Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Car went back to stock yesterday. The In tubing had a puddle of oil in it. The Out tubing was clean. Click here to enlarge
    Glad to hear all the positive reviews coming in...Is there any reason you went back to Stock?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    The result looks great, just ordered a BMS OCC.
    About to order one too! Cant wait! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge

About to order one too! Cant wait! Click here to enlarge
    I've been using a DIY OCC up to now that collects oil well even though the engine doesn't consume a lot. The oil is topped with about 0.5 quart between oil changes about every 5000 mile. But the current OCC is vented into atmosphere and the breather starts to drip some after a couple of months. This is annoying and the new OCC will take care if this since it seems to trap almost all oil.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Glad to hear all the positive reviews coming in...Is there any reason you went back to Stock?
    Getting some warranty work done. This marks the 6th time I've removed/installed my downpipes. My back hurts Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I've been using a DIY OCC up to now that collects oil well even though the engine doesn't consume a lot. The oil is topped with about 0.5 quart between oil changes about every 5000 mile. But the current OCC is vented into atmosphere and the breather starts to drip some after a couple of months. This is annoying and the new OCC will take care if this since it seems to trap almost all oil.
    If your DIY OCC is vented to atmosphere doesnt it lose crankcase pressure? Either way it looks like we will both will have a fully working, functional, oil catch can from BMS soon Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Getting some warranty work done. This marks the 6th time I've removed/installed my downpipes. My back hurts Click here to enlarge
    Oh ok Click here to enlarge Just making sure you werent parting out and leaving all of us haha...And yeah I know exactly how your back feels after putting in or taking out downpipes really suuuccckkks..All other installs on this car are cake compared to DPs..I guess im glad im not still under warranty sometimes lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

If your DIY OCC is vented to atmosphere doesnt it lose crankcase pressure? Either way it looks like we will both will have a fully working, functional, oil catch can from BMS soon Click here to enlarge
    I'm not quite sure how you mean. The crank case pressure in charge mode is probably slightly higher with an open ventilation like mine, especially if the breather is saturated with oil. But I've not noted any negative side effects like high oil consumption or oil smoke. Crank case pressure is really not wanted at all. The crank case pressure should at least in theory be lower when it is connected to the turbos suction side. But the under-pressure before the turbo compressor side will differ for load situations and between cars with a restrictive stock intake or much better flowing DCI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

4 Months later...
    I love this thing! Click here to enlarge

I'll participate on an airfield event this weekend and I'll empty the OCC before that.
    It'll be very interesting to see the catch next Monday!

And for those who wonder - I have NO problems with abnormal oil consumption at all.

Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Great result. I haven't got mine yet but will mount it the same way you did where the outlet hose is uphill.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Great result. I haven't got mine yet but will mount it the same way you did where the outlet hose is uphill.
    Yes, I think that's a really important thing to do if you want to catch as much junk as possible.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

What do you mean uphill? The U-hose that BMS sends out naturally goes up and curves into the rear intake entry port..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    What do you mean uphill? The U-hose that BMS sends out naturally goes up and curves into the rear intake entry port..
    BMS Installation.
    You see the uphill on the outgoing hose from the crankcase?
    That will cause some of dirty oil to drip back again to the crankcase.

Click here to enlarge

My installation.
    Here's a downhill on that same hose from the crankcase, which will force the dirty oil where it belongs - Inside the OCC.
    This solution also have a distinct uphill AFTER the OCC, which will help keeping the oil inside the OCC.

Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Ah i see..and i thought i was the crankcase nazi Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

I prefer the oil to drain back to the crankcase as much as possible but BigTom prefers it to drain to the OCC. It's easy to implement his way if one prefers. Click here to enlarge

Also keep in mind the real measure of how well an OCC works isn't only the catch but also how dry the outlet hose is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Wet on the inside dry on the outside...bery bery niiiice

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Same here Click here to enlarge
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

I cam finally positive rep. It says I have two rep points, does that mean I'll drop to one if I rep?

Also, I need to quit being lazy and install my occ. these results are disgusting.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    BMS Installation.
    You see the uphill on the outgoing hose from the crankcase?
    That will cause some of dirty oil to drip back again to the crankcase.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...msuphill-1.jpg

My installation.
    Here's a downhill on that same hose from the crankcase, which will force the dirty oil where it belongs - Inside the OCC.
    This solution also have a distinct uphill AFTER the OCC, which will help keeping the oil inside the OCC.

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...downhill-1.jpg
    I like this since it will make it easier for oil exiting from the crank case to get into the can, and prevent oil that may not be trapped by the OCC to enter the intake. Clever solution IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    I cam finally positive rep. It says I have two rep points, does that mean I'll drop to one if I rep?

Also, I need to quit being lazy and install my occ. these results are disgusting.
    No, you don't lose any of your own by repping others.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No, you don't lose any of your own by repping others.
    What is the practical difference then by having e.g. 100 instead of 10 Rep Power scores?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

What is the practical difference then by having e.g. 100 instead of 10 Rep Power scores?
    100 would be able to vote 90 more times a day and also be able to take or give 90 more points with a single click.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

продвижение сайтов

А I seriously love your site.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself? Please reply back as I’m hoping to create my very own website and want to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named. Appreciate it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ioninopsy Click here to enlarge
    А I seriously love your site.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you create this website yourself? Please reply back as I’m hoping to create my very own website and want to find out where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named. Appreciate it!
    Here is my reply: Get $#@!ed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Here is my reply: Get $#@!ed
    Lol
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

100 would be able to vote 90 more times a day and also be able to take or give 90 more points with a single click.
    So what you're saying is that if you, Sticky, were to positive rep this post, I would receive 123 additional Rep Points? That is sick.

Note to self, post things Sticky likes and win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    So what you're saying is that if you, Sticky, were to positive rep this post, I would receive 123 additional Rep Points? That is sick.
    I could do that, sure, but you can select how much of your rep you give. I don't have it set to 123 unless someone pisses me off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Got the BMS OCC today. Workmanship is outstanding so I'm quite happy that I've bought it. The can volume is greater than expected, which is very nice. I'll put it on this weekend and replace my 30000 km old plugs at the same time. Pics of old plugs will come in a new thread. The OCC will be installed like Big Tom did.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast