Close

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M&M Click here to enlarge
    We are down under the other side of the world. We hardly get any support & have to end up sorting most things out ourselves. We not really affiliated to anyone.
    regardless, im looking forward to hearing more feedback on the s65 cams, and any other ventures you will be undertaking

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

OK now that I have my own boosted V8 & I haave been testing I know what's going on here. All the conspiracy was entertaining but it's so simple. There are a couple differences in the euro spec cars. Definitely the MDM allos a lot more wheelspin & when it intervenes it doesn't cut the torque at all. And I also think the gearboxes here have different software. I think they rev 100rpm higher & maybe shift a little quicker. Not quote sure about that though, I need to verify it by reading the program off a US spec car and comparing. I ran 6.4 today, waiting for verification.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

OK now that I have my own boosted V8 & I haave been testing I know what's going on here. All the conspiracy was entertaining but it's so simple. There are a couple differences in the euro spec cars. Definitely the MDM allos a lot more wheelspin & when it intervenes it doesn't cut the torque at all. And I also think the gearboxes here have different software. I think they rev 100rpm higher & maybe shift a little quicker. Not quote sure about that though, I need to verify it by reading the program off a US spec car and comparing. I ran 6.4 today, waiting for verification.
    and thats a 625 or 650 kit, 94 octane or something else? tires? can you post the vbox here, doesnt need to be verified yet for discussion purposes

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    and thats a 625 or 650 kit, 94 octane or something else? tires? can you post the vbox here, doesnt need to be verified yet for discussion purposes
    Ok I'm not gonna' mislead anyone, we have made our own changes to the kit. So it's not like it shipped & these chanegs we made have nothing to do with ESS. We did whatever we did on our own. It's probably around 625hp equivalent. Have meth as well.

The octane is around 98RON, so I think thats 93 or 94 in the US equivalent. Stock tyres. We having some issues with belt slippage on the setup we running so the belt basically slips after each gearchange & feels & sounds like the clutch riding but it's actually the belts slipping.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Thank you very much

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    cool to see a member be honest +1 M&M get some Pilot super sports.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Very interesting!!

I'm really curious to hear about the potential difference in DCT software.

A bit off topic, but what if I don't have MDM? My car is 100% base except for the DCT. Is that better or worse in terms of traction and computer cutting out power and torque?

Ok I'm not gonna' mislead anyone, we have made our own changes to the kit. So it's not like it shipped & these chanegs we made have nothing to do with ESS. We did whatever we did on our own. It's probably around 625hp equivalent. Have meth as well.

The octane is around 98RON, so I think thats 93 or 94 in the US equivalent. Stock tyres. We having some issues with belt slippage on the setup we running so the belt basically slips after each gearchange & feels & sounds like the clutch riding but it's actually the belts slipping.

Click here to enlarge
    Incredible times man!! So you started off with a VT2-625 then did your own little tweaks? You mention meth, but did you do any other tuning?

Thanks and again, congrats for insanely quick numbers!
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112