Close

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We shall see.
    I have never bought anything from Shiv, but if his product was better I would certainly choose it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forcefed Click here to enlarge
    I have never bought anything from Shiv, but if his product was better I would certainly choose it.
    I have faith in one thing, Shiv is interested in money above all else. I think HPF is so much bigger they can have a smaller margin than him.

Look at how Shiv handled his tune pricing as one example on how he treats the market.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have faith in one thing, Shiv is interested in money above all else. I think HPF is so much bigger they can have a smaller margin than him.

Look at how Shiv handled his tune pricing as one example on how he treats the market.
    I guess we will see. I have no expectations.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    What is the pricing?
    it's going to be about $995...still 3 months out
    Last edited by BMW335E93; 01-18-2012 at 02:31 AM. Reason: added text

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BMW335E93 Click here to enlarge
    it's going to be about $995...
    Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess we will see. I have no expectations.
    I agree with your stance, I will buy whatever is best at the time. But customer service will also play a factor in what kit I buy.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Vishnu customer service was definately important in my decision. Boy was I proven wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What made you decide to buy his product in the first place? There's an overwhelming amount of folks that say Vishnu's CS is sub par at best. I don't like judging people especially when I haven't met the person, but having read some of his own threads about his products and how fantastic they are and the replies to others about how his $hit don't smell, I would have to agree with people that he seems to be driven by the whatever it takes to make money stance. I would take my business elsewhere. Just saying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    one thing about Shiv...

$#@! shiv
    haha, yeah.

I was looking at the discussion between you and him which caused you to get banned. Really hilarious!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Orange, at the time, their customer service was raved about on the forums. Then Cobb came and gave them a run for their money and they probably went into development mode for User Tuning, NLS & 2-step reverse engineering, and now big singles. They just dont have time to answer anyone, and this is widely reflected on the vishnu troubleshooting forum known as e90post. Truth be told though, now that I'm stuck with the unit due to low resale value, tweeking maps allows me to get my car running decently on the relatively low boost. I dont like the OTS maps.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Glad to hear you've made peace with it. No sense in selling the device just due to poor service.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Has Eric's car been on the dyno yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It may take some time until they have a dyno in their hands that they are willing to share. A week?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Personally, I think it will be a few weeks before we see a dyno tbh... They want to make a good impression and they will require some tuning. Once the tuning happens they will bump into fuel situations they will try to account for and then we're looking at a long delay... Lets hope the fueling isn't really an issue and we are all retarded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think "stage1" makes sense at all, but if they ever try to sell it, they better get some dyno figures out for it. "Stage1" means NO "fueling solution". So they would not have the need for a fueling solution to demonstrate stg1.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I don't think "stage1" makes sense at all, but if they ever try to sell it, they better get some dyno figures out for it. "Stage1" means NO "fueling solution". So they would not have the need for a fueling solution to demonstrate stg1.
    FWIW, i believe that there is benefit of running a "stg1" single turbo system (no meth, no fuel system upgrades). Even if it is limited to 460-470whp. Compared to upgraded twins, the engine will run cooler due to the tubular manifold, be less octane sensitive due to lower IAT and exhaust back pressure levels, not have wg rattle, presumably be more reliable, and make a bit more power.

Same happened back in 90s with the 3rd gen RX-7. The stock twins made good power but the car was very octane sensitive due to exhaust back pressure. Underhood temps were also outrageous. And the engines tended to blow up. Those who went for a single with tubular manifold not only made more powerful, but they also ran cooler and proved to be more reliable. The n54 isn't nearly as temperamental to begin with but the relative benefits of a single turbo should be similar.

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    FWIW, i believe that there is benefit of running a "stg1" single turbo system (no meth, no fuel system upgrades). Even if it is limited to 460-470whp. Compared to upgraded twins, the engine will run cooler due to the tubular manifold, be less octane sensitive due to lower IAT and exhaust back pressure levels, not have wg rattle, presumably be more reliable, and make a bit more power.

Same happened back in 90s with the 3rd gen RX-7. The stock twins made good power but the car was very octane sensitive due to exhaust back pressure. Underhood temps were also outrageous. And the engines tended to blow up. Those who went for a single with tubular manifold not only made more powerful, but they also ran cooler and proved to be more reliable. The n54 isn't nearly as temperamental to begin with but the relative benefits of a single turbo should be similar.

Shiv
    Are you expecting to see a significant drop in wtq with the single when compared to upgraded twins?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I actually think under hood temps will increase dramatically, as the OE manifold is of good design. It's practically equal length and free flowing and is made out of a double walled premium high heat austenitic stainless steel material. I can not imagine a single walled mid length tube design exhaust runner coming anywhere close to retaining the heat as well but there are also other unknowns such as material or coatings used and wall thicknesses.

The octane sensitivity benefit due to reduced exhaust pressure will be a very large benefit no doubt, which is just a trade off you get for the great transient boost response of smaller exhaust housings.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge

Shiv
    Upgraded twins have been handling the small negatives easily especially RBs with upgraded non-rattle wastegates. Many run meth anyways to take care of octane adequacy, some cleaning of valves and cooling. So, simplifying it a bit, it is about responsiveness vs top end power. Top end power being restricted by the fueling limitation, the responsive turbos don't lose enough in top end power to lose the whole game.

For someone like e92fan running several laps in the 'Ring, stage 1 could make sense based on the facts you explained and also running out of meth quite often if he'd even try to use it.

Hope to see some dynos for not having the need for speculations. You will add fueling by adding meth, which should see more power than HPF stage 1 if they don't address the fueling in any way.

Still, why not go with dual inlet and twin scroll? Would it have been too demanding for the space available? If the responsiveness is not close enough of the upgraded twins, singles will be niche products.

One factor is that the engine bay should look legal enough. Single 335i is legal in the form of N55, which helps as many don't know which model year is twinpower and which is twins.... Still a single turbo car cannot look like a tuned car to pass and masses cannot go back to stock each time for getting accepted. This is where upgraded twins have a big benefit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you expecting to see a significant drop in wtq with the single when compared to upgraded twins?
    No, but it will be too much in the right unless you drive above 5000RPM only.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    One factor is that the engine bay should look legal enough. Single 335i is legal in the form of N55, which helps as many don't know which model year is twinpower and which is twins.... Still a single turbo car cannot look like a tuned car to pass and masses cannot go back to stock each time for getting accepted. This is where upgraded twins have a big benefit.
    If they don't know if they are twin-turbo or single, they should not be shopping turbo upgrades to begin with. As far as twin/single passing inspection... at this level, either you know how to get by those laws or this is a track car anyway. Outside of California, it's not as strict as you may think, and you may be surprised what other "car guys" will let pass assuming numbers look good. Not trying to start anything, just trying to keep 'ya honest and on track.

edit- thought this said feb. 21st, not jan.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ... yeah of 2012. This fail thread is over a year old.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    ... yeah of 2012. This fail thread is over a year old.
    @HPF 335i is a member here, can ask them how the car's running
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh yes, this is more than year old thread. I must have missed all the dynos and slips... Click here to enlarge

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast