Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    I think all the stuff they do are customs and not kits.

Can you bring them here? would be really cool to have them here. Those dudes do everything but no one heard of them, that's the type of men i like (no homo).

@George Smooth are they local to you?
    I think they sell in kit form on the S54. I know they got agents in the UK and have seen videos a while back. Not sure how DIY it is though.
    Engineering seems to be a big barrier in the US. A manifold designed from scratch will have a four day turn around time here. It seems ppl involved in cars in the US are better at business and marketing but worse with product. They need to get some south Africans or swedes over.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    meh, you guys shouldn't be surprised. hpf's 'engineering' has always stunk. rhd s54 turbo outlets, this mani, ecu connectors, meth failsafes, wastegate flex couplings, turbo selection, etc.

see past the marketing.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What? This is just a stupid statement.

Who else has done a RHD S54 turbo? Uh, nobody.
    $#@! man, don't forget o2pruv's car.

I can explain the other points if you'd like.

sounds like a mod sticking up for a vendor in this thread. get it? sticking up? ok that was lame. $#@! it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was about to mention O2PRUV Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Tell me about 02PRUV, he sells a RHD kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

What? This is just a stupid statement.

Who else has done a RHD S54 turbo? Uh, nobody.
    Tell me about 02PRUV, he sells a RHD kit?
    No, but he has 'done' one. he lists Hitech Motorsports as the turbo kit builder. now you can admit you were wrong, mmkay?

http://www.hitechmotorsport.net.au/p...arger_kits.htm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Latest word on it from HPF...interested to see what they come up with.

Guys, this IS ONLY a rough design for testing and Tuning. The production line WILL be HPF Quality and will perform perfectly.

Have some faith, They just wanted to provide progress for you.

the HPF Manifold may not Look as nice as some others out there right now, But this design will perform and is designed this way for a good reason.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

No, but he has 'done' one. he lists Hitech Motorsports as the turbo kit builder. now you can admit you were wrong, mmkay?

http://www.hitechmotorsport.net.au/p...arger_kits.htm
    How am I wrong if it isn't a kit?

Ok, people have done custom setups. I don't believe anyone else sells a RHD turbo kit, mmkay?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Latest word on it from HPF...interested to see what they come up with.
    That guy is the customer, who drove his car to HPF a few years ago for the single turbo work and still wants to believe in HPF.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    That guy is the customer, who drove his car to HPF a few years ago for the single turbo work and still wants to believe in HPF.
    Should he not?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Should he not?
    We know you are very patient (when will your car be done btw?) but c'mon, this is just beyond ridiculous. Not only did they get beat by the competition, but they haven't even come up with a decent solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    We know you are very patient (when will your car be done btw?) but c'mon, this is just beyond ridiculous. Not only did they get beat by the competition, but they haven't even come up with a decent solution.
    Well do we know what the agreement is between the guy and HPF? My delay was not because Gintani was sitting on the car doing nothing for 3 years.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Should he not?
    No. If they overcome the hardware, the main problem will be remained as before and that's Shiv's part. IMO that problem never get's solved.

And what's special about the HPF kit? Shiv's mani looks better and i'm pretty sure he did a better job in tuning Vishnu's kit compared to HPF's kit. If we were talking about a unique setup, like SS twin scroll manifold and custom flash tuning, then it would be something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

No. If they overcome the hardware, the main problem will be remained as before and that's Shiv's part. IMO that problem never get's solved.

And what's special about the HPF kit? Shiv's mani looks better and i'm pretty sure he did a better job in tuning Vishnu's kit compared to HPF's kit. If we were talking about a unique setup, like SS twin scroll manifold and custom flash tuning, then it would be something.
    Hold on, neither kit is for sale yet. Secondly, HPF's kit will likely mirror Shiv's. Clearly HPF and Shiv have a deal going. Shiv did some changes, they worked, now HPF is making some changes.

HPF will choose their suppliers, Shiv will choose his, everyone makes money, everyone is happy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Hold on, neither kit is for sale yet. Secondly, HPF's kit will likely mirror Shiv's. Clearly HPF and Shiv have a deal going. Shiv did some changes, they worked, now HPF is making some changes.

HPF will choose their suppliers, Shiv will choose his, everyone makes money, everyone is happy.
    Yeah, but at the end HPF will have a much higher price tag.

As i said, nothing special in HPF's kit over the-probably-cheaper Shiv's kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Don't want to start an argument with you, but what tells you Shiv and HPF have a deal going? HPF announced they would use the Procede quite some time before Shiv's kit was even revealed. Now wouldn't this have been a great marketing oportunity for Shiv, boasting that a reputable company like HPF plans to use the Procede?

Well, UNLESS he knew that their design was a failure! And if said "deal" was indeed real, wouldn't he then have tried to point HPF in the right direction to get their setup working? That's what a proper business partner would do. The mere fact that he developed his own kit tells me that such deal is non existant.

For the N54 community I hope HPF get their setup running, as competition is always good to make things progress.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

As i said, nothing special in HPF's kit over the-probably-cheaper Shiv's kit.
    You are coming to a premature conclusion. Let's get all the specs, pricing, and then judge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Don't want to start an argument with you, but what tells you Shiv and HPF have a deal going?
    HPF is using Vishnu for tuning, they HAVE to have a deal going for that and secondly they both know they are working on single turbo kits. They likely don't pretend like they aren't when on the phone discussing business.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

And if said "deal" was indeed real, wouldn't he then have tried to point HPF in the right direction to get their setup working? That's what a proper business partner would do. The mere fact that he developed his own kit tells me that such deal is non existant.
    I would say the fact HPF is redesigning their manifold AFTER Shiv got his design working tells me there is a mutual exchange taking place. I don't think Shiv making a kit is proof that there is not collaboration or even collusion.

Two kits. One tuning solution that is shared. You really think the overlap was not discussed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

For the N54 community I hope HPF get their setup running, as competition is always good to make things progress.
    HPF will get it running, the continued updates and using a tuning solution already working with a single turbo is testament to that.

However, this is not true competition. True competition is when there is another tuning solution.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Should he not?
    Yes, he should believe that even HPF will get it done finally by learning from their mistakes and copying others, yes.
    If he believes that the manifold "is designed this way for a good reason" , no, he should not believe that. Until he understands that the "good reason" is just a quick hack now to get it running.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Yes, he should believe that even HPF will get it done finally by learning from their mistakes and copying others, yes.
    If he believes that the manifold "is designed this way for a good reason" , no, he should not believe that. Until he understands that the "good reason" is just a quick hack now to get it running.
    I don't get it, why fault them for progress? You really think that is the manifold he will get on his car?

You guys are way too critical over the internet. Copying others, whatever, everyone will eventually be doing similar things to get the single turbos working and the approaches will diversify from there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I don't get it, why fault them for progress? You really think that is the manifold he will get on his car?

You guys are way too critical over the internet. Copying others, whatever, everyone will eventually be doing similar things to get the single turbos working and the approaches will diversify from there.
    Any progress they make in whatever way is good. Having too high expectations is partially the people's own fault. I can see from the posts that the expectations have been adjusting lately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Any progress they make in whatever way is good. Having too high expectations is partially the people's own fault. I can see from the posts that the expectations have been adjusting lately.
    Exactly. HPF didn't put a gun to the guys head.

It has taken as long as it has taken. Did anyone else have this done 3 years ago? Nope, this single turbo stuff literally just happened.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Maybe sticky and hpf have a 'deal'.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Maybe sticky and hpf have a 'deal'.

Click here to enlarge
    Guess it comes down to "vendor HPF" vs "guest Vishnu" Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast