Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Thank God I have a LSD!!

Hi Guys,

Will I just started working nights tonight, so I was sleeping all day and the last thing I remember before sleeping is that the weather was going to be ok all day.
    So I woke up at around 5PM to get ready and never bother watching the news like I always do, plus I live in a apartment downtown T.O. so I didn't look out the one window I have.
    So I pulled out of the underground garage and seen something that I have not seen for a while, SNOW!!! and lots was still coming down.
    Now the last time I drove in snow like this I got stuck on that damn hill on Dufferin and Dupont St, but I didn't have the LSD installed yet.
    Now I got Ivo to switch the diff a couple of months ago, and now I conquered both hills, the second one is at Dufferin and Rogers.
    The DSC never came on, the car in front of me stopped because it could not make it up (it was front wheel drive), but the 335is just swung her rear a bit to the right and away I went.
    It fells so good not to get stuck anymore I just love my WAVETRAC!!! Click here to enlarge

I think they should have LSD as an option for our cars but that is just my opinion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I agree, for some reason BMW seems to think it only makes sense to put LSDs in M cars.

Come to think of it...does the xi have an LSD? or is it just the standard 1 rear w/opposite front that have power?
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    I agree, for some reason BMW seems to think it only makes sense to put LSDs in M cars.

Come to think of it...does the xi have an LSD? or is it just the standard 1 rear w/opposite front that have power?
    I believe the xi does not have one, I know a member on the other forum that put a wavetrac in his rear diff of his xi and he stated it made a big difference then his stock diff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by farbmw Click here to enlarge
    I believe the xi does not have one, I know a member on the other forum that put a wavetrac in his rear diff of his xi and he stated it made a big difference then his stock diff.
    $#@!ing BMW...wow...just wow
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Was skimming this and thought the title was "Thank god I have LSD" at first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Was skimming this and thought the title was "Thank god I have LSD" at first.
    Click here to enlargeI that was the case, I think this thread would be a hole lot more interesting....ha, ha!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I remember being in the same situation last year in the 335, Wavetrac definatly made sure i got to work.. now why i had to go to work in 2' of snow, i dont know, but I got there with out incident Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge

It does have LSD, one wheel in the rear and one wheel in the front with traction hehehheehe.Click here to enlarge