Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fontana closed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Fontana closed?

I heard they were shutting down Fontana due to some lawsuit? Anyone else heard anything?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Where did you hear this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another forum, just thought it sucked I went there awhile back and seemed like a cool track. Heard they gotta get an EIS done before they're allowed to reopen. But people talk alot so who knows thought maybe one of y'all might know more.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Another forum, just thought it sucked I went there awhile back and seemed like a cool track. Heard they gotta get an EIS done before they're allowed to reopen. But people talk alot so who knows thought maybe one of y'all might know more.
    Fontana in California?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Fontana in California?
    Only one I know of.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Site shows drags going on all year. No mention of cancellations.
    http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/Tick...-Calendar.aspx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Moved to regional, let's see if we can clear this up.

I wouldn't shed any tears over Fontana but I don't see how it could be closing. It is a huge facility and holds Nascar races.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If it holds Nascar races, we know it's not going to close.

Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Closed. It will probably reopen if they can meet some new requirements but it's fact for now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Closed. It will probably reopen if they can meet some new requirements but it's fact for now.
    Really? wth.. this just happened in the past 10 hours?
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We need some links or details.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    We need some links or details.
    http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/Tick...b-Dragway.aspx

Apparently they have to build a 1700ft sound wall so it may be awhile unless they win some sort of appeal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Apparently they have to build a 1700ft sound wall so it may be awhile unless they win some sort of appeal.
    As usual, residents $#@!ed it up for everyone.
    '
    I love how people say to take to the track when they keep closing tracks because people don't want "noise"

A Superior Court has suspended operation of the Auto Club Dragway. The suspension results from a successful challenge of a San Bernardino County sound standard by a group of concerned residents. San Bernardino County officials had approved an amendment to the County Sound Standard in 2010 to accommodate louder sound arising from races at the Dragway. The Superior Court found that the underlying Environmental Impact Report which the County relied on to approve the sound standard amendment was not sufficient.

We are currently reviewing the court ruling and evaluating our options moving forward. We hope to have more detailed information about our future operations at the Dragway soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The race I was at this weekend had a new curfew due to residents complaining, however that track was there before anyone else had built in that area. It's absurd that they could shut down a business like that all of the sudden. It's a death blow probably.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

How the $#@! did I miss that?!
    I stand corrected.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WOWOWOW $#@!ing residents. That $#@! is so far away from almost anything. That $#@! is in butt$#@!. Damnit.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The race I was at this weekend had a new curfew due to residents complaining, however that track was there before anyone else had built in that area. It's absurd that they could shut down a business like that all of the sudden. It's a death blow probably.
    Putting a drag strip next to an airport is likely the best way to go. How is it residents can't shut those down?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Funny thing is, there is a train that runs along the track. Why are they not complaining about the noise it creates Daily? Track events are just a couple times a month?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Funny thing is, there is a train that runs along the track. Why are they not complaining about the noise it creates Daily? Track events are just a couple times a month?
    Oh man, VERY good point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I $#@!ing hate $#@! ass people like that. $#@! man, it pisses me off so bad - they all probably drive pussy ass Eco-fag cars............

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did the thought cross their mind it would be loud, uh, when the moved next to a venue that hosts NASCAR races?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is a community at the East end of the track - must be those people who are complaining. But that train runs behind them too....a lot harder to reroute a train than shut down race track.
    Funny....these people don't realize how it hurts their community to lose businesses that generate revenues for the town. People are such simple minded egotistical $#@!s. But what can you expect from a bunch of rednecks in a trailer park ? There is a reason they live where they do. Meanwhile...drive through that neighborhood and all you see is RV's and loud ass polluting 2 stroke ATV's that they take out to Glamis on the weekends. go figure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I need to figure out how to open a track.

There is a ton of gold to mined, I just have to find where to put the mine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I need to figure out how to open a track.

There is a ton of gold to mined, I just have to find where to put the mine.
    Tracks are sick, I want my own track too.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Tracks are sick, I want my own track too.
    Yes but I am not trying to daydream here but seriously do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast