Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If he's cleaver it would be $6,500 complete with fuel ,tune , etc etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its anyones guess. He did mention three different kits with three different turbos. This one is apparently the medium kit. With no one doing this yet I think he is going to charge high as people will pay. Autos are going to be another story as people have to work in a upgrade sooner or later unless the lower torque in the mid makes the box last. Manual guys will also have to add the clutch. If the kit was available for RHD tomorrow I would be willing to shell out up to US$9000 for it but that's me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I still don't get how we could have allowed fir shiv to control the single turbo market. That is not in the enthusiasts favor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^^^^^ Allowed for it unless your dumping money into R&D all you can allow is who posts and who doesn't. Bottom line is if companies would stop sitting around and copying than they would get ahead sometimes. Beyond that many have tried and he is the only one to figure out why they failed before he built his manifold. HPF tried and will only get it now after seeing Shiv's success otherwise it would have stayed a mystery. Hate Shiv all you want but all new technology is expensive in the beginning and tapers off as it becomes copied. You dislike him because he want to turn a profit after dumping money and time into R&D that's capitalism. You should hate the Pharm companies even more for it. Next time you have a cold reject the medication on principle that they charge to much. Lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    First you need to learn the art of the paragraph before you speak to me as I tend to dismiss clumps as non-sensical rambling.

Now, regarding what we could have and still can do. @ardesign had the hardware but unfortunately I had my issues with them early on and did not support or help and vice versa. Let's be honest, the tuning was the hurdle and Shiv is not the only person on the planet capable. I wish I helped more instead of being combative especially now.

AR can still do it they just need a tuner in pocket like what HPF does very well. Terry, cp-e, cobb, oe, whomever, there needs to an alternative. And all of the aforementioned are far more deserving of your dollars considering how they support and treat the community.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ^^^^^ lol your full of yourself. This is not an English class bud this is your informal forum!!! As for support you mean pay for your sponsorship. I would rather have a company work on the progression of the N54 than pay for a vendor sponsorship.

It seems you are taking the lack of sponsorship to mean that Shiv does not support the community, that's fictitious and really a tunnel vision view that only a few hold.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky,heres a example you really think the hpf kit is worth $14,000??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If HPF pays for a sponsorship then Sticky thinks Yes!!!! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FYI all Vishnu Fftec Single turbo N54 does 7.0 second 60-130.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sikh335 Click here to enlarge
    If HPF pays for a sponsorship then Sticky thinks Yes!!!! Click here to enlarge
    You completely misunderstood my post it seems. Are you educated?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brakeboost980 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky,heres a example you really think the hpf kit is worth $14,000??
    E46 is a different breed, not applicable here. Secondly, that market is better due to their involvement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^^^^^ not at all sticky I'm dumb as a stump money just falls from the sky to fund my toys. Lol. Keep making assumptions bud it will get you fairly far in life. Read the last sentence of your post I think you misunderstood what you wrote. Why would you say others are more deserving of our money when he is the first with everything on the N54 platform. He paves the way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    FYI all Vishnu Fftec Single turbo N54 does 7.0 second 60-130.
    Yep that is impressive, as the run was also with a passenger IIRC. So it looks like a 6.x time can be obtained easily. On RB cars 7 sec runs are "glory runs" in my book, with a close to max allowed downward slope, weight reduction etc...

Let's face it, Shiv has achieved something here which will profit the whole N54 platform. Of course there remain questions to be answered and we don't know how this setup will hold up in the long term.

Pricewise, I would hope it will be below the HPF tag. Their pricing seems excessive IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^^^^^ not at all sticky I'm dumb as a stump money just falls from the sky to fund my toys. Lol. Keep making assumptions bud it will get you fairly far in life. Read the last sentence of your post I think you misunderstood what you wrote. Why would you say others are more deserving of our money when he is the first with everything on the N54 platform. He paves the way.
    What assumption did I make in basing my response on your interpetation of my post as well as your grammar?

Did you seriously just equate being first with deserving of money?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^^^^^ Allowed for it unless your dumping money into R&D all you can allow is who posts and who doesn't. Bottom line is if companies would stop sitting around and copying than they would get ahead sometimes. Beyond that many have tried and he is the only one to figure out why they failed before he built his manifold. HPF tried and will only get it now after seeing Shiv's success otherwise it would have stayed a mystery. Hate Shiv all you want but all new technology is expensive in the beginning and tapers off as it becomes copied. You dislike him because he want to turn a profit after dumping money and time into R&D that's capitalism. You should hate the Pharm companies even more for it. Next time you have a cold reject the medication on principle that they charge to much. Lol.
    You honestly believe HPF would not have figured it out?

They are the ones that are creating a new intake manifold and secondary fuel system for BIG power. Lets not sell them short, in your haste to argue with Sticky.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    You honestly believe HPF would not have figured it out?

They are the ones that are creating a new intake manifold and secondary fuel system for BIG power. Lets not sell them short, in your haste to argue with Sticky.
    BIG Power? lol We're already at > 600 whp and 700 whp are just around the corner. Shiv's development shows a secondary fuel system really isn't needed on the N54. If you figure things out correctly that is, which HPF, unfortunately, hasn't been able to despite having Eric's car for R&D for a year and a half.

Why the bad blood? Gotta give credit to who deserves it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What technology? Did you really just compare Vishnu to a pharm company? WTF? He saw what didn't work for the guys who tried first. Thought about it...as many did...and corrected. There is no vast sum of money being put into R&D. It doesn't cost that much to pull a motor and mock up some piping. He already has the tuning and from what we have seen there is no unique fueling solution.

For someone who claims to be so smart you sure eat up all the $#@! that guy spews. Why do you think so many can't stand him? Don't get me wrong, he gets props for building the first functional kit where others gave up. But you are fooling yourself if you think a guy like Shiv didn't wait until he new the solution from other company's failed attempts before spending any time on it, not that that isn't a good plan, especially for a company without a history in developing full turbo kits.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $10,000 at first then the price will drop to ~8,000 when HPF has theirs ready.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    BIG Power? lol We're already at > 600 whp and 700 whp are just around the corner. Shiv's development shows a secondary fuel system really isn't needed on the N54. If you figure things out correctly that is, which HPF, unfortunately, hasn't been able to despite having Eric's car for R&D for a year and a half.

Why the bad blood? Gotta give credit to who deserves it.
    Come one now...just because shiv has gone farther than we thought on the stock fuel system doesn't mean that we won't need more fuel. It does have a limit. And it WILL run out of fuel long before a built bottom end can't take the power...at the very most. (If not just the stock bottom end which is more likely going by what every other car does) Let's be realistic here.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Come one now...just because shiv has gone farther than we thought on the stock fuel system doesn't mean that we won't need more fuel. It does have a limit. And it WILL run out of fuel long before a built bottom end can't take the power...at the very most. (If not just the stock bottom end which is more likely going by what every other car does) Let's be realistic here.
    Ok, but at some point the price to pay for additional HP becomes prohibitive.

What would you get? A Vishnu (or whatever company jumps on the bandwagon next) kit with 700 whp for $7500 (figurative price of course) or a HPF 850whp for $20000? Keeping in mind that I don't see how we could even put 700hp to the ground unless you're at the drag strip with drag radials.

So it will depend on the goals you have for the car. I'd prefer 600hp with lots of torque in the cruising power band (2500rpm) over 800hp where all the power is close to redline.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, but at some point the price to pay for additional HP becomes prohibitive.

What would you get? A Vishnu (or whatever company jumps on the bandwagon next) kit with 700 whp for $7500 (figurative price of course) or a HPF 850whp for $20000? Keeping in mind that I don't see how we could even put 700hp to the ground unless you're at the drag strip with drag radials.

So it will depend on the goals you have for the car. I'd prefer 600hp with lots of torque in the cruising power band (2500rpm) over 800hp where all the power is close to redline.
    +1 very, very well put, are you a friend of Dzenno?Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is not just simply about whp / $. You can get whp cheap by slapping a big single on your N54. Who cares.

Shiv for example offers one kit with three turbo options. Shiv runs the middle option, but the smaller turbo they are installing next has billet compressor wheel and may well cost the same if not more. The whp at low revs means quick response and is more valuable and more $/WHP. That is why RBs are a great deal (in addition to mixing well with the existing / other 335i performance parts such as DPs, Intakes etc.).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    $8499-8999 would be my guess.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    $8499-8999 would be my guess.
    I would agree here, however realistically this thing should be like 6 tops. That wont happen untill other simply undercut shiv with their hardware, the tuning side of it is a joke and he can keep that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh this definitely, so far the single looks a little laggy though...hope some more tuning fixes that. But I do expect the price will be ridiculous. Shiv isn't known for fair or competitive pricing. Guess we will see though.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast