Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    If it were Shiv talking Mustang vs. Dynojet looking at his recent posts, he uses 12% for a correction factor for the Dynojet vs. Mustang. So according to him this would be 488whp on a Dynojet. I don't think that's realistic.
    Wow...that is just way to high of a correction.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Totally agree.

Tonight the Aquamist HFS-4 kit goes on so we'll see how that goes. I'll start out with a dual setup (1.0mm and a 0.9mm) and take it from there. Nice thing is it'll be able to reference the DI injector duty cycle as well as boost and fuel pressure in its calibration. For most this is just more headache but for me I just love tinkering and finding that sweet spot way too much. Maybe in the end a basic kit with a single CM nozzle will do just as well but we'll see.

Just goes to show pump gas has proper potential when you're not battling the stock fuel system by tacking on tons of meth. It CAN be done without meth. On Saturday I'll pick up some race gas and see what the car's doing on race gas only, no meth.
    Please take lots of pics on the install Click here to enlarge I just got my kit yesterday, holy crap theres a lot of sh!t in that box! I'm gunna have a pro intstall mine as well, but I'm gunna wait for the BMS meth elbow. Do you know where cobb has there meth nozzles?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Wow...that is just way to high of a correction.
    It depends on the horsepower level and drive-train, but 7% - 12% is about right from converting DynoJet WHP to Mustang Dyne WHP.

There are a LOT of factors though....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    +1

Unfortunately meth is such a wide spread drug and it seems too tempting for tuners to just go for the easy gains it offers.
    I can't wait until I can dump my meth kit, I long for the day where I can make 550-600 on pump and even more on race gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    I can't wait until I can dump my meth kit, I long for the day where I can make 550-600 on pump and even more on race gas.
    It will happen with lower compression and/or higher rev limit while improving VE at the higher rotational speeds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    It depends on the horsepower level and drive-train, but 7% - 12% is about right from converting DynoJet WHP to Mustang Dyne WHP.

There are a LOT of factors though....
    Hmmmm....I can see 7, maybe 9 or so. 12 just seems really high. Really why is he converting at all though. If he wants a glory run go to an actual dyno jet and run it there.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Hmmmm....I can see 7, maybe 9 or so. 12 just seems really high. Really why is he converting at all though. If he wants a glory run go to an actual dyno jet and run it there.
    I say skip all the bull$#@! and just run the car at the track or stick to one dyne.

The Mustang Dyne is more realistic in my opinion and loads turbo cars up much better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I say skip all the bull$#@! and just run the car at the track or stick to one dyne.

The Mustang Dyne is more realistic in my opinion and loads turbo cars up much better.
    What the hell do you know about dynos anyway we should just go by what seems correct to us! Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    What the hell do you know about dynos anyway we should just go by what seems correct to us! Lol
    Ah I don't know, I don't own a Mustang AWD-500 and I wasn't a part of the GM High Tech Camaro Dyno test across three different dynes on the same day at the 2011 Performance Racing Industries trade-show. Click here to enlarge

Try to spool a big-turbo built diesel on a DynoJet. It's pretty funny actually....

*Unless they have a certain add-on part that isn't included in their typical inertia-dyne setup*

That trailer looks strangely familiar..... wonder who pulled it out there to Florida.... Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by fundahl; 03-22-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Ah I don't know, I don't own a Mustang AWD-500 and I wasn't a part of the GM High Tech Camaro Dyno test across three different dynes on the same day at the 2011 Performance Racing Industries trade-show. Click here to enlarge

Try to spool a big-turbo built diesel on a DynoJet. It's pretty funny actually....

*Unless they have a certain add-on part that isn't included in their typical inertia-dyne setup*
    Lol I know I was being sarcastic. Even with those eddy add on's the dynojet isn't as good, I like dynodynamics for turbos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Lol I know I was being sarcastic. Even with those eddy add on's the dynojet isn't as good, I like dynodynamics for turbos.
    DynoDynamics had a pretty weak showing but guess what, the two load based dynes (Us and DD) showed that Camaro at exactly 369whp.

The DynoJet read 394whp.... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

DynoDynamics had a pretty weak showing but guess what, the two load based dynes (Us and DD) showed that Camaro at exactly 369whp.

The DynoJet read 394whp.... Click here to enlarge
    Nope can't be that seems like to big a difference lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I agree. But everyone uses dynojet for there "advertising/bragging" numbers. So tune on a mustang period. If you want dynojet run dynojet...but none of this conversion BS, especially if you are going to conveniently use the highest end of the conversion range.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345