Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No

    Motor Trend's First Test of 2013 BMW M5

    I just saw this article this morning. Motor Trend's First Test of the 2013 BMW M5 reports the following numbers:

    0-60mph: 3.7sec
    0-100mph: 8.4sec
    1/4 miles: 11.9sec @ 120.3mph

    Uh...wow...I want one Click here to enlarge

    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...3_bmw_m5_test/
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    Motortrend 2013 F10 BMW M5 test numbers are in - 11.9@120 and 4384 pound curb weight

    This is our second set of US performance numbers for the new M5. Car and Driver put up numbers last year and hit 12.0@122. MotorTrend got it into the 11's with a 11.9@120 mph run. Certainly not bad but not exactly blazing performance these days either especially considering MotorTrend hit 12.5@115 in a 6 speed manual previous generation E60 M5. That car was already a heavy 4100 pounds and this new M5 is almost 300 pounds heavier.

    If the M5 did not pick up that 300 pounds on the previous generation we would see much more impressive performance numbers. The CLS63 AMG and E63 AMG with the new twin turbo M157 motor run similar times although they have an optional performance package to up the ante and likely leave the M5 behind. The new M5 is definitely fast, but it also could have raised the bar much higher had it not gained so much weight.

    Click here to enlarge

    2013 BMW M5
    POWERTRAIN/CHASSIS
    DRIVETRAIN LAYOUT Front engine, RWD
    ENGINE TYPE Twin-turbo 90-deg V-8, alum block/heads
    VALVETRAIN DOHC, 4 valves/cyl
    DISPLACEMENT 268.2 cu in/4395 cc
    COMPRESSION RATIO 10.0:1
    POWER (SAE NET) 560 hp @ 6000 rpm
    TORQUE (SAE NET) 500 lb-ft @ 1500 rpm
    REDLINE 7200 rpm
    WEIGHT TO POWER 7.8 lb/hp
    TRANSMISSION 7-speed twin-clutch auto
    AXLE/FINAL-DRIVE RATIO 3.15:1/2.12:1
    SUSPENSION, FRONT; REAR Multi-link, coil springs, adj shocks, anti-roll bar; multi-link, coil springs, adj shocks, anti-roll bar
    STEERING RATIO 13.1:1
    TURNS LOCK-TO-LOCK 2.5
    BRAKES, F;R 15.7-in vented, drilled disc; 15.6-in vented, drilled disc, ABS
    WHEELS 9.0 x 20-in, 10.0 x 20-in cast aluminum
    TIRES 265/35ZR20 99Y; 295/30ZR20 101Y Michelin Pilot Super Sport
    DIMENSIONS
    WHEELBASE 116.7 in
    TRACK, F/R 64.1/62.3 in
    LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT 193.5 x 74.4 x 57.3
    TURNING CIRCLE 41.3 ft
    CURB WEIGHT 4384 lb
    WEIGHT DIST., F/R 52/48 %
    SEATING CAPACITY 5
    HEADROOM, F/R 40.5/38.3 in
    LEGROOM, F/R 41.4/36.1 in
    SHOULDER ROOM, F/R 58.3/56.2 in
    CARGO VOLUME 14.0 cu ft
    TEST DATA
    ACCELERATION TO MPH
    0-30 1.5 sec
    0-40 2.2
    0-50 2.9
    0-60 3.7
    0-70 4.7
    0-80 5.8
    0-90 7.0
    0-100 8.4
    PASSING, 45-65 MPH 1.6
    QUARTER MILE 11.9 sec @ 120.3 mph
    BRAKING, 60-0 MPH 110 ft
    LATERAL ACCELERATION 0.94 g (avg)
    MT FIGURE EIGHT 24.9 sec @ 0.81 g (avg)
    TOP-GEAR REVS @ 60 MPH 1500 rpm
    CONSUMER INFO
    BASE PRICE $95,000 (est)
    PRICE AS TESTED $105,000 (est)
    STABILITY/TRACTION CONTROL Yes/Yes
    AIRBAGS Dual front, front side, f/r curtain, front knee
    BASIC WARRANTY 4 yrs/50,000 miles
    POWERTRAIN WARRANTY 4 yrs/50,000 miles
    ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE 4 yrs/Unlimited
    FUEL CAPACITY 21.1 gal
    EPA CITY/HWY ECON 15/22 mpg (est)
    ENERGY CONS., CITY/HWY 225/153 kW-hrs/100 miles (est)
    CO2 EMISSIONS 1.11 lb/mile (est)
    RECOMMENDED FUEL Unleaded premium




    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -167.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Don't hate. It's faster than E63 PP, so it's all good. The weight though is because of all the luxury $#@! they fitted in the car. Soft closing doors? really? i want to slam it like a burning beer! But at least it handles good, and laps the ring faster than AMG's.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Don't hate. It's faster than E63 PP, so it's all good.
    Based on? Not hating, it could be better but it certainly isn't bad.

    I just can't like this car like the E39 or even E60 M5 for that matter.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -167.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Based on? Not hating, it could be better but it certainly isn't bad.

    I just can't like this car like the E39 or even E60 M5 for that matter.
    Based on the EVO video, M5 vs E63 vs XKR vs Panamera.

    The MT article is well written. The E60 problem was it's harshness. Super saloons in the first place should get you from work to home, and then after that to a race track. E60 failed at the primary goal in order to do the secondary better.

    People like the E39 M5 because it was the car at the moment. No real competitors, the N/A E55 which was the main competitor was a joke. The F10 however has to face rivals that has become close.

    The F10 M5 isn't bad FOR IT'S BUYERS. It's a very touchy point that you should consider. You don't buy this car, a family man buys it and the car is built to satisfy that guy not you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Based on the EVO video, M5 vs E63 vs XKR vs Panamera.
    Yes but I believe it was later clarified that was not a performance package E63.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Super saloons in the first place should get you from work to home, and then after that to a race track. E60 failed at the primary goal in order to do the secondary better.
    How? This fat pig goes into limp mode at the track.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    People like the E39 M5 because it was the car at the moment. No real competitors
    It wasn't the car of the moment, the E39 raised the mid-size sport sedan game to heights it had never seen. The E39 defined what it was. It was the best M5 ever made IMO.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    You don't buy this car, a family man buys it and the car is built to satisfy that guy not you.
    So the M6 is what then? And what, the family man always has his family in the car?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Based on the EVO video, M5 vs E63 vs XKR vs Panamera.
    LOL. That video was terrible.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Did any mags do a road/track test of the 2012 E63? I have seen road tests of the 2012 CLS63. But the E63 is a few hundred lbs lighter.


    CLS63 w/Perf. package

    0–60 mph 3.8 sec
    0–100 mph 8.3 sec
    0–1320 ft (1/4 mile) 12.0 sec @ 122.5 mph
    Top speed 186 mph
    Skidpad 0.93 g
    Last edited by M3_WC; 03-14-2012 at 04:43 AM.


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -167.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes but I believe it was later clarified that was not a performance package E63.



    How? This fat pig goes into limp mode at the track.



    It wasn't the car of the moment, the E39 raised the mid-size sport sedan game to heights it had never seen. The E39 defined what it was. It was the best M5 ever made IMO.



    So the M6 is what then? And what, the family man always has his family in the car?
    Would you stop tearing apart posts and multi-quoting? I have to do the same and it's hard for me lol

    IDK about the later clarification, but i thought it was a E63 PP.

    The fat pig didn't go to limp mode when i was in Spain test drive. I shared the car with a former French race driver and he was beating the $#@! out of the car. It just went into limp mode once and that happened because he was trying to set the longest drifting record.

    I think @EUGENE-Taiwan shared car with a BMW test driver. He can tell if it went to limp mode or not.

    Agreed, E39 M5 was and is the best M5 ever made.

    And also i agree M6 is soft for no good reason. They should give it more punch.

    The family guy doesn't carry his family all the time, but he wants to move them from location A to B in comfort. The F10 acts like a normal 5-Series in comfort mode, but in the E60 even in Lexus mode (P-400) it wasn't a car you could live with it everyday. No torque in lower PRM's, jerky transmission, bad MPG, harsh run flat tires, sharp ride.... all hurt the E60.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -167.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    LOL. That video was terrible.
    How is that?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -167.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Did any mags do a road/track test of the 2012 E63? I have seen road tests of the 2012 CLS63. But the E63 is a few hundred lbs lighter.


    CLS63 w/Perf. package

    0–60 mph 3.8 sec
    0–100 mph 8.3 sec
    0–1320 ft (1/4 mile) 12.0 sec @ 122.5 mph
    Top speed 186 mph
    Skidpad 0.93 g
    A fully optioned E63 like the tested M5, is 4300lb which 50 more than CLS63.

    EDIT: I don't know why i thought you mentioned the CLS weighs 4250.
    Last edited by Sorena; 03-14-2012 at 05:06 AM.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    A fully optioned E63 like the tested M5, is 4300lb which 50 more than CLS63.

    EDIT: I don't know why i thought you mentioned the CLS weighs 4250.
    According to Benz, there is about 230 lbs difference in curb weight between CLS63 and E63.

    I want to see some test numbers from the new TTV8 E63, but all the mags tested the CLS63.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Did any mags do a road/track test of the 2012 E63? I have seen road tests of the 2012 CLS63. But the E63 is a few hundred lbs lighter.


    CLS63 w/Perf. package

    060 mph 3.8 sec
    0100 mph 8.3 sec
    01320 ft (1/4 mile) 12.0 sec @ 122.5 mph
    Top speed 186 mph
    Skidpad 0.93 g
    I think the E63 with PP will be faster than the M5. It won't be a massacre but it will be faster.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Would you stop tearing apart posts and multi-quoting? I have to do the same and it's hard for me lol
    No, it's what I'm good, nay, great at.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    IDK about the later clarification, but i thought it was a E63 PP.
    As did I but it was a standard car it seems.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    The fat pig didn't go to limp mode when i was in Spain test drive. I shared the car with a former French race driver and he was beating the $#@! out of the car. It just went into limp mode once and that happened because he was trying to set the longest drifting record.
    Who had the review that mentioned it went into limp mode? As did the CLS it was compared against. We expect it from the Benz. That is what BMW has become with M now, AMG.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    The family guy doesn't carry his family all the time, but he wants to move them from location A to B in comfort. The F10 acts like a normal 5-Series in comfort mode, but in the E60 even in Lexus mode (P-400) it wasn't a car you could live with it everyday. No torque in lower PRM's,
    Oh, no torque from a 5.0 liter V10 huh? Come on, get out of here. It had plenty of punch down low especially with how it was geared.

    The E60 M5 wasn't a Z06. It was a comfortable sedan as well although it had more of a razor's edge it seems than this F10 M5 does. The M5 has gotten soft, lazy, and fat. Just like BMW.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I want to see some test numbers from the new TTV8 E63, but all the mags tested the CLS63.
    Same thing I want to see. Really liking the E63.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    You know what would be awesome? If Mercedes and BMW gave me an E63 and M5 to test respectively. They give these cars basically to magazine retards who don't even have any links to the real AMG or M enthusiast.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    311
    Rep Points
    182.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    I understand that they could have raised the bar MUCH higher... but now we have to think like businessmen; what on earth will they have to offer come next gen? Really, what can they provide next generation that wouldn't compel the buyer to simply buy a used f11. It's going to be kinda like the previous and new 335i sedan; same exact drivetrain with different body/interior.

    But then again, that may just be one person's way of thinking about it!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    311
    Rep Points
    182.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, if by raising the bar you meant things that didnt just have to do with horsepower (as is now evident from the comments you made), then YES, I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, considering the technologies in these cars, they should be able to go from family man soft to track-man harsh with the flick of a switch (or button).

    Horsepower is just part of the equation and my earlier post was based on quarter-mile times. However I think the M5 should be able to turn from soft to hard if it's to really bewilder.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    I understand that they could have raised the bar MUCH higher... but now we have to think like businessmen; what on earth will they have to offer come next gen? Really, what can they provide next generation that wouldn't compel the buyer to simply buy a used f11. It's going to be kinda like the previous and new 335i sedan; same exact drivetrain with different body/interior.

    But then again, that may just be one person's way of thinking about it!
    Couldn't we look at the car as they had to go to a turbo motor just to lug this big fat tub of lard around? BMW's are becoming the heaviest cars in their class. What happened to efficient dynamics? It's all bull$#@!.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, if by raising the bar you meant things that didnt just have to do with horsepower (as is now evident from the comments you made), then YES, I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, considering the technologies in these cars, they should be able to go from family man soft to track-man harsh with the flick of a switch (or button).

    Horsepower is just part of the equation and my earlier post was based on quarter-mile times. However I think the M5 should be able to turn from soft to hard if it's to really bewilder.
    They didn't make the M5 better. The M5 is more isolated, soft, and heavier than it has ever been. It's gotten stale and dare I say boring.

    They didn't even need to add horsepower. They just needed to make it leaner and meaner. They failed IMO.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -167.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No, it's what I'm good, nay, great at.
    Dick.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    As did I but it was a standard car it seems.
    I double checked, it was a E63 with 550hp. That's a E63 with PP specs.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    Who had the review that mentioned it went into limp mode? As did the CLS it was compared against. We expect it from the Benz. That is what BMW has become with M now, AMG.
    No clue what are you referring to.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    Oh, no torque from a 5.0 liter V10 huh? Come on, get out of here. It had plenty of punch down low especially with how it was geared.
    How many miles you have put down with the S85? I went from south to north, west to east of my country with it. Loved it so much, best engine ever in M mode. But not in P400 mode when you are trying to achieve two digit number MPG.

    Test one of these new M5's to realize what i'm saying. Torque everywhere, it pulls like the Shinkansen train. The S63 is the engine i pick anyday in normal driving and even in tracks, just wished it had a character, sound and response close to the S85's.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    The E60 M5 wasn't a Z06. It was a comfortable sedan as well although it had more of a razor's edge it seems than this F10 M5 does. The M5 has gotten soft, lazy, and fat. Just like BMW.
    Seriously man, you missed the whole point of super sedans. It must be a comfort sedan at first, then a super car.

    The F10 M5 isn't lazy and soft, test drive one to see what i'm saying. In comfort mode it's like a very normal 5-Series, but in sport plus mode it's more agile and i can say it's even harsher than E60 M5.

    All this talking without testing is pointless IMHO.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,107.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    I double checked, it was a E63 with 550hp. That's a E63 with PP specs.
    Show me.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Dick.
    One of the best features of the forum I would say.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    No clue what are you referring to.
    I posted a CLS63 and F10M5 comparison not too long ago where both cars were said to go into limp mode on the first lap.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    How many miles you have put down with the S85? I went from south to north, west to east of my country with it. Loved it so much, best engine ever in M mode. But not in P400 mode when you are trying to achieve two digit number MPG.
    So it's a great motor when it isn't being hampered by software? No kidding. But you just said it has no torque. Inconsistency? Of course a low horsepower mode won't feel good, uh, it's because it is being artificially limited.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Test one of these new M5's to realize what i'm saying. Torque everywhere, it pulls like the Shinkansen train. The S63 is the engine i pick anyday in normal driving and even in tracks, just wished it had a character, sound and response close to the S85's.
    And? Since when is an M car about torque down low? What, now the best cars are ones with positive displacement superchargers because their torque delivery is even better and more rapid than the M5's? If so, we would all have CTS-V's.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Seriously man, you missed the whole point of super sedans. It must be a comfort sedan at first, then a super car.
    Since when? Because BMW is now making this idiotic claim? The E39 M5 did everything well and didn't need a billion buttons changing every setting to do so. It was just an awesome super sedan, it wasn't pretending to be multiple things. And it never needed to fake its engine noise...

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    The F10 M5 isn't lazy and soft, test drive one to see what i'm saying. In comfort mode it's like a very normal 5-Series, but in sport plus mode it's more agile and i can say it's even harsher than E60 M5.

    All this talking without testing is pointless IMHO.
    It's gotten fat and lazy. BMW says the new turbo motors don't respond like the old ones. I don't care how much you like the torque, it is not as sharp as a car as the E60 M5 and it makes nowhere near the statement the E39 M5 did.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge


    And? Since when is an M car about torque down low? What, now the best cars are ones with positive displacement superchargers because their torque delivery is even better and more rapid than the M5's? If so, we would all have CTS-V's.
    im not opposed to that idea....assimilate!!!...lol

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Lol are u kidding sticky? There isn't a thing those older M5's did better than this one. And sorry to burst your bubble but this isnt a sportscar it's a sporty luxury sedan. Oh and the E63 is ugggglllyy.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    967
    Rep Points
    1,459.5
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15



    Yes Reputation No
    The reason why BMW M has always won me over compared to MB AMG was simply driving experience. It might not have to be the fastest in a straight line or the fastest track time or the most horsepower, but when I want to buy a car, I want to enjoy every aspect of it. To me personally, I feel like that's what I experience with my current M3s. I'm pretty sure the C32 or C63 counterpart were significantly faster on the highway or had nicer interiors, but they really didn't give back to me as a driver.

    What I love about BMW M cars is that they have balance and they do everything equally well. No matter how I use the car, it's just fun...

    I'm not going to lie, at the Chicago Auto Show this year, the one car that really tickled my fancy was the E63 Estate with some sort of matte silver Designo paint. I am looking forward to driving both cars in the near future and to see what fits me best. I like that AMG is upping their game a lot recently because I hope that it will push BMW M to not be complacent with their cars.

    Thanks for making this an article Sticky Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •