Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    So they found out they ordered the wrong compressor....I put down the phone, got in my car, drove down there...then this happened Click here to enlarge

No seriously I just laughed and said stop focking around and get my damn car complete. However, yes they did set me back even more by ordering wrong compressor. By the time she comes back it will have been 4 months just due to me demanding cold A/C on my nuts.

The largest cause for all the downtime outside of the original exhaust leaks, is the fact that they don't have any of the freon charging equipment in-house. They rely on some old guy at a place nearby who had back surgery blah blah. Well car is sitting at that shop all back together and just needs to get finished charging up with freon is what I'm told. I told my guy, "Well hopefully the old fock doesn't want to stare at my car for more than a week and finishes the damn freon charge to get it out of there and then I can have her back."

I'll probably have A/C by 2011. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by highboostingm3 Click here to enlarge
    The largest cause for all the downtime outside of the original exhaust leaks, is the fact that they don't have any of the freon charging equipment in-house. They rely on some old guy at a place nearby who had back surgery blah blah.
    This doesn't sound all that good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This doesn't sound all that good.
    Click here to enlarge Nope. Well the car came back to SFR today. Another A/C leak after all that. I am not happy about it. I could have been driving the car for almost 4 months if I gave up the A/C, but it is important to me so I waited. Now it's like I have waited so long that I have to see it through. It's just that even though I don't know much about custom A/C lines, it doesn't seem very acceptable to have so many freaking leaks. Let's hope it's something minor like the o-ring and this will be it. Arrrg.
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Nope. Well the car came back to SFR today. Another A/C leak after all that. I am not happy about it. I could have been driving the car for almost 4 months if I gave up the A/C, but it is important to me so I waited. Now it's like I have waited so long that I have to see it through. It's just that even though I don't know much about custom A/C lines, it doesn't seem very acceptable to have so many freaking leaks. Let's hope it's something minor like the o-ring and this will be it. Arrrg.
    It doesn't take 4 months to sort out the AC, and in the hot weather, you need it, period.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Cam do not weep, and it will not beep. A/c is important if you want a happy human sitting next to you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It doesn't take 4 months to sort out the AC, and in the hot weather, you need it, period.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Cam do not weep, and it will not beep. A/c is important if you want a happy human sitting next to you.
    ALright so here is the main issue. They have been relying on this douche around the corner to do all testing and freon charging, etc. because they have none of the A/C equipment and have no training for it. They just found out sort of by accident that the douche's freon detector (used for detecting leaks) was never owrking over the last 4 months. All the guy from SFR (the a/c guy didn't figure this out mind you) had to do was say, "Why don't we spray freon onto the tester and see if it even detects that?" Sure enough it didn't do shiat.

So the car is being taken over to another A/C shop where the guy really knows wtf he is doing and has confirmed his freon detector works. I went down there yesterday to put the new reg sticker on the car and sat in it. Oh man I want to drive her so bad. I hope they can now get the last of the leaks fixed for good so I can have her back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

EH... just leave it there.
    Driving is overrated anyway and gas prices in the Golden State have to be extravagant.

Its not like you guys even NEED AC, jesus
    Click here to enlarge
    milkt org

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

ALright so here is the main issue. They have been relying on this douche around the corner to do all testing and freon charging, etc. because they have none of the A/C equipment and have no training for it. They just found out sort of by accident that the douche's freon detector (used for detecting leaks) was never owrking over the last 4 months. All the guy from SFR (the a/c guy didn't figure this out mind you) had to do was say, "Why don't we spray freon onto the tester and see if it even detects that?" Sure enough it didn't do shiat.

So the car is being taken over to another A/C shop where the guy really knows wtf he is doing and has confirmed his freon detector works. I went down there yesterday to put the new reg sticker on the car and sat in it. Oh man I want to drive her so bad. I hope they can now get the last of the leaks fixed for good so I can have her back.
    Man does this sound like a Dirt11 problem runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn away. That will prevent future weeping, and nashing of teeth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I can't believe you are having all of these issues with your a/c system. This goes to show there are many lackluster $#@!s claiming that they are qualified to work on cars, and actually don't know their ass from their elbow. It's a shame. One would think that in Cameron's neck of the woods there would be more than a few competent a/c guys.

How's everything else with your car? When are you planning on working some "tune revision" action?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by milkt Click here to enlarge
    EH... just leave it there.
    Driving is overrated anyway and gas prices in the Golden State have to be extravagant.

Its not like you guys even NEED AC, jesus
    Ummmm...without a/c lately it got up to 107 one day here and I'd be in a pool of butt sweat. Vaders don't like butt sweat.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Man does this sound like a Dirt11 problem runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn away. That will prevent future weeping, and nashing of teeth.
    Well the A/C lines are custom along with the fittings. It's not like they are stock lines. Not making excuses, it's lame it has taken this long but hopefully soon the a/c will be fixed or I will pull it out of the shop and drive it anyway since it will be getting colder.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by switlikbob Click here to enlarge
    I can't believe you are having all of these issues with your a/c system. This goes to show there are many lackluster $#@!s claiming that they are qualified to work on cars, and actually don't know their ass from their elbow. It's a shame. One would think that in Cameron's neck of the woods there would be more than a few competent a/c guys.

How's everything else with your car? When are you planning on working some "tune revision" action?
    There are other places I could take it to but I am not paying for any of this. I have had the choice of pulling the car and taking it to some A/C place which would charge me by the hour and then probably point the finger at SFR since they might not be able to figure things out due to all the custom stuff in there when they are used to stock cars. So I'd probably just end up with a big bill and not a working A/C anyways. So I chose to wait it out and SFR owes me a working A/C which I originally paid for. All this leak stuff and recharging is out of their pocket, otherwise things would be very different.

Hey at least I post the truth even though it sucks. Most people wouldn't even post this $#@!.

Everything else seems to be great on the car. Once I either have A/C or the temps come down during the day I will drive her and have some fun. TRM still needs time before they can get to doing an 80lb tune. Until then I'd like to have some fun with her and do some videos. Luckily winter here is perfect for boosting unlike the Northeast where guys need to store their cars over winter. So really I am heading into the better season for me anyway since the car will actually make more power.

I also have some body modifications planned for changing the rear bumper and fitting the BBS on the car finally as well. We will see how much I fall in love with her once driving her though. I might not want to give her up to the body shop because I'm having too much fun with her.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Man dcvee from bimmerforums.com did an awesome job on my a/c lines. Sucks to hear you are getting f'd around by that shop passing the blame. I hope to the setup you have been waiting for out in the open raping others soon. Also nice surf pics. I trained you well. ;-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cam, I didn't know that you had a shop that you already paid to do this work. I would do the same thing...get what I paid for. Good luck with her, once she's on the road Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234