Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

How wide can I go on tire size for ZCP wheels?

I need more traction plain and simple on my supercharged Daily Driver E92 ZCP. Searching forums and talking with others has left me confused beyond belief.

How wide can I go in the rear on stock ZCP (no spacers or anything)? I'm hearing 275 is max, but I've also heard 295 is the max.

Is anyone running 285 or 295 on a stock setup?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The wheel width pretty much limits you to 275, and the fenders will not tolerate much more either. Without serious rolling, I doubt that you would reach much beyond 275 even with rolling fenders.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Velocity26 Click here to enlarge
    The wheel width pretty much limits you to 275, and the fenders will not tolerate much more either. Without serious rolling, I doubt that you would reach much beyond 275 even with rolling fenders.
    Thanks.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Try this link http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp best wheel/tire calculator I have seen. Down at the bottom it tells you how much farther out you are sticking the tire in all directions, as well as how the overall size is changing.

I will say this. The M3 runs a 265 stock in the rear right? I have never, ever, seen a car/wheel you couldn't easily go 20mm wider on with the same aspect ration. In fact I prefer most stock wheels with about this much extra tire. Most can handle 30mm over but may rub on bumps if you don't go to a smaller aspect ratio.

This is assuming stock height of course. Hope that helps.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I know it's apples and oranges but the stock rears on a 211 E55 are 265's and I have run 265's, 275's and now currently 295's (albeit on 20's so the sidewalls have shrunk). . .Once you hit a certain threshold with power - you could run 335's and she's still going to spin - the only thing that helps is changing the compound (most e55's run 265 drag radials and those DEAD HOOK) but if it's a daily - you're screwed in any sort of adverse weather (even with the Pilot Cup's etc). I say keep your rears - realize that anything under 30mph, you shouldn't bother because you're going to spin and LOVE LIFE when you roll on at 80mph and you didn't even realize you were going triple digits as a result 3/8's throttleClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ

Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This guy is running 275-30F 295-30R PSS on the stock ZCPs. He also claims that he was 4 seconds faster with this setup on road Altlanta than his 18" square track setup.

Click here to enlarge
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can easily fit a 285/30 on the rear, that is what BMW runs on the GTS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So like I said, lots of confusion. One post says 275, another 285, and another 295 lol. I think I'll play it "safe" and go with 285s. Would I use 30 or 35s?

Also, I assume 255s up front to match?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheDefinition Click here to enlarge
    So like I said, lots of confusion. One post says 275, another 285, and another 295 lol. I think I'll play it "safe" and go with 285s. Would I use 30 or 35s?

Also, I assume 255s up front to match?
    Just one little bit of advice my friend. The wider you go on a stock rim, the less resistance you will have to tire roll over. Meaning that when you go around a bend hard, the tire will roll over ALOT more. Keep this in mind if you like to drive hard, or track her.

Now for drag racing, that's a whole different ball game.

PS: For road course use, the rim width should be as wide as the tread width, NOT section width. Also tirerack.com lists its tires with recommended rim range. You don't want to be on the small side of the range for good handlingClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ And those are the 19" wheels?

295/30R19 has been done on a stock 1M in the back.

I personally am about to do a 265/30R19 and 295/30R19 in Pilot Super Sports on my 1M with my Discount Tire Credit line. 1M fenders come rolled from the factory, but the fronts have issues with hitting the front fender relief vent at full lock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I went with RE11 285/35 on the back and 255/35 on the front. Muuuuuch better - harder to break free, they fit fine, look better than stock. Quite happy so far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    ^ And those are the 19" wheels?

295/30R19 has been done on a stock 1M in the back.

I personally am about to do a 265/30R19 and 295/30R19 in Pilot Super Sports on my 1M with my Discount Tire Credit line. 1M fenders come rolled from the factory, but the fronts have issues with hitting the front fender relief vent at full lock.

Hurry up and get this done! These are the same tires I want to try on my 1M!!!
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TheDefinition Click here to enlarge
    I went with RE11 285/35 on the back and 255/35 on the front. Muuuuuch better - harder to break free, they fit fine, look better than stock. Quite happy so far.
    285/35 arent too tall? Pics?
    ​#Chuckstrong