Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation BMW issues recall for all 1-series sold between 2008 and 2010 for potential fire risk

BMW has instructed its dealers to hold delivery on 1 Series models produced between January 2010 and May 2010, based on dealer documents Consumer Reports has reviewed, until a recall can be performed. BMW advises the repairs can begin immediately on dealer inventory, suggesting a quick resolution. The recall also affects certain 2008-2011 model year 1 Series coupes and convertibles.

The affected vehicles have insufficient clearance between the seat belt tensioners in the B-pillar and the insulating material surrounding it. In the event of a crash, the insulation could become overheated and catch fire.

Owners will be notified to bring their vehicle to BMW dealers to fix the problem. Dealers will trim the insulating material around the seat belt retractors free of charge.

Owners with questions should contact BMW at 1-800-525-7417.

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/car...-1-series.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Thank you for posting this.

If you have a 1 series in that year range make the phone call, this is nothing to hold off on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'll be having this fixed pretty soon. I believe my cars falls into the category but I need to check my build date to be certain.