Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    ok ok this is getting off topic now. make a kill thread/ not so much of a kill thread in the proper section. we want to keep things mostly on topic here.
    I wish i had this manifold Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    I wish i had this manifold Click here to enlarge
    Buy an e36 order it from CES, and weep tears of joy for having the best manifold to have that will never crack unless you drop it from the Empire State building. Even then it may only have a small dent on it. 8-)
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

CES Motorsport Turbo Systems Info

Hello all! Thanks for the welcome and for the referral to your site. A little info about the system we are running is what was asked for, so here is some more background on what we offer.

The current setup on the car that ran the times yest. is our GT series turbo system which runs a GT35R with .82 exhaust housing, full 3" custom CES Exhaust system/intercooler piping, CES ported AA manifold and AA software. We market the same kit as a stg 1, 2, or 3 depending on what power level is wanted, using all of the same main components. Stg 1 runs on a stock compression motor, 42# injectors and makes about 360-380whp@9psi. Stg 2 is identical, but runs with a lower compression hg and makes 430-450whp@15psi. Stg 3 is recommended for built internals applications and is the current setup on the car that ran the track yest with the 50# inj tune and easily makes 500+whp@18psi. The stg 3 system uses a custom water/meth kit that really helps maintain consistency and power levels, and pushes the power levels up to over 530whp@18psi which is what our car was set at while at the track yest. We have gone to 20psi and pushed over 550whp, but the air/fuels are a bit on the unsafe side since the 50# injectors are pretty much at their limit witih the current map in the DME.

We will be doing a 60# map soon, and that will probably be the extent that we will push this system with the 35R and AA t3 manifold. I think we will see close to 600whp. We offer these systems as complete kits, as well as custom packages for those interested in upgrades to existing systems, and have tried to keep the pricing as competitive as possible considering what we use in our kits is a bit overkill Click here to enlarge

Our newest kits that are almost ready for market utilize the steedspeed manifolds (as seen in some of the pics in previous posts above), which offer tremendous flow and durability, and will be marketed with either the GT35R or Precision billet 62R series turbos... and the next level up will be the GT4094R (also in the pics above) or billet 6765R Precision turbos depending on what power levels a customer wants. We already have a couple of prototype kits on cars, and the performance gains are substantial over the AA cast manifold t3 setups in our current GT series kits. Even with the larger 4094R turbo using the steedspeed mani, the spool time is virtually identical to our 35R and AA manifold kits, so it still maintains incredible "streetability" but with much more power!

We will have tons more info on our new website, which is under constuction as we speak, but I will be glad to answer any more questions. I'm not a huge forum poster, but I will try to keep up replies as much as time permits Click here to enlarge

attached is a dyno graph of the car that ran the track which displays 2 runs. Straight 100octane, and then 100octane + meth. Our car was running 100octane + water/meth at the track. We have since tweaked the setting on the meth system to allow for a little better boost response and probably a bit more power, but 538whp was the last #'s the car put down.

Best Regards, The CES Motorsport Team

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cesmotorsport Click here to enlarge
    Hello all! Thanks for the welcome and for the referral to your site. A little info about the system we are running is what was asked for, so here is some more background on what we offer.

The current setup on the car that ran the times yest. is our GT series turbo system which runs a GT35R with .82 exhaust housing, full 3" custom CES Exhaust system/intercooler piping, CES ported AA manifold and AA software. We market the same kit as a stg 1, 2, or 3 depending on what power level is wanted, using all of the same main components. Stg 1 runs on a stock compression motor, 42# injectors and makes about 360-380whp@9psi. Stg 2 is identical, but runs with a lower compression hg and makes 430-450whp@15psi. Stg 3 is recommended for built internals applications and is the current setup on the car that ran the track yest with the 50# inj tune and easily makes 500+whp@18psi. The stg 3 system uses a custom water/meth kit that really helps maintain consistency and power levels, and pushes the power levels up to over 530whp@18psi which is what our car was set at while at the track yest. We have gone to 20psi and pushed over 550whp, but the air/fuels are a bit on the unsafe side since the 50# injectors are pretty much at their limit witih the current map in the DME.

We will be doing a 60# map soon, and that will probably be the extent that we will push this system with the 35R and AA t3 manifold. I think we will see close to 600whp. We offer these systems as complete kits, as well as custom packages for those interested in upgrades to existing systems, and have tried to keep the pricing as competitive as possible considering what we use in our kits is a bit overkill Click here to enlarge

Our newest kits that are almost ready for market utilize the steedspeed manifolds (as seen in some of the pics in previous posts above), which offer tremendous flow and durability, and will be marketed with either the GT35R or Precision billet 62R series turbos... and the next level up will be the GT4094R (also in the pics above) or billet 6765R Precision turbos depending on what power levels a customer wants. We already have a couple of prototype kits on cars, and the performance gains are substantial over the AA cast manifold t3 setups in our current GT series kits. Even with the larger 4094R turbo using the steedspeed mani, the spool time is virtually identical to our 35R and AA manifold kits, so it still maintains incredible "streetability" but with much more power!

We will have tons more info on our new website, which is under constuction as we speak, but I will be glad to answer any more questions. I'm not a huge forum poster, but I will try to keep up replies as much as time permits Click here to enlarge

attached is a dyno graph of the car that ran the track which displays 2 runs. Straight 100octane, and then 100octane + meth. Our car was running 100octane + water/meth at the track. We have since tweaked the setting on the meth system to allow for a little better boost response and probably a bit more power, but 538whp was the last #'s the car put down.

Best Regards, The CES Motorsport Team

Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting the info, and coming over to join BB where boost lives. I sent you over an email about the steedspeed manifold. If you have the time would you mind posting the sheets showing how the gt40 spools about the same as a 35r on the t3 AA manifold. The reasons to upgrade to the manifold keeping piling up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Yes yes I agree.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This thread delivers.. Now lets see piks of the actual mani???

What is the cost on 1 one of these badass puppies...?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

This thread delivers.. Now lets see piks of the actual mani???

What is the cost on 1 one of these badass puppies...?
    It sure does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was going to rep the "bestest" mani but
    "You may not vote on any more threads today"

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats exactly what I'am doing. I wanna see some dyno sheet with the steedspeed manifold badly. Its such an impressive manifold, and built like a tank(i think its about 25lbs).
    38 lbs actually.

These numbers are making sticky eat his words about the GT35r E36's.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tron Click here to enlarge
    38 lbs actually.
    Like i said 38lbs ;-). Its a tank and will not CRACKS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

steedspeed manifold info.

I have attached a couple pics of the manifold. It is the same design as the HPF manifold with the exception that it has a different flange designed to bolt to the e36 motor. It is a two piece design which helps quite a bit during installs. Can flow 1100whp. Click here to enlarge

As far as performance #'s go, we don't have any dyno comparisons to offer just yet, but we have just finished an s52 built motor car with our stg 3 system on it and have used a GT35R with a T4 flange and the steedspeed manifold. I have a vid of the car doing some test runs with the old 50#injector map on it using the AA manifold, so the car was only set at 12psi to keep things safe.

We are working with Active on doing a 60# tune optimized for this setup and will have more info to post when available. This tune will be available for obdI cars only however. OBDII tuning options are still in the works...

I know one customer that had a custom Active T4 manifold and Tec3 engine management who swapped to the steedspeed, and with no adjustments to the tune picked up at least 30-40whp by just changing out the manifold. ICS, please feel free to chime in on this since I believe this was a customer and you guys were tuning the car? I think the car since then has really picked up some great power!

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Best Regards,

The CES Motorsport Team
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by cesmotorsport; 06-11-2010 at 10:26 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge what do they cost?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

THat manifold is da sex.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow! CES thank you so much for finally sharing a big slab of information about your turbo systems (including dyno sheet)! This is really starting to look like the turbo system I dreamed about for the e36. The fact that you are focusing on stock DME tuning is just awesome (as I am obviously a big fan now). The ported AA manifold stats are schweet but I really want to see the stats on that Steedspeed manifold! When the dyno sheet is posted on that I'm gonna do back flips!
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

THat manifold is da sex.
    +1
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge what do they cost?
    1500 iirc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by highboostingm3 Click here to enlarge
    Wow! CES thank you so much for finally sharing a big slab of information about your turbo systems (including dyno sheet)! This is really starting to look like the turbo system I dreamed about for the e36. The fact that you are focusing on stock DME tuning is just awesome (as I am obviously a big fan now). The ported AA manifold stats are schweet but I really want to see the stats on that Steedspeed manifold! When the dyno sheet is posted on that I'm gonna do back flips!
    Plus 1 we really want to see what that raping manifold can do.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tron Click here to enlarge
    1500 iirc.
    Other manifolds cost about the same. BL, VOLK666(777 if i buy 1). They are big bucks, but also offer BIG flow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1500 is not bad if its the best ..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1500 is not bad if its the best ..
    I agree. BAmmm buy it, and start going to town raping everything on the road with awesome spool..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

U will weep when i buy it . . .
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

U will weep when i buy it . . .
    First get the e36, and add that then I will weep tears of joy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

First get the e36, and add that then I will weep tears of joy.
    That is very smart consulting..Taken in 2 consideration..
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That is very smart consulting..Taken in 2 consideration..
    DO ET NOTHING TO CONSIDER HERE

do it once the info is posted. do not buy things if humans say it flows better because it does once info is posted weep, and make the call to CES for the raping manifold.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sniz Click here to enlarge
    I would gaurantee wheel spin killed his 1/8mile speed..........probably couldnt go WOT until 3rd or even 4th.

that is very promising to me, thats around the power levels I want to end up at....if my car can trap 130mph I'll be very happy Click here to enlarge
    You are correct, that car is capable of 100 in the 1/8 based on the 60 foot and the speed he picked up on the back half.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast