Close

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    I'm making more power on a non sleeved block and hot lapped the car in Vegas on that same tune. The sleeves failed... We can debate till our faces are blue as to why the sleeves failed but ultimately it was up to me to decided was it the tune or sleeves.. I felt more evidence pointed at the sleeves and thus made my decision to stick with the same tune with a non sleeved motor.. So far so good.. There are more cars with sleeved blocks out there now. Time will tell.
    i see where you are coming from so this is not a slam but, come on man, you are not running the exact same tune after the work was completed, jason retuned the car.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPF Chris Click here to enlarge
    It definitely was "not" shown to be due to the Darton sleeves. The detonation in the cylinders lifted the head and pushed one of the sleeves down a "less" than a hundredth of an inch. Had those sleeves not been there, the damage may have been far worse. I don't want to start a war again. This has been debated to death. Let's just end the speculation since it can't be proven for sure either way.

But M3 Goober is entirely correct in what he says.

Chris.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    i see where you are coming from so this is not a slam but, come on man, you are not running the exact same tune after the work was completed, jason retuned the car.

I think the statements above can be very true. Either way Marcus have you driven ur car down the 1/4 mile yet?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like the statement by Jason saying NO hpf cars make the power that they do at HPF.

He right mine made more. Glad your car is running great

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    I like the statement by Jason saying NO hpf cars make the power that they do at HPF.

He right mine made more. Glad your car is running great
    Yea ur car made great power at Max Psi's mustang dyno.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    He didn't say this...what he said was no car that "HE" has dynoed has made the same amount of power as it did at HPF. Marcus' car had problems...Chads' car had problems...I'd have to look at Jim's dynos again...Lawrence never really drove his car so mabe something else was up; seems like these cars don't respond well when they aren't driven (just my opinion of course).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just looked at Jim's (ST06) Original graph from HPF and the dyno from ProEFI on Pump&Methanol .... the graph for all intensive purposes is identical. Peak HP is off by about 3HP and the entire curve matches (the ProEFI dyno actually shows a little bit higher in some areas compared to the HPF)...still negligable difference.

Compare for yourselves: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=721721
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=827413

6500rpm=105mph about

So I guess Jasons' statement was wrong...he has only had one HPF car make the same power on his dyno Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looked at Lawrences graph here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=897767
    Original HPF graph: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=788979
    Blue graph looks like methanol never came on ...ran about 18/19psi the whole run...in this case the power curve matches Lawrences' Pump Gas Numbers albeit more jagged due to 0 smoothing.
    Green graph looks like methanol came on for a short burst then came off then came back on again...you can see the boost go to about 22psi then down to 18/19 then back up to 23. This pull was off by about 30rwhp probably due to the meth problems.

Lawrence did not have a methanol switch so his car was calling for meth all the time. If something is wrong with the methanol system it will not activate. It looks like the meth system needed purging or something else was wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    He didn't say this...what he said was no car that "HE" has dynoed has made the same amount of power as it did at HPF. Marcus' car had problems...Chads' car had problems...I'd have to look at Jim's dynos again...Lawrence never really drove his car so mabe something else was up; seems like these cars don't respond well when they aren't driven (just my opinion of course).
    It is in his best interest to say that. Odd for the guy going after HPF to continue with negative things, right?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Couple HPF owners don't know how to change fuse for the meth setup. Lol

Not these guys you mentioned but to local guys. GG I was stg then on MaxPsi dyno. The car made great but remember that I couldn't rev to 8100. Highest pull was 7500 most were 71-72. I did a lot of pulls that day because I stayed late.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stg 2*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm making more power on a non sleeved block and hot lapped the car in Vegas on that same tune. The sleeves failed... We can debate till our faces are blue as to why the sleeves failed but ultimately it was up to me to decided was it the tune or sleeves.. I felt more evidence pointed at the sleeves and thus made my decision to stick with the same tune with a non sleeved motor.. So far so good.. There are more cars with sleeved blocks out there now. Time will tell.
    And the debate is over. Let it rest everyone. We did. Click here to enlarge

Chris.
    STAGE 1 M3 TURBO KIT SALE - $13,500!!!!
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - sales@horsepowerfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    Looked at Lawrences graph here: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=897767
    Original HPF graph: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=788979
    Blue graph looks like methanol never came on ...ran about 18/19psi the whole run...in this case the power curve matches Lawrences' Pump Gas Numbers albeit more jagged due to 0 smoothing.
    Green graph looks like methanol came on for a short burst then came off then came back on again...you can see the boost go to about 22psi then down to 18/19 then back up to 23. This pull was off by about 30rwhp probably due to the meth problems.

Lawrence did not have a methanol switch so his car was calling for meth all the time. If something is wrong with the methanol system it will not activate. It looks like the meth system needed purging or something else was wrong.
    The graph looks like misfire due to plugs or coils. Meth probably did go in and out as well. That safety feature is so nice. People just see less power and they can go and find the meth leak or purge the system.

Chris.
    STAGE 1 M3 TURBO KIT SALE - $13,500!!!!
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

HorsepowerFreaks.com
    12905 NE Airport Way
    Portland, OR 97230
    (503) 256-5600
    BMW Performance Parts
    Product questions or to purchase - sales@horsepowerfreaks.com

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    Yes, I meant to say same tuner, the car has a different compression so its not the exact same tune..

Chris mentions detenation.. if oil is contaminating the combustion chamber it can cause detonation.. so being I was having oil consumption problems well before the blown motor issue reared its head its possible thats why it was detonating.. IF IT WAS detonating. The pistons do now show CLEAR signs of detonation.. nor did the plugs.. the only real evidence of anything is that the piston was not square in the bore, causing scoring. Trace that back, why was the sleeve oval? When did it go oval? Chicken/Egg.. we could go on indefinitely and never really know. All I know is now that I'm no longer sleeved the car has been running phenomal... if it happens again with my car then sure.. it may have been the tune and we can go from there... if nothing ever happens and something happens to another sleeved block that looks similar to my results then we can go from there.. regardless I've moved on, Chris has moved on.. and we're going in circles. The only thing that matters is i'm happy with the results and i'm happy with how my car drives/performs now. Case closed!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

The pit marks on the tops of the pistons were questionable honestly. Something was odd, but remember 1 thing "The pursuit of power leads to sadness"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im glad your not sleeved anymore marcus. let race teams deal with the headache of rebuilding each season.
    then again the hpf drag car is using the same block from the track car, so that thing has been getting abused for some time now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man I'm glad I have a s50 i have been beating on here and then for about 13k without the issues the OP has had.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Man I'm glad I have a s50 i have been beating on here and then for about 13k without the issues the OP has had.
    Without his horsepower too.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    im glad your not sleeved anymore marcus. let race teams deal with the headache of rebuilding each season.
    then again the hpf drag car is using the same block from the track car, so that thing has been getting abused for some time now.
    Drag Car = Old Track non/Sleeved Motor
    Track Car = High Compression, Sleeved Motor

The track car did go out today, and it sounds like it had no issues.. time will tell.. but I still think it was the sleeves.. why the sleeves failed could have been an installation error, could have been some other issue.. I haven't spent any time looking into it as I haven't had any spare time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    The pit marks on the tops of the pistons were questionable honestly. Something was odd, but remember 1 thing "The pursuit of power leads to sadness"
    Could have been detonation due to oil contamination .. seriously though. Others with tunes from Jason like Ray (stock motor) and Jim (HPF Built Motor) have had no issues and have put plenty of miles on their cars. So I really don't think it was 'simply the tune' .. may have been a combination of all kinds of things. The whole reason I got worked up was because I felt my situation was being exploited and the investigation of my motor was done very poorly and biased. I sent my car to HPF because I enjoyed working with the team at HPF and had it been determined after a proper investigation that it was indeed the tune I'd have forked out the cash no problems. I'm not the type to cover things up and try to get a buck out of someone..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Drag Car = Old Track non/Sleeved Motor
    Track Car = High Compression, Sleeved Motor

The track car did go out today, and it sounds like it had no issues.. time will tell.. but I still think it was the sleeves.. why the sleeves failed could have been an installation error, could have been some other issue.. I haven't spent any time looking into it as I haven't had any spare time.
    i knew i got that wrong lol. see... the non sleeved is still kickin!

your right .. time will tell. but they can afford a new block every season if it does go

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

this is all second hand so i could be wrong (yet again) but i don't like the way i was told jason tunes. full tilt and then work your way down whereas john starts small and works up. if true, thats tremendous shock on a motor. i guess youll know right away if you got installation errors if jason tunes it lol.

im just glad your driving it again man!!!!!!!!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112