Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

UPDATE: On Dinan Tune

I sent an e-mail out to Dinan requesting a dyno sheet before I go to the stealer to get my tune. Does anybody have connections at Dinan that could get me a dyno of their N63 tune? Here is the response I got from Dinan........

We provide the peak hp and torque numbers, along with the respective peak gains only. I do not have dyno graphs that we publish.

The software provides a very substantial gain in both torque and horsepower, as you have seen from the numbers. If you have any doubt, I can work out a short term satisfaction guarantee to enable you to test the software for yourself with the dealer. Just let me know who you are working with and I will be happy to arrange such

Thanks.......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

If the lack of communication, not providing end results and data to backup their claims, and 3x normal pricing doesnt turn you away, I dont know what will.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

They don't provide dyno's, something that has always bugged me about them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    If the lack of communication, not providing end results and data to backup their claims, and 3x normal pricing doesnt turn you away, I dont know what will.
    I agree about the pricing,,,for me it's just the convenience. I live in an area where"tunes" are still done under a shade tree,,,,If I lived in a large city like LA where you can pick-em, and go back if something is wrong while you wait,,,then I wouldn't be looking at Dinan's tune. In my case, it's all about what you have at your disposal at any given time, not just for a tune! That said,,,IF they do provide the HP and torque as advertised,,then I would pay,,,but why won't they show a dyno???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by buckeyewalt Click here to enlarge
    I agree about the pricing,,,for me it's just the convenience. I live in an area where"tunes" are still done under a shade tree,,,,If I lived in a large city like LA where you can pick-em, and go back if something is wrong while you wait,,,then I wouldn't be looking at Dinan's tune. In my case, it's all about what you have at your disposal at any given time, not just for a tune! That said,,,IF they do provide the HP and torque as advertised,,then I would pay,,,but why won't they show a dyno???
    Dinan wrote this big paper on how dyno's are evil or something along those lines but basically they don't show a dyno because it isn't in their interest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Got it...!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have the same beef about Dinan, and they do not do custom work. But, their quality speaks volumes. Just ask Chip Ganassi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    I have the same beef about Dinan, and they do not do custom work. But, their quality speaks volumes. Just ask Chip Ganassi.
    They seem to only do custom stuff for big race teams with big budgets. I do not get why they do not accommodate hardcore enthusiasts.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale