Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mo's M5 refersh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Cool Mo's M5 refersh

The owner of this 2006 M5 E60 is a dear friend of mine and wanted to sell his car when he realised its the only 4 door sedan he owns. His current cars are a 2 door silverado and Lambo LP560-4 Spyder + the M5 E60.

So after i had delivered his Tubi Race exhaust for the LP we started talking about his car. Basically his car was incomplete (mods) and so I recommended a refresh. I recommended the following maintenance and mod items:

New OEM Clutch
    NEW OEM LCI Tails
    BRUCE MIRANDA Cables (ricky Mod)
    New OEM front control arms
    Full Fluid Change
    Eibach PRO KIT
    RPi Block Off Plates
    AFE DRY PRO S Drop in filters
    EVOLVE STG 2 tune to replace his $#@!ty SUPERCHIPS tune

The car already has EVO SPORT HEADERS and RPI scoops and cat back. Body mods include VIS hood, Front lip, CF trunk, DPE Wheels. Im sure Mo will drop in to add anything I've missed.

So here are the pics.......

OEM Clutch kit
    Click here to enlarge

Eibach Pro Kit
    Click here to enlarge

Resting and waiting patiently.....
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

RPi Scoops
    Click here to enlarge

DPE's
    Click here to enlarge

VIS CF Hood, Needs alignment.....
    Click here to enlarge

This car will look and feel like new once I'm done with it the following week. Most of the parts are here, just the lights and control arms should be here this week. I hope Mo will love his car once more and love the new found power and smoothness. Click here to enlarge

Work on it starts tomorrow. Im so excited Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Replacing the clutch was a $#@! for me lol. It was so hard to do that i burnt the old clutch when i could finally pull it out.
    Great list you chose man Click here to enlarge

BTW, what's with the dusty cars bro?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Replacing the clutch was a $#@! for me lol. It was so hard to do that i burnt the old clutch when i could finally pull it out.
    Great list you chose man Click here to enlarge

Have had dusty weather bro. Nothing we can do about it. cleaning cars makes them more to swirls n scratches when you have dust storms week lol
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

im still coughing up dust from my last trip in that area, 3 yrs ago..

Love reading your updates man, always detailed and informative

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im still coughing up dust from my last trip in that area, 3 yrs ago..

Love reading your updates man, always detailed and informative
    LOL Yeah tell me about the sand. My cars JB, Thats the main reason it doesnt get driven as much.

UPDATE:
    BRUCE MIRANDA CABLES on the way, Should be thursday. Hopefully I can show you guys some work done on the car as the problem is the front control arms and some other parts SHOULD be in this week from the BMW dealership. Stay Tuned
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

UPDATE:

Here are the new OEM LCI Tails.......

Click here to enlarge

Have to admit they look gorgeous and will be a welcome change to refreshing the rear end on the car.

Another thing were gona do is replace the VIS hood with the OEM JB hood. It'll give the car a more sexy sleek look and the fitment will be OEM. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

show pics when you pull out the stock clutch...

Is his car a manual or SMG?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    show pics when you pull out the stock clutch...

Is his car a manual or SMG?
    His car is an SMG US Spec. I'll def post pics of the clutch as it was slipping so hence a new clutch kit.... Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Heres a video to explain the LCI tails Ricky Mod:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hello everyone.. thought to take a minute to introduce myself to everyone my name is Mohamed, but a lot call me mo. 0-60 Motorsports introduced to this forum to follow up with my build thread... I'm looking forward to meeting you all and being an active member in this community.. My current rides: LP 560 Spyder (just picked it up today after installing the Tubi Race Click here to enlarge video will be posted shortly) E60 M5 as you see on this thread Click here to enlarge and my DD a GMC sierra 1500 single cab.

About the E60.. 0-60 Motorsports missed a few parts Click here to enlarge I also have an evosport pulley, and RPI oil cooler.. Exterior other then mentioned I have a hartge rear diffuser. Interior is carbon fiber overlay with Revozport flat bottom steering wheel with carbon fiber top and bottom with alcantara sides. Will get a photoshoot done once this is ready

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by moe b Click here to enlarge
    Hello everyone.. thought to take a minute to introduce myself to everyone my name is Mohamed, but a lot call me mo. 0-60 Motorsports introduced to this forum to follow up with my build thread... I'm looking forward to meeting you all and being an active member in this community.. My current rides: LP 560 Spyder (just picked it up today after installing the Tubi Race Click here to enlarge video will be posted shortly) E60 M5 as you see on this thread Click here to enlarge and my DD a GMC sierra 1500 single cab.

About the E60.. 0-60 Motorsports missed a few parts Click here to enlarge I also have an evosport pulley, and RPI oil cooler.. Exterior other then mentioned I have a hartge rear diffuser. Interior is carbon fiber overlay with Revozport flat bottom steering wheel with carbon fiber top and bottom with alcantara sides. Will get a photoshoot done once this is ready
    Good to see you post up Brother. Thanks for filling in the missing parts, i knew i as missing some things. Update in a minute Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

UPDATE:

Delivered some parts and then set about installing them with Allan (master tech):

Out with the Old Oem Air Filter....
    Click here to enlarge

In with the new AFE PRO DRY S replacement filters after cleaning the inside of the boxes and installing the RPi Block off plates....
    Click here to enlarge

Allan Installing the covers back after I got done cleaning the MAFs....
    Click here to enlarge

Charcoal Filters removed....
    Click here to enlarge
    ^These are actually installed in the top half of the OEM air intakes and restrict a lot of Air coming into the car.

Old Regular Tail lights out.....
    Click here to enlarge

New OEM LCI Tail lights installed....
    Click here to enlarge

The cables for the LCIs will be here in two days then I'll install them and show you guys the working tails. Also another thing I cam across was that the VIS trunk lid could not hold itself open due to the removal of OEM springs. Allan will find some softer springs and fit them to the trunk hinges so it opens like OEM but softer as this trunk is lighter. Also ordered the OEM inner trunk liner and we'll clean up the install on the trunk.

Also once the wheels are back from being refinished on Thursday we'll be able to move the car and replace the clutch and install the Eibach pro kit. Stay tuned for more updates very soon Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Good stuff man Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Good stuff man Click here to enlarge
    Yes it is Click here to enlarge I have other priorites right now otherwise I would have bought an E60 M5 or 1M or VW R32 as my DD Click here to enlarge

So......working on this car makes me happy lol Just waiting for the bloody wheels to be ready so i can go ahead and start the clutch and springs job. Oh forgot I gotta do the tune too. Gona check to see this afternoon if the DME SW is up to date, if not will update it and then read it for EVOLVE Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena
    Heh this is what I notice always as well. Would not have a black car there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

BRUCE MIRANDA Ricky Mod LCI Tail cables just arrived....

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

UPDATE:

OEM DME UPDATE. Car needed to have at least 9 control modules updated because the SW was out of date....
    Click here to enlarge

EVOLVE TUNE Process started....
    Click here to enlarge

REVOZPORT CF Steering Wheel....
    Click here to enlarge

Bruce Miranda Cables installed....
    Click here to enlarge

OEM LCI Tails. Worked perfect as soon as I plugged in the Miranda cables....
    Click here to enlarge

20" DPE S15 Wheels refurbished....
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rain Sensor turned out to be faulty so its been ordered from the www.thebmwpartstore.com. Excellent guys to deal with. Ask for Mike.

Saturday we'll be doing the clutch install and Eibach pro kit. After that I'll be having some bits n pieces on the car painted till the rain sensor arrives as we cant update certain modules on the car if the rain sensor is faulty. Stay tuned.....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Awesome Ejaz.

Do REVOZPORT carry similar steering wheel(with less CF) for E92?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Awesome Ejaz.

Do REVOZPORT carry similar steering wheel(with less CF) for E92?
    Dont know about them, but I do. I am going to make one for STICKY once his car is ready Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    I am going to make one for STICKY once his car is ready Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky doesn't need it. He said he'll give it to me as my BD gift lol Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

@Sticky doesn't need it. He said he'll give it to me as my BD gift lol Click here to enlarge
    LOL lets see what STICKY has to say about that
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    LOL lets see what STICKY has to say about that
    Ya... I say no. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Awesome build man. I need an M5 to add to my collection one day...

Maybe the owner can swap out his Evosport Headers for the ballin Evolve ones Click here to enlarge
    2002 E46 M3 6MT | Jet Black . Black Nappa | My GermanBoost Build Thread
    2009 E90 M3 DCT | Melbourne Red . Speed Cloth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by flipm3 Click here to enlarge
    Awesome build man. I need an M5 to add to my collection one day...

Maybe the owner can swap out his Evosport Headers for the ballin Evolve ones Click here to enlarge
    Yeah Mate me too. I will speak to him about the EVOLVE headers after I've finished the car. This is because the objective of this project is not to replace already modded parts with more aftermarket parts but to repair and refresh. After all I have to work on his LP 560-4 too. LOL

I think Mo will like to do the EVOLVE headers and SS Race mufflers down the line. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lucky M5 owner, Ejaz is taking care of his car Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast