Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fuel filter in gas tank?

Have my car in the shop getting a oil change mentioned how in 4th gear it flat lined in the data logs. He mentioned the fuel filter that is in the gas tank was probably would be gunked up some and needed replacing, I am at 70k with the miles my spark plugs were changed about 8k ago along with one of the coil packs in cylinder one that kept misfiring. Does anyone know much about the fuel filter and if it sounds plausible for changing out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks like the filter and regulator are one peice, and quite pricy at $220. Assuming you always used good gas, not sure if it would clog up the filter. Doesn't hurt to check if the fuel tank is out. #2 in the diagram: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...01&hg=16&fg=15

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)

The fuel filter is not why you are flatlining 4th gear. I've been flatlining 4th gear since 13k miles. It's tune related coinciding with the DME reflash from the HPFP / injector recall.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)

No way its fuel filter related...you'd get fuel pressure codes if the filter was gunked...you don't have to pull the entire tank out to get to it..just lift the rear seat cushion and unscrew 2-3 bolts there to open the lid on the driver's side...LPFP is on the passenger side

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks guys appreciate, yea I decided not doing anything with it. Cars running very good still.