Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No

    Android App Sucks...Please make it go away

    OMG, I go to log in on my phone this morning and all hell has broken loose. This is the worst Android mobile version I have ever seen in my life, impossible to navigate and pages load at half the speed of the full version, I kinda thought it was supposed to be the other way around. To make matters even worse there's no $#@!ing icon the allows me to switch back to the Full Version at the bottom of the page like there should be.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    All other vBulletin site prompt me and say that there's a mobile version available and you have to click on it, this one just took me right to mobile and it has some serious flaws. Sticky, how do I switch back to Full Version? Can I set a default to Full or do I automatically go to Mobile if I am on my phone?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    jr - did you get the video last night?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    if you dont mind me asking....what phone and what version?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    if you dont mind me asking....what phone and what version?
    Samsung Galaxy S II, it's only the most up to date and powerful phone on the planet. I believe it's running OS Android 2.3.

    I don't think it's my phone, it's the vBulletin mobile that sucks, even if i log into benzboost it takes me to Germanboost and I have to scroll down through all the BMW $#@! to get to the Benz section, it not only takes physically longer to navigate the Mobile version it actually pulls up pages literailly at about half the speed. I have tried both WiFi and 4G just to make sure it was not related to one of those things and it was the same on both WiFi and 4G.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    jr - did you get the video last night?
    No, I am mobile right now and Apple Quicktime does not run on my phone, gotta wait til I get to a PC
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    I just use full site. I HATE forum apps.

    Bimmerboost loads slow because all the graphics and coding.

    N54tech is instant, Bimmerpost is in-between.

    I'm using Motorola Droid Razr on Android 2.3.5, and we only have 3G in Corpus Christi so far.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    No, I am mobile right now and Apple Quicktime does not run on my phone, gotta wait til I get to a PC
    Not sure if you are into computers or saving money while shopping for them, but check out www.newegg.com. They have great deals and reviews!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I just use full site. I HATE forum apps.

    Bimmerboost loads slow because all the graphics and coding.

    N54tech is instant, Bimmerpost is in-between.

    I'm using Motorola Droid Razr on Android 2.3.5, and we only have 3G in Corpus Christi so far.
    I would love to use the Full site but I can't find an icon to push to take me to full site.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,246
    Rep Points
    6,792.5
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Sticky changed it this morning. Well, last evening for you guys.
    It was discussed here. If you don't like this mobile view, please state it in that thread.
    Let's hope he undoes this a soon as he is awake today. This mobile device redirect Vbulletin version sucks big time.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    139
    Rep Points
    288.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    This is as bad as "new coke," a sure way to drive down traffic. At least have an option for the desktop version.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    This is as bad as "new coke," a sure way to drive down traffic. At least have an option for the desktop version.
    Where is the Desktop or Full version option tab? I can not find it. I have scrolled down to the bottom and clicked several of the highlighted options but none of them are a Full version option. I would not have even complained had I been able to find an out but there isnt one on my phone.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    139
    Rep Points
    288.2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    You're right. I don't have a desktop option on my iphone either.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    184.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Sticky really need to get rid of the mandatory mobile version. If he must keep the mobile version, at least give us the option to select "Full Site".

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    It isn't an app, just a mobile style. The VB mobile app is apparently a waste of money until they actually fix the bugs.

    I gave the mobile style a shot, you guys don't like it, switched back.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It isn't an app, just a mobile style. The VB mobile app is apparently a waste of money until they actually fix the bugs.

    I gave the mobile style a shot, you guys don't like it, switched back.
    Awesome now it's back to normal, I'm glad to see you were willing to change back no problem. I'm on another forum where they had the best classifieds for racing parts on the Internet and the guy who owns the site went ahead and $#@!ed it up and even though everyone complains no change back to the old style. Oh and iPhone>android

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I'm on another forum where they had the best classifieds for racing parts on the Internet and the guy who owns the site went ahead and $#@!ed it up and even though everyone complains no change back to the old style.
    What site?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Yellow Bullet

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pretty sure I am in Mexico
    Posts
    925
    Rep Points
    930.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Samsung Galaxy S II, it's only the most up to date and powerful phone on the planet. I believe it's running OS Android 2.3.

    I don't think it's my phone, it's the vBulletin mobile that sucks, even if i log into benzboost it takes me to Germanboost and I have to scroll down through all the BMW $#@! to get to the Benz section, it not only takes physically longer to navigate the Mobile version it actually pulls up pages literailly at about half the speed. I have tried both WiFi and 4G just to make sure it was not related to one of those things and it was the same on both WiFi and 4G.
    Thats just God telling you you should have stuck with a BMW
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Thats just God telling you you should have stuck with a BMW
    I still own a Dinan E46 and E36 lightweight.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, thanks for changing it back. I'm all for the site advancing and its great to see you constanley adding new features but that mobile version was bad. Thanks for listening to everyones comments and glad to see it wasn't just me complaining about it.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pretty sure I am in Mexico
    Posts
    925
    Rep Points
    930.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I still own a Dinan E46 and E36 lightweight.
    Damn. Ruin my $#@! talking why don't you. Bah!
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Damn. Ruin my $#@! talking why don't you. Bah!
    I have owned a total of 3 M3s sold 1, still have 2 of them but to be honest I couldn't tell you the last time I laid eyes on them let alone drove either one of them. The ljghtweight will be restored back to mint condition someday and placed in my collection. I tracked it and beat on it pretty good, it needs some TLC.
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    47
    Rep Points
    84.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Oh and iPhone>android
    Click here to enlarge this must be your first smartphone.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skifreek Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge this must be your first smartphone.
    I agree with him, love the Iphone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •