Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 41 of 41
  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    33
    Rep Points
    42.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The sweden car is not a M3, atleast if your talking about the red one. The red car looks to have started out as a standard 3 series and then someone dropped a S50 into and obviously a lot of other mods.

    It may be a faster 3 series but its not a M3, therefore Jasons record stands for fastest M3.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    UC - San Diego
    Posts
    128
    Rep Points
    108.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    the yellow one, not the red one

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...=907601&page=2

    If you read reply number 30 you see the track in Sweden is NHRA approved .
    This is Andreas(PPF Sweden) who build the M3 E46 turbo
    Thanks but I need more than a random post to go on regarding NHRA approval. Was it approved at the time the car was run?

    Timing systems in Europe differ a bit from our own due to number of timing lights at the end of the 1/4.

    I'm not doubting that car is quick by any means.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -227.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    PPF certainly don't mess around. They have a 67 Mustang with a S38 TT in it, it runs 6 point something in 1/4 mile iirc.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    159
    Rep Points
    -40.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thanks but I need more than a random post to go on regarding NHRA approval. Was it approved at the time the car was run?

    Timing systems in Europe differ a bit from our own due to number of timing lights at the end of the 1/4.

    I'm not doubting that car is quick by any means.
    This is a brand new track called Tierpe Arena and off course it was NHRA approved. NHRA tracks have the same timing that is why it is a NHRA approved.
    I have seen a few pictures of this track,it looks very nice.

    The lights are maybe different on some tracks all over the world but if it is a NHRA track the timing itself is the same

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    This is a brand new track called Tierpe Arena and off course it was NHRA approved. NHRA tracks have the same timing that is why it is a NHRA approved.
    I have seen a few pictures of this track,it looks very nice.

    The lights are maybe different on some tracks all over the world but if it is a NHRA track the timing itself is the same
    I see, so this new track is approved. But the original run with the supposedly quickest E46 from Sweden was on a track that was NOT NHRA approved, correct?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -227.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I see, so this new track is approved. But the original run with the supposedly quickest E46 from Sweden was on a track that was NOT NHRA approved, correct?
    No, this is the same track.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    103
    Rep Points
    0.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I see, so this new track is approved. But the original run with the supposedly quickest E46 from Sweden was on a track that was NOT NHRA approved, correct?
    I hope to go to this track in Sweden this summer.
    That gold M3 E46 made that 10sec time slip at the new track which is NHRA approved.
    This car is build en tuned by Andreas Arthurson(PPF) and he has build many high horsepower BMW engines.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    It's about time. What a shame that the last few years with all the HPF kits running around and nobody dialed in the traction to nail these sort of times.

    Although some of the 60-130 times from HPF cars are very sexy, it's a shame none of those on the road hit the 10's yet.

    Great work!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    No, this is the same track.
    Ok, but that doesn't mean it was NHRA approved at the time. We would need a date...

    There seems to be a misunderstanding here as people are mentioning a new NHRA approved track?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    62
    Rep Points
    60.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Guys, this is just a start of where this is headed. The car HAD E.T. Streets on it, and were ready to go to the track, however, I was worried about breaking the driveshaft, so I opted out and put the M/T E.T. Street 2's on the car (left the front runners on). If you don't think the M/T E.T. Street 2 is a street tire...your wrong...I drove to california on a set, with zero concerne, and zero issues. It's a street tire...PERIOD...it's not a hoosier...it's a STREET tire.

    The next time out, (provided the driveline holds) the e.t.'s will be in the 9's! Click here to enlarge I'm not worried about any HPF car! Click here to enlarge

    Saad (of Supra fame) is the one driving the car, the car however is my car. I do the tuning, so I choose not to drive because the feedback I get driving sometimes conflict with the data I get, and I also do the chassis setup...so it's easier for me to watch the car leave, than it is to drive! Click here to enlarge

    As for the guys in sweden, they can have the quickest e.t. for now....they were on Drag slicks, with drag wheels, and aftermarket seats...mine is on street tires with a FULL stock interior etc.... and in 6 passes we got the car to within .004 of them. So it's all good we got the mph, and there is ALOT still left in power for us! Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -227.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ok, but that doesn't mean it was NHRA approved at the time. We would need a date...

    There seems to be a misunderstanding here as people are mentioning a new NHRA approved track?
    Andreas said it was a approved track when he set the record. I don't have any dates though...

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jason S. Click here to enlarge
    The car HAD E.T. Streets on it, and were ready to go to the track, however, I was worried about breaking the driveshaft, so I opted out and put the M/T E.T. Street 2's on the car (left the front runners on). If you don't think the M/T E.T. Street 2 is a street tire...your wrong...I drove to california on a set, with zero concerne, and zero issues. It's a street tire...PERIOD...it's not a hoosier...it's a STREET tire.
    They are a drag radial. DOT approved is technically a street tire but this is a compound designed FOR THE DRAGSTRIP. Nobody ever gets street tires and drag radials confused when they are both mentioned. Why would you run a drag radial if a street tire was good enough?

    You left it ambiguous on purpose but glad we were correct. You should mention drag radials when they are used or else it is misleading.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Andreas said it was a approved track when he set the record. I don't have any dates though...
    I don't know either. This is why I hesitate on European records and tracks not that I discount them.

    It is just easier to say this is the US record for now.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    740
    Rep Points
    453.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't know either. This is why I hesitate on European records and tracks not that I discount them.

    It is just easier to say this is the US record for now.
    Doesn't matter now.. they just went 10.54.. so they are now the fastest irregardless. Jason said they feel pretty confident they are a few tweaks away from the 9's.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ccsykes Click here to enlarge
    Doesn't matter now.. they just went 10.54.. so they are now the fastest irregardless
    You mean regardless btw. That is awesome, looking forward to the details on that run.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •