Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Methanol fittings, there must be something better than the CM quick press ones?

I am fed up with my CM fittings leaking, it might be the nylon hose that gets deformed or something, but I like the Aquamist compression fittings. Or rather I like the design but the price seems stupid for something that looks just like a air tool thingy from China AND I am in Sweden and don't want to pay international shipping if I dont have to.

So @enrita @"big tom" @R1000K3 (I think you all are in Sweden, right?)

What can one find close to Stockholm Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    626 Post(s)

Most home depots, etc, have brass compression fittings. And we've got some new Kamosi fittings coming in soon that are a little better than the metal push in but so far only have one that fits the nozzle, not the solenoid. It will be standard with our kits soon though.

Many hundreds run the metal fittings leak free, myself included, on 3 cars, so you shouldn't really have any issues with them unless one is defective. In which case we can replace it for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

I think every kit should have AN fittings. Just takes away a little of the animosity surrounding meth. Gives a sense of peace of mind to someone like me.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Those press on quick disconnect fittings are actually very popular in the pneumatics industry. Check out festo.com they use them all over.

If you want something really tight, it will be more permanent and will require you to swage the line.

google swagelok
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

The only fittings to use are compression fittings. I bought them from Howerton Engineering, the Aquamist ones.

Having said that, my current coolingmist kit with all the fittings, AR elbow, plenty of nozzles, solenoid, check valves, 2 flow sensors (coolingmist and the aquamist latest one), 1 brand new meth pump from BMS and another one that still works apparently and tubing are all going up for sale very soon...If anyone is interested in any components let me know..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

yeah just order from howerton. mine are holding fine for now even if i dont like them but guess i am too lazy and sick and tired on putting money on this car to redo the whole meth fittings.
    i had one L fitting into charge pipe start leaking and replaced it. i guess is just a matter of time till another gives up. Best would be to do all compression fittings and real strong tubing as well.
    i think big tom found a company supply them so just pm him to get info.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

I've already told you where I got mine from. http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...921#post235921
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

DZENNO, why are you selling your meth kit?
    2011 335is DCT, collecting parts....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Getting the HFS-4 at a group by...just to try something a bit different really

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    I've already told you where I got mine from.
    Thanks (again) couldnt find you post using search, will save the link more permanently now!
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Thanks (again) couldnt find you post using search, will save the link more permanently now!
    No worries! Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Well I replaced the last piece if hose between the solenoid and the cm10 and now it seems fine (for now).

But running the jb4 on map7 with a 50-50 mix of 99oct(ron) and E85 is almost as good and hazzle free Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Most home depots, etc, have brass compression fittings. And we've got some new Kamosi fittings coming in soon that are a little better than the metal push in but so far only have one that fits the nozzle, not the solenoid. It will be standard with our kits soon though.

Many hundreds run the metal fittings leak free, myself included, on 3 cars, so you shouldn't really have any issues with them unless one is defective. In which case we can replace it for you.
    Do you plan on selling them seperately as well?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Just to let you know you can bookmark posts / threads as well internally: http://www.germanboost.com/showthread.php?17352-Thread-and-post-internal-bookmarking-installed&highlight=bookmark
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    The only fittings to use are compression fittings. I bought them from Howerton Engineering, the Aquamist ones.

Having said that, my current coolingmist kit with all the fittings, AR elbow, plenty of nozzles, solenoid, check valves, 2 flow sensors (coolingmist and the aquamist latest one), 1 brand new meth pump from BMS and another one that still works apparently and tubing are all going up for sale very soon...If anyone is interested in any components let me know..
    dzenno...my CM push-in fittings just went south (100% meth was too much for the rubber o-ring), I'm on Howerton's site about to order some compression fittings but wanted to ask if you did 4mm or 6mm ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Depends what your meth line is. What kit are you refurbishing? Aquamist uses both 4mm for the nozzles and 6mm for the pump line.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by amclint Click here to enlarge
    dzenno...my CM push-in fittings just went south (100% meth was too much for the rubber o-ring), I'm on Howerton's site about to order some compression fittings but wanted to ask if you did 4mm or 6mm ?
    Your CM line is 6mm so I'd go with 6mm fittings...aquamist uses a 4mm line from their FAV (fast acting valve) to the nozzles (downstream from the pump)..upstream from the pump (from tank to pump) they use a 6mm line with 6mm fittings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

@dzenno, just want to say i wrapped up my HFS4 install that i got from Howerton, you will not be dissapointed - very, very nice kit. If you get an enclosure from Howerton, just be sure to check the fittings at the tank - my low level sensor had a drip and needed to be snugged up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Your CM line is 6mm so I'd go with 6mm fittings...aquamist uses a 4mm line from their FAV (fast acting valve) to the nozzles (downstream from the pump)..upstream from the pump (from tank to pump) they use a 6mm line with 6mm fittings
    Sweet thanks, I tried brass fittings from a hardware store, but they are a different pipe standard (MIP) and do not thread into the CM solenoid. I'm guessing NPT and BSPP must be similar pipe specifications? So far I've very impressed with Howerton, even though you pay a bit more they are a great asset to have around.