Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Runway results

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Runway results

Hey guys,

Just got home from the long drive back from Trona "airport". I'll use the word "airport" loosely as it's really just a badly paved road covered with gravel in the middle of nowhere. Click here to enlarge It's around 2000' and temps were in the 70s so it was definitely not ideal racing weather, but still very fun. The 135i was run in the same trim as at the track a couple weeks ago only on 3/4 tank of 98 octane, heavier driver, and I left the baby seat in. Click here to enlarge

Anyway I had a great time out there. The field was packed with very fast cars including six N54s. There was a Cobb FBO, two JB4 FBO+meth, two procede FBO+meth, and then Shiv had his large single turbo car there. We were all on race gas.

As many who have been following this event know the main reason a few of us went out was to line up with "SIKH" and settle the quickest stock turbo N54 score. Unfortunately, apparently, his car broke down somewhere in Bakersfield and wasn't able to make it to race. Which was very disappointing to Hotrod, and Eric (480rw C63), and myself as we were looking forward to running him. Oh well maybe next time. Click here to enlarge

With so many cars there I was only able to get six races in from 9am to 4pm. The quickest was against Eric's C63, which trapped 123mph at Famoso, and it was a very close race. I had maybe 1-2 cars on him at 150mph but we started at 50mph which favored the N54 power curve a bit more. Also the elevation up there probably slowed him down more than it did our cars. No doubt we'd be neck and neck at sea level with a 40mph start.

In another race I put a nice multi-car beating on an ESS M3 Stage1 supercharged manual car driven by PencilGeek, who was a very good sport about it.

For some reason the other N54s were not very interested in running the 135i Click here to enlarge but "Mr Cobb" (Cobb fbo+race gas) was a very good sport and lined me up once on meth and once on map 2 without meth. On the meth run he pulled a 30FF code half track screwing up our run. We checked for leaks and didn't find any, I think it's just that under targeting issue they have manifesting itself more at higher elevation.

More interesting was the non-meth race. I used map 2 which has given similar dyno results to the Cobb S2+ Aggr. Granted, my car is at least 250# lighter, and the 98 octane is better than the 93 octane I normally dyno on, but it's always been on par with the Cobb S2+ Aggr on the dyno. At the track though JB4 map 2 really walked away. I'll post up a poorly recorded iPhone video later.

I was looking forward to racing Shiv but for whatever reason it didn't happen. When I first arrived he was in the pit area with all the other N54s but after the first run he relocated his car to the "expensive car" area with the Ferrari's, etc. I guess they make for better company. Click here to enlarge I did see it run a 458 and beat it by a nose so no doubt he's running close to 130mph at the moment.

Anyway met some very cool people and had a great time. I have a few photos and logs I'll post up later. This is the first time I've been able to do multiple logs to 150+mph at this elevation and it was very interesting. Actually it's been awhile since I've been much over 135mph with the car especially on a bumpy road like this so the adrenaline was definitely pumping the first couple of runs. Click here to enlarge Also lots of people there took videos so hopefully a few of those include our N54s.

Here's a photo of my 135i being violated with an e90post sticker. Apparently they were event sponsors and their crew went around to every car asking if we'd put a sticker on. I don't think they knew who I was. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Here is a video of Shiv racing that Corvette. I heard it misshift a couple times. Couldn't see who was ahead at the end from where I was standing.

Video of Stage2Drew pulling ahead of Longboarder (procede, fbo+meth). Drew's car was hauling all day. I know Longboarder had some close races with David running JB4 fbo + meth, can't wait to see those videos!

Our 135i JB4 Map2 fbo vs. 335i Cobb fbo. The 135i itself is lighter but the driver of the 335i is at least 75# lighter than I am. Click here to enlarge Can't really see the distance with my poor iPhone work. Maybe 3-4 cars at the end?

Last edited by Terry@BMS; 02-26-2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: Listed PG's car as dct but its actually manual. Must have misheard him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so much win in that post right there!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge great times! post up those vids, would love to see them
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Did any of the N54's run the stage 3 M3's? I know shiv didn't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mmmm...a beat down on an ESS stage 1 M3 (w/ dct).

Doesn't ESS routinely advertise 520+whp dynos for that kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wasn't Sikh's car getting the single too? Did his single build break?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Mmmm...a beat down on an ESS stage 1 M3 (w/ dct).

Doesn't ESS routinely advertise 520+whp dynos for that kit?
    I don't know much about it. I think they called it a "535" kit. He could have shifted better during our run. He also raced some other N54s but I didn't see how those races went. When I lined up against him I didn't know he had a supercharger and was expecting to put a few bus lengths on him. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn west coast is so much better than the east..
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I don't know much about it. I think they called it a "535" kit. He could have shifted better during our run. He also raced some other N54s but I didn't see how those races went. When I lined up against him I didn't know he had a supercharger and was expecting to put a few bus lengths on him. Click here to enlarge
    Yeah that is the non-intercooled kit. They have posted a couple different dynos of 520+whp.

Apparently the Stage 3 ESS M3 (drew's) did not make it to the event.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seems like a really great event and I'm really jealous of your beatuful weather!
    It makes me happy to see that you American guys finally are doing something outside the 402 m strip. Click here to enlarge

But you really need to have a cameraman in all the cars, because the videos I've seen so far has absolutely not been the best ones...
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I wish the east coast would have something like this, very cool!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

terry buy one of these cameras, I use it on mykart and car and is the best of the best

http://es.gopro.com/products/?gclid=...FUEMfAodSUxlfQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@!ing bimmerpost stickers?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ha.....where's the Bimmerboost stickers?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    $#@!ing bimmerpost stickers?

Terry is going off trackClick here to enlarge

before Terry was always first, always now he is gaining segundo.shin all ...

I hope that will change soon...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Ha.....where's the Bimmerboost stickers?
    Over here somewhere. I'm going to bed, crying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Over here somewhere. I'm going to bed, crying.
    Yah, you lost out.
    Why weren't you there in the first place?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice runs! looks you guys had a blast! And i see karma caught sikh!
    JB4+usb | BMS OCC | P3 Vent Boost Gauge v2 | BMS DCI | AMS FMIC | AR xi CL DP's | BT Tool | ER CP + Forge DVs | Cyba Quad Exhaust tips | M-Tech Rear & M3 Front Bumpers | Cyba Red Air Scoops | Blacklines | Vinyl Overlays | ACS Roof Spoiler | Matte Black Grilles | LED Side Mirrors | Rear Euro Fogs | Matte Black Window Trim | 30% Tints | Sports & Winter package | Black Leather Int. | Aluminium Trim | & a few other things...Tuned by: Burger Motorsports.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice results terry...thats pretty sad that Pg didn't win against a Fbo meth 135.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shiv@Vishnu
    From Terry I presume. You should know better. The 458 beat supercharged m3s, a srt10 and I believe even a zr1. The only cars it couldnt compete against were the 900+hp Porsches and GTRs. But no one could. Some were hitting close to 200mph at the end of the 1/2 mile. Terry was barely hitting 140 and had to trailer his car there. Funny how is spending so much time talking smack about the cars we beat. He really should try to build himself up instead of trying to knock others down.
    lol what?

Our 135i has never been on a trailer. I drove down from Simi Valley (~200 miles) and even took Longboarder to dinner with my missing seats! And after the race I had so much extra fuel in the car I made it home without having to stop for gas. Map8 FTW. I hope you're joking on the 140 as I had a VBOX in the car for almost every run. It was hitting around 152mph at the cones (speedo was showing ~160), and averaged 9.4 60-130. Much slower than I get down here at sea level but good for the conditions.

On the 458 I saw it lose twice and when you beat it some guys under the tent were laughing it's been getting rapped all day. If the guy had some wins no disrespect to him. Click here to enlarge

PS. No disrespect to your car either it was running fine. I'd guess in the low 500rw range.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 02-26-2012 at 12:23 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    Seems like a really great event and I'm really jealous of your beatuful weather!
    It makes me happy to see that you American guys finally are doing something outside the 402 m strip. Click here to enlarge

But you really need to have a cameraman in all the cars, because the videos I've seen so far has absolutely not been the best ones...
    I know a lot of the cars I raced had camera systems so hopefully we'll get those videos, and the event people were also doing various filming.

Here is me vs. a tuned E63:

And the best race of the day against a very fast tuned C63:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    nice results terry...thats pretty sad that Pg didn't win against a Fbo meth 135.
    I was thinking the same thing....
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What was the DA that day? It would have been nice if an event like this, they bring out a portable dyno (I.e: dynojet, mustang, etc). Since you will definetly see that All motor/muscle engine torque will vary big time from sea-level, compared to a forced fed engine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    lol what?

Our 135i has never been on a trailer. I drove down from Simi Valley (~200 miles) and even took Longboarder to dinner with my missing seats! And after the race I had so much extra fuel in the car I made it home without having to stop for gas. Map8 FTW. I hope you're joking on the 140 as I had a VBOX in the car for almost every run. It was hitting around 152mph at the cones (speedo was showing ~160), and averaged 9.4 60-130. Much slower than I get down here at sea level but good for the conditions.

On the 458 I saw it lose twice and when you beat it some guys under the tent were laughing it's been getting rapped all day. If the guy had some wins no disrespect to him. Click here to enlarge

PS. No disrespect to your car either it was running fine. I'd guess in the low 500rw range.
    Looks like Shiv is having selective memory. Looks like Robert from Vishnu in his Z06 beat the 458 by 1.5 car lengths. Others saw the ZR1 edge out the 458.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    What was the DA that day? It would have been nice if an event like this, they bring out a portable dyno (I.e: dynojet, mustang, etc). Since you will definetly see that All motor/muscle engine torque will vary big time from sea-level, compared to a forced fed engine.
    DA was around 3000'. Definitely advantage for the turbo cars there.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast