Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Again what track?

A turbo E46 M3 with less then 650whp traps 139mph. But we dont go around quoting it because the track inflates the numbers. All these high mph times we are seeing with E36's happen to be at great tracks.
    Vik,

The 137mph trap speed posted by the HPF Stage 2 car was ran at SRP in Spokane. The HPF owner himself has suggested their timing equipment was suspect and he confirmed that they have swapped out for all new timing equipment at the track since his runs on race+meth. The owner ran his car there TODAY on pump+meth (~50-80whp down compared to race+meth) and ran 11.63 @ 126mph as well as 2 other clean runs @ 11.7x.

I hope this clears up any confusion for anyone on how a GT35R E36 walks away from an HPF Stage 2 on pump+meth.

E46 is still nicer, newer, etc. No need to play defense. Click here to enlarge You've got your hands full with the 6speed boys and we all appreciate your efforts in getting VBOX #'s ASAP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DakarE36 Click here to enlarge
    Vik,

The 137mph trap speed posted by the HPF Stage 2 car was ran at SRP in Spokane. The HPF owner himself has suggested their timing equipment was suspect and he confirmed that they have swapped out for all new timing equipment at the track since his runs on race+meth. The owner ran his car there TODAY on pump+meth (~50-80whp down compared to race+meth) and ran 11.63 @ 126mph as well as 2 other clean runs @ 11.7x.

I hope this clears up any confusion for anyone on how a GT35R E36 walks away from an HPF Stage 2 on pump+meth.

E46 is still nicer, newer, etc. No need to play defense. Click here to enlarge You've got your hands full with the 6speed boys and we all appreciate your efforts in getting VBOX #'s ASAP.
    Interesting info Dakar. Thanks for sharing.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Vik,

There we go, finally we have our answer. There was simply no way a Stage 2 was trapping that fast and now this throws a wrench in the HPF fanboys operating procedure as they can no longer claim a Stage 2 traps 137 mph.

Any links, slip, or details to confirm the 126 mph run?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And the other answer,
    E36 body styles are more handsome and they'll always be faster.

I respect that opinion.
    Great Job!!
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    And the other answer,
    E36 body styles are more handsome and they'll always be faster.

I respect that opinion.
    Great Job!!
    I do its powerful, and true.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There we go, finally we have our answer. There was simply no way a Stage 2 was trapping that fast and now this throws a wrench in the HPF fanboys operating procedure as they can no longer claim a Stage 2 traps 137 mph.

Any links, slip, or details to confirm the 126 mph run?
    Sorry, it was from a private section on a local forum. Here is unedited post from Rob:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RoB
    Now that you're all excited.......I didn't run full power. I went out Friday night, and the damn techs remembered my car. I was hoping for 3 or 4 passes before they caught on, but they pretty much said I could only run if I let off at the end. Fortunately, I hadn't put race fuel in the car yet, so I just asked for a refund and went home. Today I said "screw it, lets see what the everyday street numbers look like". Pump gas and methanol got me a best of 11.63 @ 126mph. Actually a little better than I expected. Also ran a 11.76 and 11.77. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Sorry, it was from a private section on a local forum. Here is unedited post from Rob:
    I see, thank you for sharing this with us. Has he posted the slip at all or is there a reason he may choose not to put it in a public spot?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=775973

No way possible that a car trapping 126 is going to pick up 11-12 mph at the same track with an extra 50-70hp!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=775973

No way possible that a car trapping 126 is going to pick up 11-12 mph at the same track with an extra 50-70hp!!
    Of course not, impossible:

Click here to enlarge

In light of the recent info, I am removing his runs from the 1/4 mile list as they simply are not an accurate representation. Not his fault by any means.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, no offense to Rob, who I have heard is the nicest guy and who also helped pave the way for the rest of us HPF guys. Just something up with that track.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I always thought the CES stage 3 cars were rebuilt low compression motors.

Anyways, one can't complain with these times with a gt35r turbo.
    This is my signature... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

great numbers Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234