Close

Thread: Tire issue

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Tire issue

I bought a new set of wheels then shortly after ordered some new tires (online) (Vredestien)
    When the tires were mounted the guy who was fitting them called me over to tell me that one of the front tires was needing 100 grams of weight to balance. Even though he managed to balance the tire the steering still vibrates at +70mph.

Has anyone ever experienced a brand new faulty tire?

P.S. there is no visual damage to the tire.
    E93 DCT, Space Grey, Fox Red, 360 Forged CF 5s, Vorstiener F/R Diff, Akrapovic Full Exhaust System, Evolve Carbon Airbox and filter and remap by Evolve, Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers and Performance steering wheel and G Power SKII Clubsport Supercharger

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would get a replacement tire and get them rebalanced. Tell the retailer the tire is causing massive vibration and is unsafe. Do it in writing if necessary.

Why put up with a faulty or defective tire?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I would get a replacement tire and get them rebalanced. Tell the retailer the tire is causing massive vibration and is unsafe. Do it in writing if necessary.

Why put up with a faulty or defective tire?
    I have talked to the vendor and they said to put it in an email..
    I have also ordered a new tire from them because I need one asap.
    The vendor said once they recieve the email and then collect the tire that if found faulty they will gladly refund my money.
    I have also contacted Vredestien and I await a phonecall.
    E93 DCT, Space Grey, Fox Red, 360 Forged CF 5s, Vorstiener F/R Diff, Akrapovic Full Exhaust System, Evolve Carbon Airbox and filter and remap by Evolve, Bilstein PSS10 Coilovers and Performance steering wheel and G Power SKII Clubsport Supercharger

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Donbona Click here to enlarge
    The vendor said once they recieve the email and then collect the tire that if found faulty they will gladly refund my money.
    Excellent.

I have also contacted Vredestien and I await a phonecall.
    Let us know what they say and how they treat you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Excellent.

Let us know what they say and how they treat you.

Will do

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Come to find out that it is my brand new wheel that is out of shape. Click here to enlarge
    I now have a big mission to claim for a new wheel. I had to wait over 6 months for these wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Come to find out that it is my brand new wheel that is out of shape. Click here to enlarge
    I now have a big mission to claim for a new wheel. I had to wait over 6 months for these wheels.
    That's the worst, having to wait more time after already wiating.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Come to find out that it is my brand new wheel that is out of shape.
    360 Forged eh? I am very interested in seeing how they handle this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    360 Forged eh? I am very interested in seeing how they handle this.

No no... I sold my 360 Forged....
    This is a new set. I dont want to name anyone yet as the Vendor has got my back and he is trying to deal with it.
    But because you mentioned 360 I will say this..... the previous owners of 360 left me and my order to rot, but the current owners did revive and push my order through.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On another note I have found a wheel engineering company over here that can fix the wheel possibly without removing paint which the vendor agrees that the manufacturer will pay for the fix. I am just waiting for the go ahead.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No no... I sold my 360 Forged....
    This is a new set. I dont want to name anyone yet as the Vendor has got my back and he is trying to deal with it.
    But because you mentioned 360 I will say this..... the previous owners of 360 left me and my order to rot, but the current owners did revive and push my order through.
    Can't say I'm surprised, but glad the new guys got it together.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    have you had the vdestrians before? i was considering them on the new set, but not sure..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    have you had the vdestrians before? i was considering them on the new set, but not sure..
    No but I have a few friends that run them and they told me they were really good...
    The traction I get from them is amazing!