Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 160
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Rep Points
    420.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I believe so but can't guarantee it. It won't be as fast as my car but is still going to be very strong.
    Your car is going to be there as well, but should be faster than this one?

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Your car is going to be there as well, but should be faster than this one?
    Not sure what you are asking? My car will not be there. Visited it today though, a lot of work and some challenges ahead.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zcchen Click here to enlarge
    so built internal I assume? or just a thick HG?
    i would hope built with a YSI!

    im gonna guess 670rw on a dynojet at that boost level.... maybe 680 if the tune flirts with 17psi on occasion.

    anyway, who cares....this is going to be a blast to drive....gintani is making turbo power out of a blower!
    Click here to enlarge
    i can't wait to see what that south african s65 turbo will do!




  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    im gonna guess 670rw on a dynojet at that boost level.... maybe 680 if the tune flirts with 17psi on occasion.
    It's going to be in the 700's on a dynojet with a manual easy.

    There is more in it too... I'm excited about the prospects Click here to enlarge I'm going to do my best to hit the 800's. That whp with a DCT is going to eat the other E92 M3 setups out there alive.

    Saw the car today and talked with Alex a bit. This is going to be fun based on what is being done with Brian's E90 M3 which is the car this thread is based on. I can't wait.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    i doubt a stock tranny will hold more than 82% thru the peak torque rev range.

    btw sticky - think your SSP goodies will reduce drive train loss percentages?
    itll be interesting to see yours once you have a flywheel/rearwheel graph to compare to stock tranny gintani SC's

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    btw sticky - think your SSP goodies will reduce drive train loss percentages?
    No, I don't expect drivetrain losses will change much at all. Think of it as the equivalent of a stronger clutch in an SMG car except I'm doing it with two clutches.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    i doubt a stock tranny will hold more than 82% thru the peak torque rev range.
    Stock DCT tranny? I guess, not applicable here though. Doubt anyone would do a Stage III with a stock tranny.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    No, I don't expect drivetrain losses will change much at all. Think of it as the equivalent of a stronger clutch in an SMG car except I'm doing it with two clutches.



    Stock DCT tranny? I guess, not applicable here though. Doubt anyone would do a Stage III with a stock tranny.
    wait... this M3's 6mt was massaged by SSP as well? or just an upgraded clutch?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    lol, i had to rethink what i said. i dunno how i thought a built tranny would help drive train loss...been a long weekend i guess.

    did you go with the CR that the stage 3s have or are you doing a custom CR?

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    wait... this M3's 6mt was massaged by SSP as well? or just an upgraded clutch?
    Sorry, I was just referring to my trans.

    This would have the Gintani clutch upgrade I would think.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    lol, i had to rethink what i said. i dunno how i thought a built tranny would help drive train loss...been a long weekend i guess.

    did you go with the CR that the stage 3s have or are you doing a custom CR?
    Um, I don't think all the built motors have the same compression.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    169.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Insane numbers!!
    In for more updates.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Um, I don't think all the built motors have the same compression.
    what about motors built with the YSI in mind?

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    what about motors built with the YSI in mind?
    They all likely have the same compression.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Rep Points
    420.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not sure what you are asking? My car will not be there. Visited it today though, a lot of work and some challenges ahead.
    Sorry, misunderstood your "won't be as fast as my car" comment - figured it meant your car was done and had already been tested a bit. It "won't be as fast as my car theoretically should be, when it's complete" is how I should've read it, but didn't.

    Any sort of rough, in-the-ballpark ETA for when yours will be on a dyno? End of Feb? I haven't paid a lot of attention, but I thought I saw you say it'd be done in a month, a few weeks ago.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Rep Points
    420.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's going to be in the 700's on a dynojet with a manual easy.

    There is more in it too... I'm excited about the prospects Click here to enlarge I'm going to do my best to hit the 800's. That whp with a DCT is going to eat the other E92 M3 setups out there alive.

    Saw the car today and talked with Alex a bit. This is going to be fun based on what is being done with Brian's E90 M3 which is the car this thread is based on. I can't wait.
    Sticky, why would the drivetrain percentage loss be greater for DCT or SMG cars vs. a manual? All three are using clutch(es) to hold the in-gear pull... it's not like there's a TC in the mix robbing some output. Do the DCT or SMG variants have more rotating mass than a manual?

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, why would the drivetrain percentage loss be greater for DCT or SMG cars vs. a manual? All three are using clutch(es) to hold the in-gear pull... it's not like there's a TC in the mix robbing some output. Do the DCT or SMG variants have more rotating mass than a manual?
    The DCT does have more losses than a modern manual. It has multiple plates PLUS it's a wet clutch if I remember correctly so you have the losses from spinning through the fluid.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,655
    Rep Points
    -200.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It doesn't have a wet clutch, but it does have a hydraulic pump.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    It doesn't have a wet clutch, but it does have a hydraulic pump.
    Thanks for clearing that up!

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    977
    Rep Points
    779.1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    what clutch is this 6mt running?

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, misunderstood your "won't be as fast as my car" comment - figured it meant your car was done and had already been tested a bit. It "won't be as fast as my car theoretically should be, when it's complete" is how I should've read it, but didn't.

    Any sort of rough, in-the-ballpark ETA for when yours will be on a dyno? End of Feb? I haven't paid a lot of attention, but I thought I saw you say it'd be done in a month, a few weeks ago.
    We already know the dual clutch is significantly faster than the manual so it's sort of proven, not a theory.

    Not end of Feb. I think we are easily looking at end of March.

    Something kind of big has come up that I'm surprised the other camps aren't talking about. Actually, not surprised they aren't as they want to make it seem like they are better than they are...

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    what clutch is this 6mt running?
    Gintani has a clutch upgrade for the manual.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    612
    Rep Points
    420.1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We already know the dual clutch is significantly faster than the manual so it's sort of proven, not a theory.
    No, sorry - wasn't trying to say that. Simply that "won't be as fast as my car" is theoretical at this point, since your car isn't complete.

    It will move beyond theoretical, and become factual, once your car is complete and exceeds whatever benchmarks this car lays down. Until then, it's speculative. That's all.

    Make sense?

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    No, sorry - wasn't trying to say that. Simply that "won't be as fast as my car" is theoretical at this point, since your car isn't complete.
    I suppose you could view it that way but my experience with the same mods on both transmissions as well as the total body of evidence makes it a fact in my mind. The manual won't suddenly become faster with this setup. If you need to see it for it to be proven, fine, but I don't need to go outside to take a look at the grass to know it is green.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    It will move beyond theoretical, and become factual, once your car is complete and exceeds whatever benchmarks this car lays down. Until then, it's speculative. That's all.

    Make sense?
    Sure, hope my point does as well.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, why would the drivetrain percentage loss be greater for DCT or SMG cars vs. a manual? All three are using clutch(es) to hold the in-gear pull... it's not like there's a TC in the mix robbing some output. Do the DCT or SMG variants have more rotating mass than a manual?
    Just read this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ion)-vs-Manual

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,794
    Rep Points
    31,796.7
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    318


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    It doesn't have a wet clutch, but it does have a hydraulic pump.
    The clutches are wet, don't know what you are talking about.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •