Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

My ESS VT2-625: an AUTOcoture build

whatsup guys,figured I'd post a short review of my experiences with AUTOcoture Motoring and ESS. I was FBO+tune and needed more power and decided to go with ESS because of the reliability, looks, power, etc...IMHO if your going to go FI on this motor there is no other option.

In short we placed the order for the VT2-625 shortly after christmas and had the manifold and blower custom painted by IND. We also got the stack gauges and pod by IND as well. Their work is absolutely flawless and the manifold is nothing short of gorgeous.

In short, ACM is second to NONE. Sal (part owner) texted me updates every day on shipping eta, parts arriving, etc - every single step of the way I was informed of what was going on as it was happening, not once being left in the dark. Every single question was answered, especially when I had issues with my power steering. Tommy (master tech) does absolutely impeccable work - I literally tried to find something wrong with the car when it was delivered and I could not find a SINGLE THING that would even remotely irk me - every screw on the velocity stacks were facing the same way, etc... I have never seen a cleaner installation of anything on a car - the guy simply is one of the best and is hands down the only person I trust working on my car from this point forward. Never have I seen such care and attention to detail put into a build. Big shout to bart, marco, and the rest of the guys at ACM - great crew you guys have over there :thumbsup:

Down to the build itself, heres some pictures:
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Quick vid of sal delivering the car:

After breaking the kit in for 200-300 miles I decided to try my first VBOX runs with the car. I cant hook to save my life in 1st or 2nd gear, the tires just roast. On my first 60-130 run on an uphill starting in 3rd I achieved a 7.4, here is the video (make sure to watch in 720p for better clarity):

On the second 60-130 on a 2% decline starting in 3rd again I achieved a 6.9, here is the video:

keep in mind these were done with heavy bbs lm's, pump gas, full weight, and starting in 3rd. With my DR's, lightweight wheels, race gas, and starting in 2nd I have no doubt in my mind that low/mid 6's are EASILY achievable.

As for the kit itself its FLAWLESS - looks great, is quiet, and honestly drives smoother than my car when it was n/a with another tune. Car drives like stock until you demand power and then all hell breaks loose. I highly recommend ESS to anyone interested in a blower!

Once again, thanks again to ACM for everything you guys did :thumbsup:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looks good man....i def want to get some before/after runs in with you against my CTS-V stock, then with some boltons, then fully built 427 and whipple....im sure sal told you im on my way over there now since ACM latest acquisition Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks brotha, yeah def just let me know im always done for some runs - good luck with the build!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    thanks brotha, yeah def just let me know im always done for some runs - good luck with the build!

thanks man.... currently looking for a closer engine builder than Illinois...lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sweet dude, lets get some dyno numbers cause that 7.4 is freakin fast!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wanna see how ultimate and ERm matchup now.. should be good

ERM, get a dyno.. but if you want, make the trip down here and use the DJ I use. If you want to validate and eliminate any questions, this would be your best bet as a few of us with different setups use it and its neither heartbreaker or ego booster.

Actually, even better, since im "stock" you get get a good baseline from my car and yours, same day. I can put the stock filter back and keep exhaust cutouts closed for a legit comparo... let me know, its pretty cheap and you can have it for as long as you like. IIRC, for a full day it costs about $200,

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Sweet dude, lets get some dyno numbers cause that 7.4 is freakin fast!
    screw dyno #'s!! i like real world results better lol.....6.9 is my personal best thus far

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what does ultimate have done to his car? i thought it was stock...wouldnt be a good matchup at all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what does ultimate have done to his car? i thought it was stock...wouldnt be a good matchup at all
    it is stock, but they put a hurtin on all kinds of fast cars, i believe even a 575 ess kit, MT though Click here to enlarge

we all prefer real times to dynos, but would like to see a dno as well.

was that 6.9 verified or graph posted anywhere?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

ask sal how fast my 3 day old CTS-V was against his ESS M3...lol....i want comparos at all my stages anyway....btw LM...I just decided to go TT...you guys are screwed...lolClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ha, after hearing the V in another thread, im in love with the blower whine again.. i want it on the M.. i may have to go all out and find someone to fab up a custom manifold to throw a KB or whipple on it Click here to enlarge.. hey.. can I have your stock blower to test it out? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ha, after hearing the V in another thread, im in love with the blower whine again.. i want it on the M.. i may have to go all out and find someone to fab up a custom manifold to throw a KB or whipple on it Click here to enlarge.. hey.. can I have your stock blower to test it out? Click here to enlarge

sure...if matt doesnt get his hands on it first

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my V is going to be purpose built to break standing mile records and be a 9sec monster...dont care if its a SC or turbo....whatever gets me there Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    weather is perfect right now. call eachother up and lets get this one under your belts

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im down...when you wanna do it and where?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my car (stock on 93)
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS's car on 98
    Click here to enlarge

lets just say it should be a good match Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    youve got a 5x hp advantage on me plus a lil less weight....ive got 120 more tq

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You'll lose, badly Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lol....stop instigating

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No offense, but there is no point to this race - I have beaten a stock ctsv coupe when I was n/a trapping 117-119, my setup now I should be close to 130 and it would be a joke. I ran a friends full exhaust z06 and pulled on him, let's be honest there is a HUGE difference between a 6 speed 575 and dct 625 with weight reduction lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok i guess.....but wouldnt it be no point when i go fully built and twin turbo....you wouldnt stand a chance either....id just totally out horsepower you then

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ah, c'mon on, you didnt buy all that HP to NOT destroy other cars right? its a friendly run between 2 enthusiasts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also if you want the title of fastest ctsv your going to hve to line up with my good friend Kenny kaboom Click here to enlarge ... He ran 9s last time I checked and mops up everything in his path lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    o trust me....i plan on an official lsx shootout....but i want to run you stock plz Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    ok i guess.....but wouldnt it be no point when i go fully built and twin turbo....you wouldnt stand a chance either....id just totally out horsepower you then
    Difference is I won't be calling you out when I'll clearly lose like you and Steve are right now

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast