Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 158
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    241
    Rep Points
    174.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    cheaper and better? does not go together/
    Yup... basically he got taken for a ride. Technik abandoned the project half way through. RMS wasn't doing any work on the car and the owner finally got fed up came down picked up the car and dropped it off at Gintani.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monster135 Click here to enlarge
    This project was started by Technik/RMS who wanted to mass produce a DME based turbo kit to compete w/ HPF. After months having his car laying around at RMS and nothing getting done, he came down picked up the car and dropped it off at Gintani. Once there, Gintani stripped down the car (removing anything RMS) and replaced everything down to the exhaust system. They tried tuning it on the DME, but were having issues so they switched to an AEM standalone.
    1. The car was worked on while at rms
    2. Gintani is using the exhaust manifold that RMS put on the car.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    1. The car was worked on while at rms
    2. Gintani is using the exhaust manifold that RMS put on the car.
    Any pics of it?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    left lane
    Posts
    934
    Rep Points
    218.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Any pics of it?
    I would love to see this as well... Hopefully delivery will follow..
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    I would love to see this as well... Hopefully delivery will follow..
    Come guys , PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX PIX
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    I agree, someone needs to go over there and take some pics.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    I agree, someone needs to go over there and take some pics.
    Do you have pix of the RMS turbo manifold? I remember back in the day RMS was going to make a e36 TURBO manifold.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    left lane
    Posts
    934
    Rep Points
    218.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    was it similiar to the steedspeed mani?
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    was it similiar to the steedspeed mani?
    I think it was not. Lets wait for the pix if they ever come from anyone.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    I agree, someone needs to go over there and take some pics.
    Why wouldn't you have pics of it?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why wouldn't you have pics of it?
    Maybe he has to look for them? Why doesnt Gintani have pics? We have only been asking for them for days now. Someone local go to Gintani, and ask Alex if you can take afew pics of the awesome manifold. Alex is a nice guy, and I'm sure he will allow it.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Maybe he has to look for them? Why doesnt Gintani have pics? We have only been asking for them for days now. Someone local go to Gintani, and ask Alex if you can take afew pics of the awesome manifold. Alex is a nice guy, and I'm sure he will allow it.
    Gintani doesn't really post on the forums, you may need to go down there yourself as "locals" probably have other priorities. Next time I'm there, whenever that may be, I'll snap pics.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why wouldn't you have pics of it?
    Because I fail and I didn't take any pics. I have a spare flange here I could take a picture of. But that's no fun without the manifold. Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    241
    Rep Points
    174.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    1. The car was worked on while at rms
    2. Gintani is using the exhaust manifold that RMS put on the car.
    I spoke w/ Alex while I was at shop a few weeks ago. He told me they stripped the car down completely. Removing everything RMS put on the car down to the exhaust system.

    Two, the owner himself and his GF both confirmed that the reason they removed the car from RMS was the lack of progress, i.e. the car wasn't being worked on and he got fed up.

    We can go back and forth all day...

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monster135 Click here to enlarge
    I spoke w/ Alex while I was at shop a few weeks ago. He told me they stripped the car down completely. Removing everything RMS put on the car down to the exhaust system.

    Two, the owner himself and his GF both confirmed that the reason they removed the car from RMS was the lack of progress, i.e. the car wasn't being worked on and he got fed up.

    We can go back and forth all day...
    We all know why the car was removed, it was because RMS did not deliver and there was no progress, exactly as you stated. They got fed up, car ended up at Gintani, these are the facts.

    Now, I haven't spoken with Alex about the car in a while but he did state the car was in terrible shape and that they basically had to start over.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    241
    Rep Points
    174.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We all know why the car was removed, it was because RMS did not deliver and there was no progress, exactly as you stated. They got fed up, car ended up at Gintani, these are the facts.

    Now, I haven't spoken with Alex about the car in a while but he did state the car was in terrible shape and that they basically had to start over.
    Exactly... Thank you Click here to enlarge

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venice CA
    Posts
    654
    Rep Points
    568.9
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Just saw alex rip down oxnard in sevans car. Sound $#@!ing sweet and that thing flies. Click here to enlarge

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    241
    Rep Points
    174.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Just saw alex rip down oxnard in sevans car. Sound $#@!ing sweet and that thing flies. Click here to enlarge
    Can't wait to see it

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Just saw alex rip down oxnard in sevans car. Sound $#@!ing sweet and that thing flies. Click here to enlarge
    Saw it rip down the 101, yes it does.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    241
    Rep Points
    174.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    It's alive I tell you.. ALIVE!!!!



    Congrats to Alex and the rest of the crew at Gintani for getting this beast up and running!

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    ^ Ok... car is pretty damn strong.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    241
    Rep Points
    174.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    ^ Ok... car is pretty damn strong.
    Yeah glad to see the car up and running... hopefully this will finally shut a lot of the haters up.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,481
    Rep Points
    32,155.2
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monster135 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah glad to see the car up and running... hopefully this will finally shut a lot of the haters up.
    For a week until they find some other stupid thing to hang on to next. The haters expected this car on their schedule.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    2,357
    Rep Points
    768.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Who was hating. Most people including myself just did not see this happening on stock dme. I happy the car is up and running. Gintani seems to be stepping it up I really like there e92 sc. Looking for to more stuff. There e46 Dakar yellow is sweet to. They should post on here more.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    241
    Rep Points
    174.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Who was hating. Most people including myself just did not see this happening on stock dme. I happy the car is up and running. Gintani seems to be stepping it up I really like there e92 sc. Looking for to more stuff. There e46 Dakar yellow is sweet to. They should post on here more.
    Not saying you, but a lot of people were flapping their gums on E46fanatics a few weeks back... now hopefully they'll shut their trap.
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •