out as you see fit, while billions of other people work their entire lives to try and make more than $50,000 a year, which means less and less every year. Inflation and Cost of Living adjustments have made the penny obsolete, and make a nice illusion of having value. Click here to enlarge

Hence the constantly rising value of things that are actually precious....
    Yea its done. I'll never vote for Romney. As a matter of fact I would rather vote for Obama, but I will not vote for any of them. I will most likely pen in Ron Paul.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

How do u write someone in if its electronic?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

How do u write someone in if its electronic?
    You can't, but here is something interesting. http://dougwead.wordpress.com/2012/0...ey-in-a-panic/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

These threads always interest me when folks say Obama is horrible and I always ask myself why is that. The GOP has said no to more things than have said yes to. In more than a few cases things that they would be willing to compromise on or would benefit their base. A party cant govern by saying no or not compromising. Historically the controlling party makes it hard on the President when they are not the same party.

So Romney is the GOP's best choice, that doesnt concern anyone at all. He's robotic and no where near sincere, not to mention his interesting variations on his views. My question is of you are really a GOP member/voter does Romney really ring your bell. I cant believe that he does at all....

No POTUS is perfect IMO, however Obama in my view has not hurt the US. IMO the GOP has done more damage by not allowing things to move forward and forcing POTUS to use various executive powers to get things done. These parties need to grasp the concept of compromise since we rarely get everything we want, how we want and when we want. Now I wont say I dig Obama but I also wont say I dig Romney but if I am picking the lesser of the two evils. I will take the devil I already know in Obama over Romney all day long.

Romney wants to buy an election, he wants to do what his father couldnt do and he will do or say anything to get elected. That whole etch a sketch comment while funny and a great news maker is somewhat true. I expect he will move back to his views or views of the moment in the coming months. It will be interesting to watch. If the American public elected Bush for two terms knowing how bad he was then how does Obama loose?
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    These threads always interest me when folks say Obama is horrible and I always ask myself why is that. The GOP has said no to more things than have said yes to. In more than a few cases things that they would be willing to compromise on or would benefit their base. A party cant govern by saying no or not compromising. Historically the controlling party makes it hard on the President when they are not the same party.

So Romney is the GOP's best choice, that doesnt concern anyone at all. He's robotic and no where near sincere, not to mention his interesting variations on his views. My question is of you are really a GOP member/voter does Romney really ring your bell. I cant believe that he does at all....

No POTUS is perfect IMO, however Obama in my view has not hurt the US. IMO the GOP has done more damage by not allowing things to move forward and forcing POTUS to use various executive powers to get things done. These parties need to grasp the concept of compromise since we rarely get everything we want, how we want and when we want. Now I wont say I dig Obama but I also wont say I dig Romney but if I am picking the lesser of the two evils. I will take the devil I already know in Obama over Romney all day long.

Romney wants to buy an election, he wants to do what his father couldnt do and he will do or say anything to get elected. That whole etch a sketch comment while funny and a great news maker is somewhat true. I expect he will move back to his views or views of the moment in the coming months. It will be interesting to watch. If the American public elected Bush for two terms knowing how bad he was then how does Obama loose?
    Obama is just as two faced as romney. The days of real leaders are over. When roosevelt, eisenhower and truman died it was gg america.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Not sure how old you are so how are... But my response in general is that when you lived in simpler times things were more simple. Those Presidents didnt face all of the things we have now its a rather difficult comparison IMO. I dont see Obama as being two faced I see him being locked out in some ways, forced to compromise on some and just stubborn on others. Interestingly I felt Bush was far worse and caused a great portion of the calamity we have now. Clinton holds some of the bag but left us financially sound IMO. To me people hold to much to one party and not enough to who best represents their current or future needs. I dont subscribe to the extremes of either party but hold some solid agreements on many issues with both sides. I vote based on who I think will get those views heard and executed. Not on the party itself. This election will be interesting with the amount spending being down to buy our votes. Romney for me is a no go, he's weak and doesnt fight at all. I dont want a CEO I want leader and he just doesnt cut it for me. Obama is battle tested (whether folks wish to acknowledge or not) He's not ideal but compared to Romney I cant how anyone chooses Romney. But thats what makes us great in the US you get a voice, an opinion and an opportunity to vote with it.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Those Presidents didnt face all of the things we have now its a rather difficult comparison IMO.
    Just things like the depression, World War I, World War II, the Cold War, Space Race, Mutually Assured Destruction, etc.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Just things like the depression, World War I, World War II, the Cold War, Space Race, Mutually Assured Destruction, etc.
    Versus the current President dealing with 2 wars and series of other conflicts, Terrorists, Internet Warfar, Aids, Chemical Warefare and massive natural disasters. Add in 24hr news cycles, extreme political views on all sides and a International Financial Crisis and yes I suppose the President is sitting around bored. If anyone can accurately show me how Obama created all of the current issues then I game to listen. Takes time to fix anything and frankly the thought that somehow McCain and Palin would somehow be doing better is laughable.

This can go round and round... I can only say that at the end of the if you are in the GOP column its hard to claim they have governed when most of their actions have been symbolic passages of bills they know wont go anywhere. Or when the party is severely splintered with the Tea Party crowd creating havoc and the GOP effectively saying no more than yes. Not mention not compromising on many things at all. I find it hard to believe that people really think thats all Obama's fault.

For the record I hold no political affiliation and have voted both ways on Presidents previously based on their views.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Versus the current President dealing with 2 wars and series of other conflicts, Terrorists, Internet Warfar, Aids, Chemical Warefare and massive natural disasters
    Those aren't wars that involve millions upon millions of deaths and atomic weapons. People argue those are needless wars and that much of the terrorist hype was created as en excuse for them.

World War's threatened our very existence, these don't. Sorry, I don't think Obama has it anywhere near as tough as say, oh, Lincoln for one. It's absurd to act like Obama is dealing with more trying times than what we have seen in history.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

@Sledgehammer
    im sorry, but please educate me on the things Obama has done correctly to help, not further cripple this country. i seriously cant think of one thing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@Sledgehammer
    im sorry, but please educate me on the things Obama has done correctly to help, not further cripple this country. i seriously cant think of one thing.
    +1. He lied to get elected, and extended the Patriot Act something he ran on getting rid of. A complete full faced liar like his cousins Bush, and Dick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast