Close

Thread: Storm Motorwerks Billet Sat Nav Knobs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Thumbs up Storm Motorwerks Billet Sat Nav Knobs

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to take a few minutes to write a review about the Billet parts BIL at Storm Motorwerks makes and sells. I have known about Bil and Storm for a few years now from M3cutters and as I have some different mods on my car I couldnt buy the hand brake handles or SMG shifters he sells. When he emailed me telling me he had some new products they were exactly what I was looking for. So I ordered a set of Titanium Coated Billet Sat Nav Knobs and My friend got the Idrive controller for his E60 M5 in the same finish. The part arrived in 3 days to Bahrain and I set about installing them.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

The thing that was bothering me about the OEM Sat Nav Knobs is that i just replaced them and they look like their 10 years old and worn already! I mean the quality is crap crap crap! And every one of my friends complains about them in their cars too lol. So here are the pics....

Here are the oem knobs....like i said their not even 2 months old and I dont drive my car often so no excuses of these looking like crap....
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Here is a side by side of the OEM and Storm knobs....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Install was straight forward, pull the oem ones out and push the Storm ones on....
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

I absolutely love the feel of these and they will not look like crap after using them rarely or thousands of times. Sexy thing is they illuminate too so they look damn cool at night.

Here is a pic of the iDrive controller in the Titanium finish in my friends E60 M5....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Here is a link to Storms FB page.... https://www.facebook.com/storm.motorwerks

Great guy to deal with and beautiful products.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Oh and I foudn a link to their US page too Click here to enlarge www.storm-motorwerks.com/usa
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    im liking that titanium one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Good find! I like how they light up
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Those are sexy...like whoa sexy lol...too bad they don't have any MB parts...I'd buy them in a heart beat! Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package ||
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1708 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh and I foudn a link to their US page too Click here to enlarge www.storm-motorwerks.com/usa
    Checking them out. These make for some classy upgrades that remove some of the cheaper interior parts.
    Like BoostAddict on FaceBook, get +20 rep and tacos*: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...-FaceBook-page

* Tacos sold separately

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im liking that titanium one.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Good find! I like how they light up
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Those are sexy...like whoa sexy lol...too bad they don't have any MB parts...I'd buy them in a heart beat! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Checking them out. These make for some classy upgrades that remove some of the cheaper interior parts.
    Thanks Guys. Yeah love the way they light up. Such a neat design and I love the feel. The crappy parts in my E46 or all E46s I think are the Radio/Nav knobs, center consoles and ashtray finishes. That black rubber finish isnt good. The pics you see of my OEM knobs are only 2-3 months old! And thye look liek that an dI drove the car maybe 10 times in that 2-3 months.

I cant wait for them to complete the SMG gear ring to replace the plastic OEM one. That'll look sexy in the Ti Finish Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i want i want i want

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPFNAWAF Click here to enlarge
    i want i want i want
    LOL ok ok
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

do they fit the 09+ idrive?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    do they fit the 09+ idrive?
    Hey bro, am not 100% sure but this is what the site say:
    There are a few different Sat nav systems onto which our Sat Nav Knobs can be fitted such as the E46, E39 and E53 models. The images below show the base stems onto which the billet knobs can be fitted. If in doubt just contact us and we will be happy to help.
    Shoot Bil an email and he'll respond pretty fast Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge