Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Big Tom Click here to enlarge
    On my CM 1.5 gallon trunk mount tank.
    Wow, I am surprised its going out located there. I figured it was located in the engine bay being exposed heat. I wonder how long the underhood kit pumps will last.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    Wow, I am surprised its going out located there. I figured it was located in the engine bay being exposed heat. I wonder how long the underhood kit pumps will last.
    That's an interesting thought...
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've measured the actual flow with my dual nozzle set up (CM10 + CM7) to 1300 ml/min.
    With a single CM10 I get 900 ml/min.
    good, but its not 1700cc was my main point. have you tried the do 12 or 14? what i was trying to get at was that 1 single i had was better than the duals i tried. but i did have it progressive so i didnt just dump it all at onset.

so, my question to you is, is there a benefit from having duals as opposed to a single if total flow is equal? are yours mounted near eachother? i could see if you had them separated, lke what i was trying to say earlier, 1 maybe post fmic, and one pre tb. but i dont see the advantage if they are inches from eachother

does that make sense?, its kinda late

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    good, but its not 1700cc was my main point. have you tried the do 12 or 14? what i was trying to get at was that 1 single i had was better than the duals i tried. but i did have it progressive so i didnt just dump it all at onset.

so, my question to you is, is there a benefit from having duals as opposed to a single if total flow is equal? are yours mounted near eachother? i could see if you had them separated, lke what i was trying to say earlier, 1 maybe post fmic, and one pre tb. but i dont see the advantage if they are inches from eachother

I would venture to guess better atomization than a single DO12/14? The CM10 nozzle isn't much for atomization as it is, although better than the DO10 I used before.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea, i suppose, in theory

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

They're separated.
    I did improve my 100-200 km/h Vbox time after I installed the duals.

Here's a pic of them:

Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yea that makes sense then. I always like the idea of seperating them just like that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wouldnt spray pattern be effected if both nozzles are spraying to close to each other? Maybe thus generating worse atomization?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    wouldnt spray pattern be effected if both nozzles are spraying to close to each other? Maybe thus generating worse atomization?
    Absolutely.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Absolutely.
    maybe thats why your fuel trims were pretty much the same if i remember correctly while i have 1 bank running richer on meth than the other.
    Could be too much difference between banks i terms of trims triggers missfires.
    On the other hand you had missfires to on procede rev 2.5 . did you solve that?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    maybe thats why your fuel trims were pretty much the same if i remember correctly while i have 1 bank running richer on meth than the other.
    Could be too much difference between banks i terms of trims triggers missfires.
    On the other hand you had missfires to on procede rev 2.5 . did you solve that?
    I haven't been able to try the car after I installed the new spark plugs.
    My meth system is also of the car right now, as the pump is kaput and my DO fittings are leaking...
    I hope to fix the meth as soon as possible, cause I really want to see if the misfires are gone.

...and on top of that I'm in China right now for some work... Click here to enlarge
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Going dual nozzle and having them trigger at different stages basically helps in preventing bog/quench. It also helps to save meth at the same token.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Cn555ic Click here to enlarge
    Going dual nozzle and having them trigger at different stages basically helps in preventing bog/quench. It also helps to save meth at the same token.
    but you cant do that on a just a "T" line, you need a true dual like i had, and im tellin ya, more meth is not the answer, it will eventually blow out the spark

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I agree having two pumps is the best way to go for sure. Better atomization of each nozzle. I think you were the only one that ran that setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but you cant do that on a just a "T" line, you need a true dual like i had, and im tellin ya, more meth is not the answer, it will eventually blow out the spark
    Correct, it is the same as drinking too many G&T.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but you cant do that on a just a "T" line, you need a true dual like i had.
    It's possible to make it work with only one pump if you're using dual solenoids with dual boost switches.
    But in my world that's just more stuff that could stop working, and that even includes a dual pump set up.
    GT-R R35 ​coming up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't even get a single pump setup to work 100% reliably let alone a dual pump lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    I can't even get a single pump setup to work 100% reliably let alone a dual pump lol
    lol So true its not even funny! Two pumps would make me worry even twice as much..I have dual solenoids working so my setup is almost a true dual setupClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know how many times I've had to go over my meth kit and there's always something Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The pump appears to be holding up perfectly fine for now. Maybe I'll replace all the engine bay fittings with the AM compression fittings, at least it will offer me peace of mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's possible to make it work with only one pump if you're using dual solenoids with dual boost switches.
    But in my world that's just more stuff that could stop working, and that even includes a dual pump set up.
    It can work but the atomization would be compromised since the pressure of 200 psi to one nozzle drastically decreases with an additonal nozzle added to the line. Having two pumps you get the true injected ml/min and atomization is so much better when pressure is at its peak from pump. Not alot of people will do a setup like this as it makes things more complicated and more things to go wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    While we are on compression fittings, I think I found the ones that we need for our solenoids and the rest of the 1/8 NPT female parts that require a compression fitting...
    These are pretty cheap...I tried looking for identical ones made in nickle plated brass but came up empty, but these look to work for sure!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/VAR-92951/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guys I found the one shop stop for compression fittings that sells to the public!!!! Forget about the link I gave from summit racing!! These are better and are nickel plated....Remember when you order use 1/8 npt threads and we are using 6mm meth lines and the metric threads....DO NOT ORDER THE G-THREAD ones

Calling these guys tomorrow! If your interested look under: Rapid fittings for plastic tubes
    http://www.ppdfittings.com/about.asp
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 01-15-2012 at 11:45 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Guys the threads should be NPT and meth line is 6mm
    Last edited by Cn555ic; 01-16-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice! I want to replace my nozzle holder and solenoid fittings with these compression fittings. Won't have to cut line or do other nonsense any longer.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast