Close

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thats a first we agree on something lol.. VF is trash. There are a couple local guys around me good dudes but they get butt hurt when i say that there tune is trash.. They talked so much $#@! on AA alpha n tune look now there on there 3rd try. There was a thread im pretty sure awhile ago on vfforum about AA and ESS cracked or read there tune and it was bogus..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Thats a first we agree on something lol.. VF is trash. There are a couple local guys around me good dudes but they get butt hurt when i say that there tune is trash.. They talked so much $#@! on AA alpha n tune look now there on there 3rd try. There was a thread im pretty sure awhile ago on vfforum about AA and ESS cracked or read there tune and it was bogus..
    My friend Bob from NJ also had an VF sc kit on his car, and guess what his motor had issues as well. Frikken crappy honestly. I wouldnt buy a bolt from them.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

To bad they are still selling kits.. m3forum only allows positive things to be posted. Hardware is ok i guess i still wouldnt want it for free.. Giac does some good stuff.. I dont understand why there bmw kits are ieds waiting to explode..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Didnt AA and ess read there tune and came to the conclusion it was $#@!.. VF stands for very $#@!ed.. Way back when i was looking into a sc kit i called them to ask some questions i was treated so rude because i was not buying the kit that day... Sorry i wanted some info before i hand over money.. There is big VW seen where i live all i hear from those guys is VF is trash.. Only on m3forum is something good said everything else is deleted.. If i had a VF kit i would just get a active tune i think 2 people have done that.
    I would like to see the ACTIVE tune work on a VF M3. Someone here tried the active tune on their VF STG 2 and it doesnt work right!

AA is an EXCELLENT company and always had a good product.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tom @ eas Click here to enlarge
    Our e92 M3 project is running stellar, and going in for final tuning at GIAC this week - but not the topic of this thread. However, again - you're making assumptions.
    How are you going to say that^ and they follow with this?

I believe that's a question you should be asking VF directly - not me.
    No problem talking about positive things, but when called out on a VERY BIG lie, you have nothing to say?

Maybe you can ask Nik and get back to us on the following question:

Why did VF LIE to everyone about creating a NEW tune and testing it for two years when all they did was use the same tune and simply unplug the MAF, all without much testing at all?

There's no reason you can't be happy with your current setup, but please take notice that not all M3 owners see the world through your eyes and you need to learn to accept that.
    You see, that is the problem, more people need to see how horrible the VF kit and customer service is before they are stuck in the situation many people have unfortunately found themselves in. If it wasn't for M3F, you guys would be nothing. The only way you and VF can sell kits is to HIDE the truth. How $#@!en SHADY!

Instead of arguing on forums, get some data on your new setup and let's talk garage . It can be done on a friendly level.
    Hitting the track this week, hoping for 10's and 138+ traps, this, at the same track where my motor blew from the VF kit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tom, what are your comments on the 9 verified blown motors? Fluke?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

To bad they are still selling kits.. m3forum only allows positive things to be posted. Hardware is ok i guess i still wouldnt want it for free.. Giac does some good stuff.. I dont understand why there bmw kits are ieds waiting to explode..
    M3forum is a joke with shady deals behind the scenes but we all know that.

HPF kicked out and VF allowed to run the forum? Are a couple staff members getting hooked up really worth that much? Plus, you guys all saw that joke of an admin get kicked the $#@! out. Wonder how much he was cashing in on the side from all that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Tom, what are your comments on the 9 verified blown motors? Fluke?
    Don't drag Tom into it, he isn't Nik or GIAC and it isn't his fault. It also isn't his fault VF is located close to EAS and it just made sense for them to use VF for their project car.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    I see no admission from VF in those quotes, regardless, there is some mis-information, conjecture and speculation in this thread, that I don't care to invest the time in discussing, as it's been discussed quite a bit at length. People will believe what they want regardless of what is presented to them.

I understand some of the anger and frustration, especially with Mike and his situation. However the facts are, THERE IS A TUNE, you can argue whether you think it's good or not, but to say there isn't a tune is simply not true.

Two highly regarded BMW tuners have already stated that there is a tune, enough already on this specific topic.
    Just to be precise, I don't think these tuners said there was a tune, they just verified that it is POSSIBLE to ENCRYPT the file. Those two tuners never even tried to read VF's tune as far as I remember.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There have been successful applications and remember GIAC is not doing the hardware installs. Seems issues were due to a combination of factors.
    Sighhhhhhhh

Here is what I posted in a thread located here:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...6#post11765266

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpired Click here to enlarge
    If you are a VF customer having issues, getting the usual run around from VF, have had or have a blown motor caused by a VF kit, please contact me.

You DON'T HAVE TO SIGN ANY AGREEMENTS THAT VF PUTS IN FRONT OF YOU!!!

Here is a list of blown motors we KNOW OF to date:
    (who knows how many we don't know of yet)

Ravi - VF Stage 2 - VF Blamed Oil Catch Can for cause of motor failure - True cause: BAD TUNE

Tom Pham - VF Stage 2 - VF attempted to blame faulty O2 Sensors for cause of motor failure - True cause: BAD TUNE

Drippabmw - VF Stage 2 - VF attempted to blame faulty O2 Sensors for cause of motor failure - True cause: BAD TUNE

Carboncooch - VF Stage 2 - Unknown lies by VF to attempt to blame customer - True cause: BAD TUNE

Imapimp - VF Stage 2 - Unknown lies by VF to attempt to blame customer - True cause: BAD TUNE

GlenM3 - VF attempted to blame pre-existing damage due to nitrous - True cause: BAD TUNE

MSpired (3 Motor Failures!) - VF Stage 2+ - VF blamed pre-existing damage, then a fuel line T-Fitting - True cause: BAD TUNE, Unknowledgeable staff

Bitsnbytes - VF Stage 2 - VF attempted to blame that the motor was blown prior to VF supercharger - True cause: BAD TUNE

Person X (wishes to remain anonymous) - Unknown lies by VF to attempt to blame customer - True cause: BAD TUNE

More data:

For those that keep saying, "Well, VF has sold many kits, this is just a drop in the bucket"...

Based on a thread on M3Forum that is taking a roll call of the owners of the various VF kit's that the users own:

37 Active Users Running a VF Kit
    14 of which are Stage 2 owners
    2 of which are Stage 2.5 owners
    2 of which are Stage 3 owners

So, we have seen 9 blown motors out of 23 total active stage 2 owners/users.

Let's even say there is 7 more stage 2 lurkers that didn't post up and claim their spot on the roll call thread. That's 9 failures out of 30, a 30% failure rate so far!

That's based on the blown motors that WE KNOW OF, who knows how many more are out there that are either not on the boards, signed an agreement not to speak about what happened to them, or what seems to be the most common reason for remaining silent; not wanting to devalue their own VF kit which they spent so much money on.

How many of these people that have been fortunate enough to not blow their motors either:

-Don't drive their cars hard?

-Have a meth kit installed?

-Run 93 octane or better fuel?

-Live in a cool climate

Or all of the above?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How are you going to say that^ and they follow with this?

No problem talking about positive things, but when called out on a VERY BIG lie, you have nothing to say?
    You asked about my project build - in which I politely responded to. I haven't lied once in this thread or forum, nor intend to as I have absolutely nothing to gain from doing so.

Maybe you can ask Nik and get back to us on the following question:

Why did VF LIE to everyone about creating a NEW tune and testing it for two years when all they did was use the same tune and simply unplug the MAF, all without much testing at all?
    You can call up VF or even GIAC for the matter and and get the answers you require yourself.

Your opinion does not state facts. If you are not an experienced tuner or have access to analyzing code - I don't believe you're qualified to make this assumption.

You see, that is the problem, more people need to see how horrible the VF kit and customer service is before they are stuck in the situation many people have unfortunately found themselves in. If it wasn't for M3F, you guys would be nothing. The only way you and VF can sell kits is to HIDE the truth. How $#@!en SHADY!
    Bimmerfest proved this wrong - there were 18 VF Engineering cars in our booth, and more throughout the show, all enthusiastic to participate and proud of their BMWs. However, I have no interest in turning this into a pissing contest.

Hitting the track this week, hoping for 10's and 138+ traps, this, at the same track where my motor blew from the VF kit.
    Great, I hope to see your results on another thread soon so we can see how your M3 did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    My friend Bob from NJ also had an VF sc kit on his car, and guess what his motor had issues as well. Frikken crappy honestly. I wouldnt buy a bolt from them.
    Can you please PM me your friends contact information?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    I would like to see the ACTIVE tune work on a VF M3. Someone here tried the active tune on their VF STG 2 and it doesnt work right!

AA is an EXCELLENT company and always had a good product.
    I REALLY think some VF owners need to get together and contact AA for a group rate on a custom tune for their VF kit. All they would need is one local car to them to create the tune.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Don't drag Tom into it, he isn't Nik or GIAC and it isn't his fault. It also isn't his fault VF is located close to EAS and it just made sense for them to use VF for their project car.
    Why not? They are clearly in cahoots with VF; very much so in fact. They are harboring the criminal...

They are to blame almost as much as VF if they continue to push VF's product.

Yes, EAS and VF are local to each other, but this is 2010, people do business internationally with ease; location isn't really a factor... EAS can easily sell ESS, HPF, and probably AA just as easily if they wanted to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your opinion does not state facts. If you are not an experienced tuner or have access to analyzing code - I don't believe you're qualified to make this assumption.
    I am 100% positive about what I have said, and I don't ever say I'm 100% unless I am sure. I urge you to not question how I know this, it will not look good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Why not? They are clearly in cahoots with VF; very much so in fact. They are harboring the criminal...

They are to blame almost as much as VF if they continue to push VF's product.

Yes, EAS and VF are local to each other, but this is 2010, people do business internationally with ease; location isn't really a factor... EAS can easily sell ESS, HPF, and probably AA just as easily if they wanted to
    This is a dangerous line of thinking and it is not fair to go down this path without *ANY* proof.

All you know is that EAS gets hooked up on VF stuff early and does testing early, that is it. It doesn't mean EAS is some kind of VF subsidiary or vice versa.

Location is a huge factor when dealing with hardware, that doesn't really ever change.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

I am 100% positive about what I have said, and I don't ever say I'm 100% unless I am sure. I urge you to not question how I know this, it will not look good.
    Mike, this is a bit ridiculous. You are not 100% sure and do not have proof of what you have stated. Tom has directly answered your questions yet you refuse to accept his answer.

We all understand your perspective but you are a bit over-zealous in your comments regarding VF and are applying this same perspective with a very broad scope affecting people who perhaps should not be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Just to be precise, I don't think these tuners said there was a tune, they just verified that it is POSSIBLE to ENCRYPT the file. Those two tuners never even tried to read VF's tune as far as I remember.

Sighhhhhhhh

Here is what I posted in a thread located here:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...6#post11765266
    I find it very interesting that almost every affected car is a VF Stage 2. Not sure where those users are located but I wouldn't be surprised if the issue was the VF stage 2 with too much boost on 91 octane.

No doubt Nik made a mistake with his view on meth with 91 octane and is paying for it dearly, as he should be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Mike, All im going to say is you are making this way over personal! Leave the past in the past, we get what happened with VF and how they are etc etc.

You moved on to a GREAT tuner, HPF! FINISH!

Just enjoy your car!

EAS is a good company and a serious one! If YOU think they have made a mistake with this partnership with VF well honestly and respectfully its none of your business brother. This is an EAS decision and they will reap the profits or suffer the losses like in any other business decision (depending on the outcome).

Now go do some runs in your BEAST and enjoy your car Click here to enlarge

Tom @ EAS Thank you for your input and next time i come over i would love to have a look at your wicked E92 M3. Cheers.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Can you please PM me your friends contact information?

I REALLY think some VF owners need to get together and contact AA for a group rate on a custom tune for their VF kit. All they would need is one local car to them to create the tune.
    He is a member on here, and his name on here is switlikbob. Also if you need a contact for AA I can help you with that as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is great information. It is amazing what a sponsorship (example vf and m3forums) will do to the actual truth of the matter. Money changes everything these days...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    This is great information. It is amazing what a sponsorship (example vf and m3forums) will do to the actual truth of the matter. Money changes everything these days...
    that is sad forum owners get paid off to make sure the forum goes in the direct the vendor wants. that will end up killing that forum in the long run. Any time a forum decides to do something like that it leads to failure. No forum should follow that example.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that is sad forum owners get paid off to make sure the forum goes in the direct the vendor wants. that will end up killing that forum in the long run. Any time a forum decides to do something like that it leads to failure. No forum should follow that example.
    Money talks and The truth walks....Almost always... Sad but devine...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Money talks and The truth walks....Almost always... Sad but devine...
    Some have a belief that someone is keeping record of such evils. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some have a belief that someone is keeping record of such evils. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Will these record serve any justice ? When?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Will these record serve any justice ? When?
    That can not be said for certain, but what goes around comes around for some odd reason when it comes to ill deeds towards the humans who have been ripped off hence this thread is a form of it coming back to them is it not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

ejaz i believe it was drippabmw could be wrong on user name but 1 vf car blew its motor. Vac rebuilt the motor and AA tuned the car.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast