Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Dont post links to another forum, no point in that. At least copy and paste the info to here.
    Thanks though.

There is a guy that has this in his signature. Is this possible? stroked, single turbo, secondary fueled n54 engine... what? where has this been

sn is Questforpower

"Mods*: Precision 76MM turbo , CP Forged Pistons, Mahle Custom Forged Rods, Custom Pro-EFI tune, Secondary Port Injected Fueling, Kelford High Lift Cams, Crower 3.4L Stroked N54 Crank,AEM Standalone
    812 WHP / 910 WTQ on E85 / Best 1/4 - 9.33@154MPH"
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

If it works like it's supposed to with enough fuel for the application I am certain that thing will make big power. Click here to enlarge

I wouldn't trust the Procede for this application though, heh.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

I think that is the one thing the procede is actually well equipped to tune but they are dreaming if they think 4x1mm nozzles are going to provide amble fuel. We've had customers run similar setups with dual pumps and still run out of fuel at 500rw. They should borrow the 7th injector manifold from HPF and just have the procede batch fire some traditional injectors IMHO.

I've heard from others who have tried it that the real challenge in tuning a single is dealing with the o2 sensors/bank to bank activity. That might be best solved with a flash map controlling base fueling and advance and then use the procede for stand alone boost control and to fire off the extra injectors.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 11-29-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I guess you are right.

"Hi guys,
    Finally finishing up the fabrication of the single turbo manifold. This is our 3rd manifold design. The first two didn't allow for anything close to equal runner lengths. Nor did they position the turbo close to the block with its weight distributed evenly across the head flanges. But the 3rd time was the charm as met every single requirement. Of course, it's also the most intricate design to build! The bulk of the work is done. All that is left is completing the full welds (currently everything is just tack welded) and adding the final runners. But all the hard work is already done.
    "
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Last edited by farbmw; 11-29-2011 at 01:44 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Dont post links to another forum, no point in that. At least copy and paste the info to here. Thanks though.There is a guy that has this in his signature. Is this possible? stroked, single turbo, secondary fueled n54 engine... what? where has this beensn is Questforpower"Mods*: Precision 76MM turbo , CP Forged Pistons, Mahle Custom Forged Rods, Custom Pro-EFI tune, Secondary Port Injected Fueling, Kelford High Lift Cams, Crower 3.4L Stroked N54 Crank,AEM Standalone812 WHP / 910 WTQ on E85 / Best 1/4 - 9.33@154MPH"
    Does this car really exist? WTF???? Doubt this $#@! is real, nobody has heard anything about it. Where's the slip showing 9.33@154, that's a big ass claim. That N54 is making huge power, but most likely it is all bullsh1t......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

lol, that dude is just joking with people...its not real lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

and that manfold has only 2 cylinders worked in so far, it needs to fit 4 more right lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I think that is the one thing the procede is actually well equipped to tune but they are dreaming if they think 4x1mm nozzles are going to provide amble fuel. We've had customers run similar setups with dual pumps and still run out of fuel at 500rw. They should borrow the 7th injector manifold from HPF and just have the procede batch fire some traditional injectors IMHO.

I've heard from others who have tried it that the real challenge in tuning a single is dealing with the o2 sensors/bank to bank activity. That might be best solved with a flash map controlling base fueling and advance and then use the procede for stand alone boost control and to fire off the extra injectors.
    Good point. The piggybacks could control the secondary fueling. One thing I don't understand though, why in the world does shiv love methanol so much to use it as band aid fueling? It seems the other major tuner platforms are all moving onto e85... Might be worth a look for all parties involved. I bet Cobb could tune for e85 if it started taking off.

I would be more than willing to test the stuff in a 2:1 ratio to pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

We have tons of customers running it in a 20-40% ratio to normal fuel. Works well. But at higher power levels it's only going to burden an already limited fuel system.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

I think the one guys engine stats are in a video game.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    and that manfold has only 2 cylinders worked in so far, it needs to fit 4 more right lol
    I thought the same, looks like he still has a lot work to do. Still more progress than most vendors though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    You can mirror the one banks activity to the other banks wiring and the ECU will get identical results for "both banks". Don't know how complex it is to do although I have heard this done on cars with dual airflow meters i.e E39 M5.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

All 6 runners are now done. Currently, we are working out the wastegate/dp design. Once that is finalized, the whole thing comes apart (currently everything is just tacked welded together for easy manipulation) and gets fully welded and re-fitted. Then the car gets dropped on the engine, bolted together and wired back up. It's a process for sure. But we've been building custom turbo kits since the late 90s so we know what to expect for the most part. What we didn't expect initially was how hard it was to fit a dual 3-2-1 manifold and a large frame turbo in the space provided while still giving room for the main coolant line, intake pipe, engine mount and frame rail. That alone took nearly one full month of design/testfitting/redesign/etc,.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    You can mirror the one banks activity to the other banks wiring and the ECU will get identical results for "both banks". Don't know how complex it is to do although I have heard this done on cars with dual airflow meters i.e E39 M5.
    This approach won't work on 6AT cars since they don't necessary transition between closed and open loop fuel modes during the shift. As a result, the individual fuel trims tend get increasingly unbalanced the longer it is on boost (and after the first shift)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    All 6 runners are now done. Currently, we are working out the wastegate/dp design. Once that is finalized, the whole thing comes apart (currently everything is just tacked welded together for easy manipulation) and gets fully welded and re-fitted. Then the car gets dropped on the engine, bolted together and wired back up. It's a process for sure. But we've been building custom turbo kits since the late 90s so we know what to expect for the most part. What we didn't expect initially was how hard it was to fit a dual 3-2-1 manifold and a large frame turbo in the space provided while still giving room for the main coolant line, intake pipe, engine mount and frame rail. That alone took nearly one full month of design/testfitting/redesign/etc,.
    Good to see you posting here Shiv..Really helps to have you clarify info on your single turbo project instead of speculation..

Maybe you can post picture updates on here too (when available)...would be awesome to have a good technical discussion and maybe other arguements can be left out of this thread purely for discussion sake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    It's possible. The primary o2 sensors are current based (rather than voltage) so it's sort of tricky to rig that up. I'm not sure it's been tried before. But sticking two o2 sensors in one pipe has been tried and failed. Ideally you'll want to go in to the flash to remap the open loop fueling tables anyway so it seems like the best solution is to find some way to tell the DME you're running a single bank (ala N55) rather than a dual. Probably harder than it sounds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    This approach won't work on 6AT cars since they don't necessary transition between closed and open loop fuel modes during the shift. As a result, the individual fuel trims tend get increasingly unbalanced the longer it is on boost (and after the first shift)
    So vaguely what is your approach?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cant wait to see progress and where this goes. Thumbs up to Shiv.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The manifold could possible have been made much simpler without being the limiting factor. The available space in front of a motorcycle engine is no more and those guys pumps 500 wh from 1.4 liter Hayabusa engines.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Are you sure that's going to fit in there. Mmmm

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    The manifold could possible have been made much simpler without being the limiting factor. The available space in front of a motorcycle engine is no more and those guys pumps 500 wh from 1.4 liter Hayabusa engines.
    That's sick! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    Good to see you posting here Shiv..Really helps to have you clarify info on your single turbo project instead of speculation..

Maybe you can post picture updates on here too (when available)...would be awesome to have a good technical discussion and maybe other arguements can be left out of this thread purely for discussion sake..
    I tried to edit my post to be more clear/specific but I don't have the ability to edit my own posts. Can no one edit their own posts or am i the only one with this restriction. I also have to remove every "at sign" from my posts since the forum interprets that as an email address. Nor do i have the ability to post up pics (either as attachments or as links from photobucket). All of these strange restrictions makes participation in this forum too difficult to tell the truth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
    The x axis manifold width in the n54 is about twice that of the the manifold in the 'busa. And it's also more restricted in the Y axis due to the frame of the car. The manifold design requirements are also more strict in the n54. And the turbo is considerably larger as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Dont post links to another forum, no point in that. At least copy and paste the info to here.
    Exactly, common courtesy.

Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast