Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Another VAC Quaife diff review

Just drove back from VAC with my new Quaife diff. I am blown away. I really wasn't sure what to expect but man this car accelerates so hard now it's amazing. If anyone is on the fence about whether or not to get this mod you really won't regret it.

Before the Quaife, the car would struggle for traction under wot, it felt un-natural, as if the car couldn't handle the extra power and the car was loose/ all over the place. After the Quaife.... the car just goes....HARD! The car is completely planted, totally different animal and now acts like it's supposed to have all this extra power over stock. It feels great in the turns as well but I didn't get a chance to really get at it on any curves.

I love this mod, it's essential for anyone that has stg2 power or upgraded turbos. The 335 really should have came from the factory like this. The guys at VAC are great, mike and chris were very nice and knowledgable. Their capabilities in that shop are extremely impressive. If I were ever going to do a engine build or serious build to this car or any BMW, I would call VAC. I'm very happy with that group buy and so glad I jumped on itClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Looks like you don't have any suspension mods, did you think about COs before this? I am debating in what order I am going to do those 2.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Thanks man, I appreciate the review. Nice meeting you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

I have eibach sport springs installed, otherwise stock suspension. I am doing coils in a couple months. I think the diff makes a bigger difference for traction...although I could be wrong. Ideally you should do both the coils and diff
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

@Mike@VAC did you snap any pics of the install? If so post them.... I meant to but forgot my camera
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Nah, diff installs are pretty boring - haha. Got this one tho Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Ha true...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Just drove back from VAC with my new Quaife diff. I am blown away. I really wasn't sure what to expect but man this car accelerates so hard now it's amazing. If anyone is on the fence about whether or not to get this mod you really won't regret it.... Click here to enlarge
    You finally got it done!! Congrats man... glad to hear you're loving the Diff... I'm flying back into NJ tomorrow and can't wait to get back in the car and play with the diff.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ATP Click here to enlarge
    Looks like you don't have any suspension mods, did you think about COs before this? I am debating in what order I am going to do those 2.
    If you're looking for traction, I would suggest Diff > CO. The biggest advantage to coilovers, in my opinion, is corner balancing... then the ability to adjust stiffness / damper / etc for specific track use. The differential will shine greatest on a track, but definitely has it's benefits on the road, especially when you are chipped.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Good stuff bob, glad your happy. I try to only recommend things, especially pricey things, that are guaranteed to do deliver. Good to see the LSD+VAC combo is one of them

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yup u talked me into it. I was skeptical but this turned out to be a great mod! I'll have to be careful on your recommendations, pretty soon I'll have a supercharged M Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I decided to upgrade some parts while my e92 is hibernating for the winter also.
    I don't have pictures on the PSS9 coil-overs but they were installed and dialed in perfectly. A definite ride improvement especially with the wide and light DPE wheels with Vredestein tires. The power is now purely planted to the ground, but what impressed me the most is the lack of squirm and the addition of stability the rest of the suspension parts contribute. Here's some pics. *Notice how anemic the stock sway bar is on the subframe. OMG! Click here to enlarge

Installed:
    • Wavetrac LSD
    • Bilstein PSS9
    • BMW M series Sway Bars
    • BMW M series Rear bushings

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Just drove back from VAC with my new Quaife diff. I am blown away. I really wasn't sure what to expect but man this car accelerates so hard now it's amazing. If anyone is on the fence about whether or not to get this mod you really won't regret it.

Before the Quaife, the car would struggle for traction under wot, it felt un-natural, as if the car couldn't handle the extra power and the car was loose/ all over the place. After the Quaife.... the car just goes....HARD! The car is completely planted, totally different animal and now acts like it's supposed to have all this extra power over stock. It feels great in the turns as well but I didn't get a chance to really get at it on any curves.

I love this mod, it's essential for anyone that has stg2 power or upgraded turbos. The 335 really should have came from the factory like this. The guys at VAC are great, mike and chris were very nice and knowledgable. Their capabilities in that shop are extremely impressive. If I were ever going to do a engine build or serious build to this car or any BMW, I would call VAC. I'm very happy with that group buy and so glad I jumped on itClick here to enlarge
    Thanks for the review, glad to hear you are happy with it.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale