Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Favorite car under $100k

    If you had $100k of disposable income that had to be spent on a car, new or used, what would it be? I say 997 turbo.

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Moved to general automotive.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Moved to general automotive.
    Oops, sorry. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I would probably say an R8 V8 used or brand new the new GT500.

    I also think the new Cayman will be a very nice under $100k choice.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    New - GTR or F10 M5

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    169.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    GT-R, ZR1, GT500 or 997 Turbo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I would probably say an R8 V8 used or brand new the new GT500.

    I also think the new Cayman will be a very nice under $100k choice.
    What about the R8 V8 appeals to you? I can not imagine owning one unless it was a V10.
    Click here to enlarge


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by _AMG_ Click here to enlarge
    GT-R, ZR1, GT500 or 997 Turbo
    The tough part is picking only one. Which would it be?
    Click here to enlarge


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    What about the R8 V8 appeals to you? I can not imagine owning one unless it was a V10.
    That it's much cheaper to do this with:

    Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Maybe I would like to add a 2007 Gt3 Rs if used. I saw one somewhere for 96K so that would qualify.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    169.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    @Forcefed
    Probably GT-R or ZR1.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That it's much cheaper to do this with:

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...1577copy-1.jpg
    Wow. I had no clue they TT'ed the V8. Thank you for sharing that with me :bow:
    Click here to enlarge


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by questforpower Click here to enlarge
    Maybe I would like to add a 2007 Gt3 Rs if used. I saw one somewhere for 96K so that would qualify.
    Yeah, you can get a nice used one for around $100k.
    Click here to enlarge


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    Wow. I had no clue they TT'ed the V8. Thank you for sharing that with me :bow:
    That is a pic of the V10 but there are several V8 options. Check out the engine section on AudiBoost for more details.

    There is a built motor setup coming from EVOMS soon that should offer pretty big power.

    My next car will likely be either a Cayman or an R8 V8.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That is a pic of the V10 but there are several V8 options. Check out the engine section on AudiBoost for more details.

    There is a built motor setup coming from EVOMS soon that should offer pretty big power.

    My next car will likely be either a Cayman or an R8 V8.
    I saw the Heffner kit for the V8 is 25k. Pretty steep 536whp. Awesome car nonetheless. Im back and forth between GTR and 997 turbo for my next car right now.
    Click here to enlarge


  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    I saw the Heffner kit for the V8 is 25k. Pretty steep 536whp. Awesome car nonetheless. Im back and forth between GTR and 997 turbo for my next car right now.
    $25k is a hell of a lot less than it costs to build an M3 V8 and supercharge it.

    Think of it this way, you have the turbos and piping all there so if you want more than 536 whp you just need to build the motor and address the fuel system. Then 800+ whp is within reach.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    $25k is a hell of a lot less than it costs to build an M3 V8 and supercharge it.

    Think of it this way, you have the turbos and piping all there so if you want more than 536 whp you just need to build the motor and address the fuel system. Then 800+ whp is within reach.
    Very good point. You have sparked my interest.
    Click here to enlarge


  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    Very good point. You have sparked my interest.
    I may know what I'm talking about from time to time.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -228.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    @Sticky R8 V8 is a pig, get a V10.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky R8 V8 is a pig, get a V10.
    With turbos it's fine and lighter than the V10.

    I'm not getting anything yet so it doesn't matter.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,266
    Rep Points
    936.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Probably 2013 GTR
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky R8 V8 is a pig, get a V10.
    Explain
    Click here to enlarge


  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,177
    Rep Points
    933.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    when you open it up to used the choices are just waaaaaaay to much, that 997tt is 150k+ car a zr1 is 110+, and r8 is 140+

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,744
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    when you open it up to used the choices are just waaaaaaay to much, that 997tt is 150k+ car a zr1 is 110+, and r8 is 140+
    I don't see any problem
    Click here to enlarge


  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pretty sure I am in Mexico
    Posts
    918
    Rep Points
    930.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Tough choice. I am actually thinking a used Jag XKR-S. Not the best performer out there. But no one has them, they look awesome, and the interior makes Audi look like Chevy. There are actually quite a few mods available for them to. Enough to get it up to 650 whp with bolt-ons.

    Click here to enlarge
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •