Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Atco 2/26/2012 Results

A couple fellow enthusiasts got together to put the bench racing to a halt to see how we stack up in the realworld

Im # 0569
    Airfilter, Turner Test pipes, Exhaust Cut-outs
    @ultimateendz is # 0174
    Stock

6MT E90 M3 is # 6161
    Airfilter, Turner Test pipes, custom rear exhaust

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Some Videos

As it turns out, im 1 MPH faster with the exhaust cutouts closed, and I shift just as fast and accurate in S6 as the DME does in D5

We also has a N55 335xi show up, not sure of those times, but FBO.

Also, VBOX is just about spot on for 1/4 mile results from Atco
    "

--------------- Run 0001 ---------------
    Time 15:22 Date 26/02/2012
    Accel results
    Speed(mph) Time(s)
    0-60 199.9
    0-100 199.9
    Accel Distance results
    Distance() Time(s) @speed(mph)
    0-0' ---- ----
    0-330' 06.1 67.4
    0-660' 09.0 89.3
    0-1320' 13.4 113.2

"

"Accel results
    Speed(mph) Time(s)
    0-60 199.9
    0-100 199.9
    Accel Distance results
    0-0' ---- ----
    0-330' 06.0 63.1
    0-660' 09.0 87.1
    0-1320' 13.5 112.4
    "

""--------------- Run 0002 ---------------
    Time 16:08 Date 26/02/2012
    Accel results
    Speed(mph) Time(s)
    0-60 04.5
    0-100 10.1
    Accel Distance results
    0-0' ---- ----
    0-330' 05.7 69.5
    0-660' 08.5 90.5
    0-1320' 12.8 114.3

MPH seems accurate, but ET is off by very little
    Last edited by LostMarine; 02-26-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    that M3 can def move...at least i bested motor-trend and inside lines stats for the caddys 1/4 mile (12.5@115)....and i think next time i will have much better times now that i know I have a DS mode...Click here to enlarge

here is my other slip......im 0174 again and the left is a cts-v sedan who let me know about our DS mode...lol....from the 1/8 and 1/4 trap speeds it looks like i was slowly reeling him in

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    that M3 can def move...at least i bested motor-trend and inside lines stats for the caddys 1/4 mile (12.5@115)....and i think next time i will have much better times now that i know I have a DS mode...Click here to enlarge
    yes, reading the manual FTW!

Launching a DCT is no easy task. I couldnt even brakestand. The first couple runs i tried and it was too much, so I had to just sit at idle and floor it when the lights popped.

Get your launch down and easily a 117-118 in there.. same if i had sticky tires, i bet 116-117 would be no problem..
    videos didnt turn out "too" bad though huh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    yes, reading the manual FTW!

Launching a DCT is no easy task. I couldnt even brakestand. The first couple runs i tried and it was too much, so I had to just sit at idle and floor it when the lights popped.

Get your launch down and easily a 117-118 in there.. same if i had sticky tires, i bet 116-117 would be no problem..
    videos didnt turn out "too" bad though huh?

the vids were great...i just need to learn how to drive...lol

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good vids, sorry I couldn't get down... Spent some family time with the Mrs and dog today in New Hope.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    great times, atco is def a fast track (faster than englishtown)....the dct and ctsv are definitely hard to launch, but those 60 ft's are low enough that I doubt the trap will increase with a better ET for the M3 (the ctsv def can attain a higher trap stock). Shocked that the M3 with only a cat delete was able to hold off the ctsv most of those runs - awesome videos i wish i would have came....

steve did you see the difference between DCT and 6MT now? lol......my boy bart was there and his times didnt come near your times and you have the same mods......should have the car fixed by next weekend, the IAT sensor and suspension bits will be installed next saturday so ill be heading to atco sunday prob

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    great times, atco is def a fast track (faster than englishtown)....the dct and ctsv are definitely hard to launch, but those 60 ft's are low enough that I doubt the trap will increase with a better ET for the M3 (the ctsv def can attain a higher trap stock). Shocked that the M3 with only a cat delete was able to hold off the ctsv most of those runs - awesome videos i wish i would have came....

steve did you see the difference between DCT and 6MT now? lol......my boy bart was there and his times didnt come near your times and you have the same mods......should have the car fixed by next weekend, the IAT sensor and suspension bits will be installed next saturday so ill be heading to atco sunday prob
    yea, i have some vids of it but need to hold off on posting. Im not fully convinced though. its the same situation as my first run with Dan, we are the same mph in reality, but a $#@!ty launch and he took off on me, he ran 115 to my 112 and pulled buslengths.

I couldnt launch at all, it was basically from idle and a 3-4ft rollout, you can hear this in the vids, and kinda see it. with stickier tires i KNOW it has at least 1mph more in it. If i didnt have 1/2 tank of gas i wanted to add some racefuel to see if that helped.

IIRC, you added some to like a 1/2 tank as well when you ran 116?

I was eager for you to come down, not so much for the track, as its more driver and traction dependent, but so i could take it for a spin to guage it all myself.

I should be ok for next sunday, but i cant gurantee it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I had DCT I think i'd have to get linelock. Would be great to have the ability to lock the front wheels in order to get a perfect burn out/launch and it's pretty cheap. It can be tricky to get that power down when it isn't just sitting right above idle like these single cam cars.

Great runs everyone
    Alpha ///N - YouTube: 95CSL
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice results wish i could have made it out but my brothers g35 would be no fun...I might be able to make sunday if i am back from the city.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea, i have some vids of it but need to hold off on posting. Im not fully convinced though. its the same situation as my first run with Dan, we are the same mph in reality, but a $#@!ty launch and he took off on me, he ran 115 to my 112 and pulled buslengths.

I couldnt launch at all, it was basically from idle and a 3-4ft rollout, you can hear this in the vids, and kinda see it. with stickier tires i KNOW it has at least 1mph more in it. If i didnt have 1/2 tank of gas i wanted to add some racefuel to see if that helped.

IIRC, you added some to like a 1/2 tank as well when you ran 116?

I was eager for you to come down, not so much for the track, as its more driver and traction dependent, but so i could take it for a spin to guage it all myself.

I should be ok for next sunday, but i cant gurantee it
    yeah when I ran 116 I threw in a gallon or two of racefuel with my 93, but it was also like 80 degrees out - if I ran it in the cold like we have now I know i would be trapping 118-119. Your car has alot of potential to run a 12 flat right now if you can get on sticky tires and use LC, im really impressed.

I spoke to roman and my situation might just be that I need a software update from ESS - hes going to talk to sal and were going to figure it out tomorrow. Either a software update or were going to change the IAT sensor or both. I really want to hit up ATCO in racetrim soon (with this cold weather) to see if i can get over 130. If a vt1-535 dct trapped 125 I'm pretty sure with 100 more hp I should be able to break 130, well see though...

btw for best results leave the car in full auto D on max setting - I was stubborn and always wanted to shift it manually but the full auto is the way to go for best results !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm rooting for ya, but I really don't see 130+ in the future, but I haven't been in the car yet so I cant be sure.

I tried D5 , both mdm and dsc completely off, I'm the fastest, both et and mph with S6 and dsc off. A little harder, but faster.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm rooting for ya, but I really don't see 130+ in the future, but I haven't been in the car yet so I cant be sure.

I tried D5 , both mdm and dsc completely off, I'm the fastest, both et and mph with S6 and dsc off. A little harder, but faster.
    yeah im always going back and forth between D5 and S6 - I like S6 more. Anyways, based on my experiences with a stock ZR1 I should be hovering right around 130 so well see - I'm getting Brembo BBK soon so I have to ditch the MT1/NittoNT555R drag setup for a bigger wheel, so if your interested let me know theyll fit perfect on your car!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    yeah im always going back and forth between D5 and S6 - I like S6 more. Anyways, based on my experiences with a stock ZR1 I should be hovering right around 130 so well see - I'm getting Brembo BBK soon so I have to ditch the MT1/NittoNT555R drag setup for a bigger wheel, so if your interested let me know theyll fit perfect on your car!

lol....i just found out i have DS...better times coming soonClick here to enlarge

like LM said..."Reading the manual FTW!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LM - In MDM mode with a 114 trap on stock tires, just leaving the line at idle with full throttle launch will net a 1.8-1.9 and do 12.5@114 all day. You were overthinking this track visit. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looked like fun. Wish i would have know about this as i picked the 5.0 on saturday. Im itching for some baselines lol. Id probably loose every race cause it bone stock but i would curious to see if i can get 12.9 or lower out of her.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    Looked like fun. Wish i would have know about this as i picked the 5.0 on saturday. Im itching for some baselines lol. Id probably loose every race cause it bone stock but i would curious to see if i can get 12.9 or lower out of her.

lets just say i had an AWESOME time with trying to get ANY traction out of my caddy....Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    lets just say i had an AWESOME time with trying to get ANY traction out of my caddy....Click here to enlarge

Ive done 2 or so launches in the 5.0, and on pos all season tires the thing hooks like a dragster compared to my 135i which was useless under 60 lol, then again its alot slower as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    LM - In MDM mode with a 114 trap on stock tires, just leaving the line at idle with full throttle launch will net a 1.8-1.9 and do 12.5@114 all day. You were overthinking this track visit. Click here to enlarge
    huh? not sure what your saying. this car is much harder to launch than i anticipated, so i will give credit to those before me.. BUT, you have to be able to get the car to do the best it can, with your foot. given the traction available, there was no getting better than what i did.

I did 12.5@115 with mdm on, 12.5@115 with MDM off, both all with 2.1 60's

@Laloosh we may be going again this sunday.....

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    12.5 @ 115 sounds like decent traction to me. I maybe down for sunday, I really want to run at atco during the day, I think once temps drop, sun goes down, traction really goes down hill.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2.1 60's isnt that good though, i was cutting 1.9s on them in the 335... same EXACT wheels and tires

since according to Sticky's theory of tq multiplication, i should have been able to do the same Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    2.1 60's isnt that good though, i was cutting 1.9s on them in the 335... same EXACT wheels and tires

since according to Sticky's theory of tq multiplication, i should have been able to do the same Click here to enlarge
    I don't think his tq multiplaction included idle wot starts lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol, wasnt WOT though, had to ease into it as aggressivelly as i could, which was barely nothing. look at the vids, they were slow 60s not because i was spinning too bad, its because i couldnt give it throttle to get going for the first 5 ft, because i would have been spinning..

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dunno, mabye the tires simply dont work at colder temps or the track prep was $#@!ty. You saw me struggle last time out, its pathetic there sometimes. That stupid water box HAS to go imo, but it wont, so you have to just deal with it on street tires.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes - but your runs vary too much. I don't see a second 12.5 run there.

There is no reason to eliminate MDM mode on street tires and also no reason to go over 2.0. You won't hook better. That mode sorts everything for you. Otherwise the cars are useless. And it's not just the 60 ft. It helps beyond that. My car will eek 3rd and 4th in this weather.

huh? not sure what your saying. this car is much harder to launch than i anticipated, so i will give credit to those before me.. BUT, you have to be able to get the car to do the best it can, with your foot. given the traction available, there was no getting better than what i did.

I did 12.5@115 with mdm on, 12.5@115 with MDM off, both all with 2.1 60's

@Laloosh we may be going again this sunday.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Yes - but your runs vary too much. I don't see a second 12.5 run there.

There is no reason to eliminate MDM mode on street tires and also no reason to go over 2.0. You won't hook better. That mode sorts everything for you. Otherwise the cars are useless. And it's not just the 60 ft. It helps beyond that. My car will eek 3rd and 4th in this weather.
    come on down sunday, i wanna see how we stack up Click here to enlarge

I have 2 12.5@115 runs in there, a 12.8, and a 12.7 mdm suck balls man. the 6MT was using it as well and it wasnt helping him any. car # 6161. he was running what i was running on my first 2 runs with too much throttle off the line..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast