Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Additional Labor For Tune

Went to the dealer to get a total price on a Dinan tune and was ready to set up an appointment when he said that the tune was $2999, labor is an additional $250 ( is this common?), plus tax which brings the total for a tune to almost $3500..Click here to enlarge....I know that there is an increase in power and and thus an increase in fun and also a warranty involved,,,,,but $3500........thoughts,,,options.???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They do charge something for labor but $250 seems way to high. On the Dinan website iirc it says .5hrs labor. I would tell the dealer that from what you've seen on the boards that labor is way out of line. All they are doing is connecting a cable to your cars computer and downloading a file. In actual labor time I bet they don't take 20mins. Also wrentit getting stage 1 or 2 for that price?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also where r u located?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is for a stage 1,,,located in Nashville. Actually this is for a X-5 50i,,,I posted it in n63 board because there are more tuners here than the X board.......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Don't bother with stage1, get stage2. I think I paid for 1 hour of labor, but got 20% off - $250 seems excessive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how did you get the 20% off,,,,friends witht he stealer.??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Actually there is no stage 2 for the X cars. But alextremo is right they run specials often and you can get 20% off. I'd try and call Dinan and see when the next one will be. And your right to post this on here it's an N63 no matter which chassis it's in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by buckeyewalt Click here to enlarge
    No Dinan has sales all the time. It seems like almost every other month so there should be one soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hope that they do,,,,,,the last one they had is on the Mini,,and that has been on for a few months and still on..!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Went to the dealer to get a total price on a Dinan tune and was ready to set up an appointment when he said that the tune was $2999, labor is an additional $250 ( is this common?), plus tax which brings the total for a tune to almost $3500..Click here to enlarge....I know that there is an increase in power and and thus an increase in fun and also a warranty involved,,,,,but $3500........thoughts,,,options.???
    That is just plain way too much money for a tune. Thing is, you don't really have any other options at the moment it seems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Say you saw someone on BimmerBoost get it for 20% off and you want the same... along with labor waved. Economy isn't that good and not like Dinan stroker motors are flying off the shelves.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I actually got a better deal when I upgraded to stage2. I had to like my dealer on Facebook, but got 25% off and labor free.

Was not aware there is no stage2 for x cars, it's really night and day difference in drivability and power delivery over stage1.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Say you saw someone on BimmerBoost get it for 20% off and you want the same... along with labor waved. Economy isn't that good and not like Dinan stroker motors are flying off the shelves.
    hmmmmmmm Sticky,,,,why didn't I think of that. Will give it a shot in the next few weeks (weather permiting)....hopefully if they say no deal,,,a $$$$ deal might be on....!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hmmmmmmm Sticky,,,,why didn't I think of that. Will give it a shot in the next few weeks (weather permiting)....hopefully if they say no deal,,,a $$$$ deal might be on....!!
    You really have nothing to lose. Give it a shot and if they say no wait until one of the more affordable options (and usually more poweful) presents itself. Win-win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge