Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Question Upgrading recommendations for E46 HK sound speakers

Hey Fellas

I have the HK sound system and just want to upgrade my front speakers and rear shelf speakers. Because i have the OEM CSL interior i do not have the rear side speakers.

Any recommendations please let post em up. Cheers.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

This is a nice, simple upgrade that fits in the stock locations and should give you exactly what you are looking for:

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/pr...-Series-Coupe/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Sorry i should have mentioned i know about BSW but am not interested in them unless they are the very last solution.

I just want someone to recommend a good component set for the front and some speakers in the rear shelf and i'll be happy.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Sorry i should have mentioned i know about BSW but am not interested in them unless they are the very last solution.

I just want someone to recommend a good component set for the front and some speakers in the rear shelf and i'll be happy.
    Would you mind telling me why you are not interested in them?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Would you mind telling me why you are not interested in them?
    I dont DISLIKE them, its just that i was wondering if there are any other solutions out there. If BSW demands a premium i would be unwilling to pay it as I think there should be other solutions in the market like using a normal component set and modding it to fit the doors. If i get desperate im gona attempt it! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    I dont DISLIKE them, its just that i was wondering if there are any other solutions out there. If BSW demands a premium i would be unwilling to pay it as I think there should be other solutions in the market like using a normal component set and modding it to fit the doors. If i get desperate im gona attempt it! Click here to enlarge
    I'll see what else I can find.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Sent an email to BSW and waiting for their reply as well. They are my LAST choice though.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

OK BSW replied by saying you gotta buy our complete kit and then sell the rear panel speakers on the forums! WRONG ANSWER BSW!

Thanks to a good member on E46F i just ordered the following:

1 x Rainbow IQ 165 CX Rear BMW 3er (E46)
    1 x Rainbow IQ 265.25 Front - BMW 3er E46 Coupe

+ shipping costs 45,90 euro

Wicked! I cant wait to get these installed, at least they'll be better than than the HK's

Also ordered some dynamat, 10sqft. Will post pics when i install.

Last edited by 0-60Motorsports; 06-10-2010 at 10:24 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In to find out results Click here to enlarge

U should take piks of install as well.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    In to find out results Click here to enlarge

U should take piks of install as well.
    I will be taking pics of the complete install process ofcourse Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Go with some CDT with some nice upstage. SOund very nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    Go with some CDT with some nice upstage. SOund very nice.
    Already bought the Rainbows and these specific ones are meant to work with the HK amp.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Glad you found what you were looking for Ejaz.

Bummer BSW wouldn't work with you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yeah i dont mind bro cos it aint my loss, its theirs! Click here to enlarge

I will do an install whenever i get a chance this month for sure. Gotta do all the other stuff for the drivetrain and suspension first.

Wait till i post up this 2010 GTi im doing Click here to enlarge Wide body.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Bumpin this up!

Never got the 1 x Rainbow IQ 165 CX Rear BMW 3er (E46) cos they were out of stock. Asked them again and they still out of stock. I DO have the fronts sitting here so i"ll probably install them this Saturday But its so frickin hot (115-120f)
    Click here to enlarge