Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: N2O TMAP Sensor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

N2O TMAP Sensor

Hey guys,

Finally got our N2O TMAP sensor in. By this point it's old news but the sensor goes up to 3.5 bar and is a direct swap for our 2.5 bar sensor. Perfect for large turbo guys. To install it all you need is a connector adapter so the OEM connector plugs in along with a simple JB4 firmware update. Click here to enlarge

For those interested we can sell you a PNP adapter for $25 so it's a direct plug in. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Send one my way. My buddy is running my RB's and a JB4. We were just discussing doing this mod last week. PM'ing you now with my details.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

one for my terry please Click here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SyndicateGT Click here to enlarge
    Send one my way. My buddy is running my RB's and a JB4. We were just discussing doing this mod last week. PM'ing you now with my details.
    I don't use PMs but you can always email me. For pushing the boundaries with large turbos we suggest a flash map with 12:1 air/fuel ratios, and around 10 degrees of advance up top. The Cobb S2+ Aggressive map works fine for that. Then you'll want the JB4 BT board along with this N2O sensor to really crank boost up especially in the midrange. You'll want meth with a flow sensor feeding that info in to the JB4. Our WW kit works well, but any kit with a 0-5v flow sensor signal is fine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Would 20+psi on RB's really only be beneficial on the dyno or track days? You can really only raise the boost that high with race gas and meth correct? So for street pump+meth this would be of no use..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Malaka1 Click here to enlarge
    Would 20+psi on RB's really only be beneficial on the dyno or track days? You can really only raise the boost that high with race gas and meth correct? So for street pump+meth this would be of no use..
    @dzenno could answer that, he is a cobb user, i think he made good power/numbers on pump/meth before

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Malaka1 Click here to enlarge
    It's hard to say. On pump+meth I think a lot more torque can be made down low than has been made thus far but then how much can your clutch hold?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    It's hard to say. On pump+meth I think a lot more torque can be made down low than has been made thus far but then how much can your clutch hold?
    My HPF Stage 2 is suppose to be able to handle 625 lbs/tq Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Very nice, yea the Cobb stg 2 agg should work, I just flashed back to Cobb stg2 after hitting 19.5 psi on stock turbos on stg2 agg! That's to much for stockers IMO

I was hoping Dzenno would have posted some numbers with his revised map from Cobb by now
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Waiting on the tmap still..its en route from tischer, hopefully here by end of this week...as soon as i get it wired up i'll be on the dyno Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Waiting on the tmap still..its en route from tischer, hopefully here by end of this week...as soon as i get it wired up i'll be on the dyno Click here to enlarge
    Nice! Looking forward to it
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

how much does the tmap cost?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So I am guessing Shiv ran into some hurdles with the new sensor? It has been a couple weeks since he got it. You know if he hit some big numbers on the dyno, he would have posted them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

what about this statement in bold from Shiv?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge

All other things equal, if it had 6 cylinders, it should be able to support well over 600lb-ft of torque. Of course, not all other things are equal (stroke, piston speed, max revs, etc,.) Nonetheless, this is a decent starting point since we don't have any reasons to think that the n54 isn't stronger than the 4G63, stock for stock. If that is the case, the BMW will enjoy a 50% output advantage due to 50% larger displacement and 50% more pistons/rods. But still, it's a good idea to exercise restraint when running high midrange boost/torque pressures. Those looking to run 3.5bar map sensors just so they can run 22+psi of boost at peak torque might want to think twice Click here to enlarge
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

We won't know for sure until someone really tries but my gut feeling given the rod shape is that RPM is going to be the killer more so than torque. I know VAC does offer stronger rods and pistons though, perhaps they can chime in with their view on it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

I had a few moments this morning so I hand built 6 of these bad boys. They are sure to become collectors items... Click here to enlarge

Anyway if you want one paypal $25 per adapter + $5 shipping USA, $10 shipping intl (first class) to orders@burgertuning.com. Be sure your address is included in the paypal or Eric will curse you. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Funny thing is the huge torque spikes midrange even on stock turbos with his tune yet he recommends against running big midrange power? Im not a fan of it for other reasons mostly transmission related.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Nice just ordered it :-)
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Do i need to state why i believe there are no updates, another sourced motor, and apprehension to 22+ psi? Of course, that with his "fuel upgrade" and not cobbs AFR control...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Do i need to state why i believe there are no updates, another sourced motor, and apprehension to 22+ psi? Of course, that with his "fuel upgrade" and not cobbs AFR control...
    Shiv did say he broke an axle ...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Terry,

Do these connectors insulate the wires? Noone wants to deal with condensation on wires entering the connector. Perhaps wrap them in a plastic shielding or shrink wrap?
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Shiv did say he broke an axle ...
    and was replaced, and waiting on dss shafts, which only take a week turn-around

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vasillalov Click here to enlarge
    Terry,

Do these connectors insulate the wires? Noone wants to deal with condensation on wires entering the connector. Perhaps wrap them in a plastic shielding or shrink wrap?
    We've used the same connector system on maybe 5000 cars using the N54 JB+, N55 tunes, etc. You won't have any issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    For those interested we can sell you a PNP adapter for $25 so it's a direct plug in.
    That's pretty cheap and easy...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's pretty cheap and easy...
    Just the way I like'em...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast