Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    A tune only CLS63 beat the 458. The M157 is going to be one hell of an engine.

But all in all, shiv's car is quick. It hasn't been up long and he was running it hard at an event.
    right, props to getting a BT up and running, but lets not overexagerate the results so far.
    in my mind, a DCT s/c m3 that trapped 129mph, put a few cars on a 458, RB turbos have gone 126 on pump/meth- 17.5 psi, 127 racefuel and bad transmission- 19 psi (as shiv was)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    right, props to getting a BT up and running, but lets not overexagerate the results so far.
    in my mind, a DCT s/c m3 that trapped 129mph, put a few cars on a 458, RB turbos have gone 126 on pump/meth- 17.5 psi, 127 racefuel and bad transmission- 19 psi (as shiv was)
    That's not a fair comparison to be honest. M3's are all about top end and highway rolls not launching from a dig and 1/4 mile drag race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    That's not a fair comparison to be honest. M3's are all about top end and highway rolls not launching from a dig and 1/4 mile drag race.

its certainly a fair comparison. VF/VAC car ran 10.6@129 to my 11.1@127 AKH ran 11.2@126 to mine. me and AKH had a few rolls and he doesnt pull, he eeks by and stays about a car, not car(S). to say one is 1/4 and one is topend is BS, ESPECIALLY against a 458 that is all about topend

s/c M trapped 129 and put 3-4 cars on a 458. SHivs 335 ran a 458 and put less than a car, if that, as from the sidelines it was even until 458 let off- TOP END

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm a little lost here. They say that 458 beat a ZR-1 and a modded Z06, and also they say that 458 lost to a tuned CLS63. Both are impossible. ZR-1 Pulls on 458, very hard. It needs a more talented than a 458 since it's MT, but unless the driver has no hands are something, i don't see a reason why a stock 458 beat it.
    And also the fastest CLS63 out there is a Renntech with tune and exhaust. It traps 4 mph LESS than a stock 458, in higher speeds the gap is bigger. So how is it happening? The altitude isn't that great to make a NA engine super weak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bull$#@! aside I don't believe his car is any faster than it was with the ASR turbos at this point. I'm sure it will be at some point. We will have to see how real customers run with it and how it compares to cpe's large twins.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    its certainly a fair comparison. VF/VAC car ran 10.6@129 to my 11.1@127 AKH ran 11.2@126 to mine. me and AKH had a few rolls and he doesnt pull, he eeks by and stays about a car, not car(S). to say one is 1/4 and one is topend is BS, ESPECIALLY against a 458 that is all about topend

s/c M trapped 129 and put 3-4 cars on a 458. SHivs 335 ran a 458 and put less than a car, if that, as from the sidelines it was even until 458 let off- TOP END
    Didn't Akash's car pull hard on your 335i in a highway roll while you had similar 1/4 mile results? Saying M3 is a top end car isn't BS IMHO.

And regarding to the 458 he ran, something is fishy about that car as i earlier stated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Didn't Akash's car pull hard on your 335i in a highway roll while you had similar 1/4 mile results
    no, not when i wasnt misfiring up top. like i said, eek out about a car on 17.5 psi/pump/meth my 126mph vs his 126mph

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Bull$#@! aside I don't believe his car is any faster than it was with the ASR turbos at this point. I'm sure it will be at some point. We will have to see how real customers run with it and how it compares to cpe's large twins.
    in that configuration, at equal boost, i concur. he pushes more boost like his glory dyno run, yea, should be faster, but thats not what happened in the vid

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm a little lost here. They say that 458 beat a ZR-1 and a modded Z06, and also they say that 458 lost to a tuned CLS63. Both are impossible.
    Modded Z06 beat the 458 by 1.5 car lengths.

Actually someone that works for Vishnu owns the Z06.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm a little lost here. They say that 458 beat a ZR-1 and a modded Z06, and also they say that 458 lost to a tuned CLS63. Both are impossible. ZR-1 Pulls on 458, very hard.
    Also according to others the ZR1 didn't lose, it just edged out the 458.

Guess we just need to wait for the videos.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no, not when i wasnt misfiring up top. like i said, eek out about a car on 17.5 psi/pump/meth my 126mph vs his 126mph

in that configuration, at equal boost, i concur. he pushes more boost like his glory dyno run, yea, should be faster, but thats not what happened in the vid
    The thing is, even in dyno glory trim it's only over 600rw for a few hundred RPM. Once they have proper control of boost and can fill out the curve he's clearly shown the single has a lot more potential. I'm sure the pressure ratio is much more favorable (I've heard RBs are at 3:1 at redline @ 18psi) making the whole thing easier to tune. It's easy to see the potential there but at the same time running 7.0 60-130 with your seats out and pulling ahead of 125mph cars on racing fuel+meth isn't exactly supra territory, and is not really any faster than say your old car or Hotrods on nitrous. I think once people drive a large single on a small motor like this in a daily format they'll better appreciate the trade offs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    New video up in OP.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    As for RBs at about 17.5psi at the intake manifold there's about 48.5psi at the exhaust manifold according to Cobb's testing, so less than 3x pressure ratio in that sense...

Shiv's posted the logs of the runs, which I appreciate, but logs are there to be reviewed and discussed...overall they look good...however, roughly measuring his 60-130 times (he has the vehicle speed in the logs) they look to be not even in the 7s..what's up with that? Anyone else can estimate the 60-130mph times from these logs he posted? Obviously, ignore the last run as he's missed the 3-4 shift, but look at the first two...

I'm not sure I'll be handing over my 60-130 record just yet lol i'm guessing if he also uses a 1.8% decline like I do and takes the seats out the times will improve but still...that's a SINGLE f* turbo, wtf!

From Shiv on e90post:
    ==============

Here are a few datalogs from the event. Not often you get to see a 160+mph datalog. No tuning was done during the entire duration of the day. All we did was run the same exact Procede map that made 585whp on the dyno at sea level. Next week we should be able to support 650-675whp with the addition of a 3bar MAP sensor. We were desperately trying to get it installed and set-up by this event but shipping from Germany wasn't as expeditious as we hoped!

vs. Supercharged Z06:
    Click here to enlarge

vs. Ferrari F458:
    Click here to enlarge

vs Porsche 996tt (missed 3rd to 4th shift):
    Click here to enlarge

==================
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no idea how to calc 6-130 from those, but i do know how to read that he is over 20.5 psi on some of those runs, and more than just a spike Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I only see 20.4-20.6 psi peak. Plenty of room left. Hopefully everything holds up well when they start getting into some real boost pressures!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually someone that works for Vishnu owns the Z06.
    Also according to others the ZR1 didn't lose, it just edged out the 458.
    So basically the Z06 beat the ZR-1?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think he has done 60-130 in 7.0s a few days back, but did not run as much boost now. That would explain why he beat the non-boosted 458 by slight margin only.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So basically the Z06 beat the ZR-1?
    Yea Roberts Z06 beat the ZR1. A girl was the owner/driver of the ZR1 and it had a my little pony taped to the hood. She was really cool and was out there raging with the guys all day. It was a epic race between her and Robert. Robert's car was running extremely well all day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A chick with a Zr1, I need to marry her. PS, so what happened with the 800 whp vette vs Shiv's 335. How did Shiv win?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    A chick with a Zr1, I need to marry her. PS, so what happened with the 800 whp vette vs Shiv's 335. How did Shiv win?
    The Vette owner posted he blew that run, but later in the day picked up another 30mph and I think was one of the fastest cars there?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    On another forum, the owner said it was a fresh build. His first seat time was the drive to the track. He was having major traction issues according to him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea, corvette wasnt pushing it against shiv. Here's that corvette racing for the tuner trophy, took second.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    vette was coming on strong right before the finish... Another few seconds and it would have came back.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This is how much power my buddies vette made today on the dyno Dzenno and I use.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateracing335i Click here to enlarge
    This is how much power my buddies vette made today on the dyno Dzenno and I use.
    Holy Balls!

What all done?
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast